jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

adsense earnings differs

1. liswilliams profile image42
    liswilliamsposted 7 years ago

can anyone help?
    in my adsense account in the overview report it is different from the advanced report. Is this normal? Which is more accurate? Only thing is my goal is met in the advanced for the month, but not overview.
    Thanks

1. IzzyM profile image90
      IzzyMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to know this too. Bumping this thread smile

2. wrenfrost56 profile image81
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Mine often differ, I think it's normal. However there maybe someone with a bit more experience with these things, who will tell me otherwise. smile

3. N. Ramius profile image66
    N. Ramiusposted 7 years ago

Not sure of the exact answer, but how much difference are we talking? A couple cents? Dollars?

Because part of it could be rounding issues with pennies and being paid per impression. I know I sometimes have impressions that earn me a cent that don't show up when I go to Advanced Reports or vice versa but it is only for a few cents.

If you are looking at channel data and the total doesn't match, it could be you don't have a channel set up for that article or hub. If you have more in your Advanced than in your overview and are looking at channels, maybe you have a duplicate channel so it is adding twice.

Those are my thoughts, but I'm no expert.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Are you earning more in advanced?

Chances are you have set up multiple channels or something which is showing duplicate earnings.

1. easyspeak profile image73
      easyspeakposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's right.  To clarify it a bit more, if you have set up channels, you will show duplicate stats.

If you have $2 on a unique channel that you set up, than it's going to show $2 on that channel and then $2 on your overall hubpages channel, showing $4, when it's really just $2.

I think google makes a comment about that on the advance reports setting too.

5. liswilliams profile image42

I thought about the channels before. It's registering clicks when I did not click. I checked Adsense help and I see others complained so I'll just check it with them. It's a good few dollars which is quite a bit for a s.African!

1. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean by 'It's registering clicks when i did not click'?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Same as Oli! What DID you mean by that?

2. thisisoli profile image73

If its a big difference then you have probably got your channels set up wrong.

3. thisisoli profile image73

For the record daily earnings are estimates only, and subject to change when audited at the end of day for click fraud etc.

If you have been clicking on your own google adverts then the chances are that Google will soon ban you account when their systems pick up clicks coming form the same IP as the account owner.

If you have been clicking on your own adverts I would stop now and play it straight, because if you don't Google will permenantly remove you from adsense.

6. liswilliams profile image42

no!! sorry big grammar mistake, what I meant to say was there were more clicks registered in advanced than overview for the same day..not by me!

7. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

I think I must have set up a duplicate channel on Analytics or something because my Xomba traffic is identical to my Hubpages traffic! so much to remember..guess when you've been doing it as long as Oli and Ryan you come to know things off by heart. My Adsense reports are fine though, the estimated is exactly the same as the advanced reports smile

working