Do you go hubhopping ?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (26 posts)
  1. wytegarillaz profile image59
    wytegarillazposted 13 years ago

I wondered what it was so tried it ! I rated a lot of articles up , it was fun, just wondered if others do it much ?

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hard to imagine rating a lot up - it must have been an unsual day or time.  Most of what I find there is either actionable (flag as spam etc,) or depressingly poor quality.  I typically can't take very much of it - only once in a great while do I see something worth giving a rating.

1. wytegarillaz profile image59
        wytegarillazposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there were some really good ones  yet the day before was diferent , there was nothing i could rate up as were very small articles etc

1. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I'm sure it varies.  I'm not saying I have never found good articles there - I absolutely have.  I'm just saying that it can be a bit depressing moving through all the very poor but not quite bad enough to flag stuff.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I love it.  I like to take the opportunity to help my fellow hubbers.

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I do it every couple of days. It gets me reading hubs and finding hubbers I might not have otherwise. I like it! smile

1. flighhigh profile image57
      flighhighposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i like it too!!

3. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I try and go through every day or two and flag all the spammers smile

4. profile image0
    Donna Ferrierposted 13 years ago

I hop occasionally. It's a pretty cool feature...gets me reading other people's stuff. smile

5. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

I do hubhopping once in a while - I think I will plan to start hubhopping once per week...then if that's fun, maybe a few times per week. I've liked much of the text I've seen so far.

6. trish1048 profile image67
    trish1048posted 13 years ago

Yes, I do.  It affords me the opportunity to see quickly what other hubbers are writing about.  I have found some really good hubs through hopping smile

7. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 13 years ago

I rarely hubhop, but I know I should do more. Every time I think about hubhopping I decide that my time would be better spent backlinking or writing.

Perhaps I'll try to hubhop at least once a week as well.

8. Aiden Roberts profile image69
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

I give it a go when I get a chance, I usually get fed up after about 10 hubs, every now and then you find a good writer but it takes some trawling.

1. Aiden Roberts profile image69
      Aiden Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok just hopped about 16 hubs, managed to vote up 2, 8 of no interest to me, commented on 1 and other 5 sad

9. liljen23 profile image76
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

I hubhop every other day to check out new articles in the mix, some are good and some are not so good. It is a great way to rank good and bad articles in HP in my opinion.

10. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

I only tried once by mistake, immediately hit the back button.

1. Bikash jha profile image61
      Bikash jhaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha thats funny or i have to laugh i mean you are official here.

11. Chaotic Chica profile image60
    Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

I hubhop when I have spare time.  It's kind of like Russian Roulette, you never really know what you are going to get in there.
    It's good because it is an easy way to be introduced to other hubbers and their writings that I might not have found otherwise.
    It can be aggravating at times, though, when there are an abundance of hubs that are poorly written, just plain spam or inappropriate, or are on topics that just do not interest me.
    Either way I like the feature and am glad it was installed.

12. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I did it a couple of times when it first was added, but like most of the posters here, found it sub-quality and of little interest.  Lotsa spam, too.

13. Whitney05 profile image81
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Nope... There's never anything really worth reading, most of the hubs in the hub hopper are short and spammy, which isn't worth my time. I'd rather spend time reading new hubs by hubbers that I like and know write quality stuff, versus spend my time fishing through the crap for the good.

I think it was an interesting idea, but a waste. I hate to say it, but I think it was a waste of man-power to design, when there are plenty of other things to spend a programmer's time on.

1. RNMSN profile image61
      RNMSNposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess I havent found hub hopping...but I do go to the hubbers and start with patty and work my way down...tend to stay in the high numbers because of the quality...I like seeing what others are writing

14. Mike Lickteig profile image77
    Mike Lickteigposted 13 years ago

I don't hub-hop as much as I used to, but occasionally I will roll the dice in hopes of finding someone new who is worthwhile.  Most of the time if I'm looking for someone new to read, however, I will just look in the comments field of someone I follow for an insightful response.

15. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

i like to hub hop, its the only exercise i get!!

16. milkomeda profile image60
    milkomedaposted 13 years ago

I often Hub hop after I write a Hub, I find it fairly fun to find out what someone was writeing about at the moment. normally Ido have to rate a few down, and they're sometimes on a subject that has quite a bit of potential too. It helps with Hubpages' credibility so I do my part....we wouldn't want people comeing across this website and not taking it seriously due to finding low quality hubs that should be taken down, so in my opinion I don't think was a total waste like you said Whitney, but that's your opinion and I can't change people's opinions.

17. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

Yes, I hub hop and have found some interesting hubs and some great writers.

18. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

I think hub hopping is one hubpages.com better inventions.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)