jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Little confused on how google adsense works on hubpages.

1. caninecrtitics profile image63
    caninecrtiticsposted 7 years ago

I;m a little confused about how i make money with google adsense on hubpages.  I hear that they make 60% i make 40% then i hear you earn 100% from the clicks.  Do i have to add my own code from google adsense or can i just let the google ads post on my hub normally.  Plus i don't have any clicks in 2 months but get at least 5 on my other sites i just need help understanding how this works.  I am signed up for google adsense thru hubpages.  Please Help.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

HubPages' Adsense code appears in the ads 40% of the time, and your code appears 60% of the time.  You get 100% of the income when your code is showing.

Have you pasted your Adsense ID in the Affiliate Settings area?

3. Ohma profile image76
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Marisa I thought the 60 40 split was the other way around?

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Everything's upside down in Australia, Ohma!

1. Ohma profile image76
        Ohmaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Bet that gives 'em headaches.

4. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The author's AdSense code appears on the Hubs 60% of the time, with the HubPages site getting 40% of the impression time.

This is all clearly explained in the site FAQ, http://hubpages.com/faq/#revenue

5. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Thanks for pointing that out, must be feeling dyslexic today!

1. WryLilt profile image81
      WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

As long as the first box in your "affiliate settings" page has a random string of numbers/letters in it you should be linked. You can check by setting up a custom channel for hubpages on adsense and if you are getting impressions, you're linked. The general click rate is said to be about 5%, so that means:

For 1000 page views, your adverts are shown 600 times.

Of those 600 ads, you should get about 30 clicks (statistically).

However it can vary widely depending on who your audience is and how advert savvy they are.

working