jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)

For the Moderators---why the deletion of Abortion video?

1. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago

I'm interested in knowing why emdi's abortion video link and reference to challenging the mocking of conservative views on it was deleted,  while many posts and threads that are truly nasty simply for the sake of nastiness are left intact.
    ??
    Why is it that a thread referring to Jesus as a pervert are left intact?
    Why is it that my request to you Moderators to have a really perverted reference to Christians deleted, was ignored, at least so far?

I believe this site is for adults, correct?   I'm pretty sure that if adults can entertain the idea of (and writings about) everything from sodomy to incest to beastiality and more,  they can indeed handle seeing a video about the horrid reality of killing babies;  and a person should have the right to post about it.

??

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You mean you really don't know?

2. Norah Casey profile image69
      Norah Caseyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The thread was created for the sole purpose of promoting a link. That is against the forum rules posted clearly to the left of the text edit form. Debates as to the legality of procedures are acceptable, as long as they are not graphic, obscene, or created to personally attack another site user. The thread is now closed as this question has been answered.

2. profile image0

No, I really don't know.

1. profile image0

I'm convinced that you do, there is a good chance I'm on your side!

3. profile image0

I may have my suspicions, but no I don't know.
    Which is why I requested an answer.

1. profile image0

My answer would be, your suspicions are probably correct!

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sure looks like it.

4. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

I want to know as well.

I don't think there is anything wrong with autopsy, abortion videos. Okay not autopsy, but what was wrong with abortion video ?

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

And, why did you open this thread to mock the moderators?

Absolutely uncalled for.

The video was subjective and completely unwarranted to be posted in a forum. There was absolutely no reason for it to be posted.

The simple fact that it's too controversial a topic and the video itself was inappropriate, yet you don't see that...is sad.

It shows the level of morality among those who are religious and have an understanding that their sad righteousness view is "how things are suppose to be" and demand others follow their lead.

You apparently refuse to accept the need for abortions that don't fit into your religious view. It shows how skewed your vision is about the reality of life.

But, thanks for opening another useless thread.

1. profile image0

As if there aren't any other "useless threads"

6. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Oh I was not aware of her views on abortion. I change my side now.

7. TheGlassSpider profile image73
    TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure of the specific videos about which you're asking, Brenda, but if they were videos of people actually having abortions or of the results of those procedures, then no one has any business posting those things on the Web. Regardless of how any of us FEEL about the abortion situation, by law they are private medical procedures and it's a violation of the patient's confidentiality rights to publish such a video unless there are a lot of legal hoops that have been jumped through before-hand (in which case, whoever posted said videos of private medical procedures had better have their ducks in a row on the paperwork).

I'd say HubPages doesn't want to be involved with any potential legal fallout from such postings.

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Norah gave an answer - The topic was started for the sole purpose of promoting a link. And that is forum spam and it isn't allowed. Whether you're doing it for a hub or anything else.

1. Flightkeeper profile image72
      Flightkeeperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nelle, I like your new avatar. That's a great picture of you.

9. TheGlassSpider profile image73
    TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago

Or there's also that.

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Thank you flightkeeper. There's been way too much forum spamming lately. When you start a topic it tells you not to start a topic solely to promote a link. People just don't seem to understand this.

1. Flightkeeper profile image72
      Flightkeeperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately the Hubpages admin will have to keep reminding us hubbers.  We do have to follow the rules.

11. Arthur Fontes profile image82
    Arthur Fontesposted 7 years ago

If the posting was for promotion then it was right to take it down.

If it was just for the subject matter then it would be odd considering some of the conversations that roll in these forums.

12. myownworld profile image80
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

I doubt if HP admin have anything against the video itself, but the 'impact' and eventual outcome of posting it on a public forum. Previously, there have been threads started on abortion and other sensitive issues, but  no one has stopped them. But a video of something like that would just offend too many sensibilities and lead to heated arguments here such as HP could do less of...smile

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years agoin reply to this

..."offend"..."sensibilities"??

now that's precious, considering that abortion not only offends people, but TAKES THOUSANDS OF LIVES.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image73
        TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That may be the case, but the fact is there are probably better places for this debate than here.

That's simply not the sort of thing HubPages exists for, but there are plenty of places where such a video (as long as it did not violate anyone's rights to confidentiality and privacy) would be welcomed and voraciously debated.

13. Ohma profile image76
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Nelle not that I am trying to rain on anyones parade but could you then please explain to me the existence of the recommend another hubber hub Monster

Closed to reply

working