jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Thumbing your own Hub

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I'm sure you used to get a humorous message if you tried to "thumb" your own Hub.  Now you just get the standard 'feedback recorded'.

Has something gone wrong or is it just something that was lost in a recent upgrade?  Or did I imagine it?

1. waynet profile image77
      waynetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Not sure...I know you get a message that says when you try and fan or follow yourself that you must be desperate for fans...am trying to think back now!

2. Springboard profile image82
      Springboardposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't know. I think it seems perfectly reasonable to be able thumb myself up if my own page view will also still be counted.

3. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Someone asked recently what happened if you thumbed yourself up and I do recall there being a witty message, so I went to one of my hubs and gave myself a thumbs up so I could see it, type it up and post it in the forum, and indeed, it told me the feedback was recorded.

I knew it never used to be that way. But it had been that long since it was last discussed I thought maybe I had dreamt about it.

4. profile image0
      Justine76posted 7 years agoin reply to this

? never thumbed my own hub....

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 7 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  thumbed....hahah, nevermind. sorry. minds in the gutter..

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Now that would be cute to see lol a little humor for tryin to thumb or fan yourself, too funny,lol. Good idea too big_smile

1. sabrebIade profile image50
      sabrebIadeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Thumbing yourself " just sounds wrong.

3. mythbuster profile image82
    mythbusterposted 7 years ago

My hubs get thumbsup all the time from my same computer - when I let friends use my computer and they check out a new hub I've published...and I have never received any warnings or anything. I've assumed that the thumbsup just doesn't register/count and the site recognizes "moi" when that happens. I've never worried too much about it.

4. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

It never even occurred to me to see what would happen. I guess I'm not a curious or adventurous person.  lol  One of these days maybe I'll try it.

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

so Marissa is thumbing her self now? LOL too funny, I must try that one. I never tried to follow me, I feared I'd get lost somewhere in a hub somewhere I didn't like, as in a hot Indian chick hub.

1. mythbuster profile image82
      mythbusterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

yes, this sounds so wrong lol

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Only when my husband is away on business wink

Seriously, I only tried it because someone asked the question, and I was positive it couldn't be done - so I was gobsmacked when it worked!

1. mythbuster profile image82
        mythbusterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I find the word gobsmacked interesting - where on earth did a term like this come from?

I'm utterly gobsmacked. There I've said it...

6. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I knew your were just funnin' 'round Marisa.

7. mega1 profile image81
    mega1posted 7 years ago

when you go to your own hub, for instance to respond to a comment or to check on something you said, that's not really counted as a view, is it?  because according to my stats it wasn't, but someone said it was?  huh?

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure it is counted.  When you visit your Hub before it's published, your views certainly count.

working