AdSense Revenue

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (44 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

These 1-cent, 2-cent, 3-cent ad clicks are killing me! smile

Are there any solutions to this?

1. bgamall profile image69
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Write about different subjects. But it is possible that those subjects will come with even fewer clicks. I haven't figured out what it is that makes people click on a lot of ads for a good return yet, Lol.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

get rid of adsense adds, take them off lol

1. adrienne2 profile image66
        adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now that was not nice to say. I know u just kidding.....

3. SubmissionWork profile image40
      SubmissionWorkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Go for high paid keywords or build more and more lenses so that you can compensate with many clicks.

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oops wrong website... this is HUBPAGES not Squidoo!

2. profile image0
        TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you are more addict to squidoo.

2. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Perhaps your Hub titles could be changed, most of my titles are between 1-4 words at most..this makes them a lot easier to be indexed by search engines

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

really? I had no idea about it.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you think this is because of 'drowning out your keywords' or for another reason, Richie?

3. Never_Forget profile image57
    Never_Forgetposted 13 years ago

I have noticed that HubPages has a LOT more low-paying clicks than another platform I write for. Not sure why either.

4. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Every ad is payed for by someone who wants a customer. Big ticket items, or popular items will pay more.

Writing about a cruise, for instance, gets me 1 to 3 bucks a click on my own sites. Toothpicks, ashtrays, stationary and so on will give you low paying clicks.

I just got a pet item click for $3.33 on my new pet website. Most clicks on hubpages seem low, however I did get a $2.75 click on here.

Write about a big ticket item or very popular items and you'll get more per click, on average. smile

5. liljen23 profile image76
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

Write on different topics and use a keyword tool to include the keyword in the title and in the article. Your article should get indexed and start to receive traffic, once you start to get traffic then you should start receiving high clicks. Write on topics that are up and coming and that would most likely bring in more money per click. For an example start writing on some Halloween or Christmas hubs now and so when the times, I am sure you will receive some benefit from it as long as you use the keyword tool right. As of right now, I have made over $70 with Hubpages and $50 with Amazon following these steps and it is steadily increasing with my older articles and newer ones.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

So, if I understand this thread correctly, in order to make any money, you must write reviews of commercial products or commercial venues such as amusement parks???!!!

No $$ for op-ed pieces, travelogues, or anything else, eh?  Hmmm...serious bummer.

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, not at all. You can write about anything you want and make money with adsense. HOWEVER if you want to make a LOT of money with them, then yes you have to write more along the lines of commercial hubs.

You could just write about your last vacation and get lots of high paying clicks because you had good key words in there.

But for consistent, high paying clicks you need to focus on the subjects that pay good. The Google adsense key word tool right in your Google account shows you what key words are high paying.

So if you work those key words into your hub and rank for them, you should get high clicks. It all comes down to how much you make it a business and how much you just want to write for writing sake.

Since I work online as a full time job, it's all about biz to me. smile

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some of my top-earning AdSense Hubs fit none of the descriptions or topics you are presuming are the only money-makers.

That's nice to know. I suppose any hub has the potential to do good with adsense.

However for consistent, long term income it's better to focus on just what keywords generate a lot of clicks and high paying ones. Those on AVERAGE consist of commercial or product types.

I don't go after the really high ones because there is too much competition. But 30 clicks at .50 cents a pop is 15 bucks verses 5 cent clicks for $1.50. smile

7. paradigmsearch profile image60

You guys are gold!

Some very good info was posted here!

Thanks everyone. smile

8. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

a reading list that will highly help

Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings

Keyword-tips-Money-making-keywords
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Keyword-tips-Mo … g-keywords

I recommend you reading the hubs of Rebecca E who has some great hub on adsense earning.

9. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 13 years ago

Traffic will also play a big role.  You could make a ton of money on penny clicks with a million of them.

10. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I have several hubs whose clicks range from the dreaded $0.01 all the way up to nearly $3.00, so the payout isn't solely topic-related--at least in my case. smile

11. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

OIC.  Well, my angle is I like to write, and I write about what I like.  Hopefully, there are folks who enjoy my writings.  I'm not trying to make my writing a 'business' in the sense of earning my way by people clicking on ads--I don't put a lot of faith in that.

Most folks, I feel, gloss over ads because they don't like ads--they see them as a distraction from what they came to read, so they get ignored.

How many of you, for example, sit through all the ads in commercial breaks on TV?  How many more get up and use those couple of minutes to do something else, such as get a snack, or stick the laundry into the dryer?

I'm putting my writing out there more in the hope of earning for-pay writing jobs...not hoping folks click on ads.  I view that aspect more as a sideline than reliable income.

For-pay writing can be very good. I myself use to write articles for others and charged by the article. Check out Demand Studios, they pay by the article. Good luck. smile

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Bill!  Will do!

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

Hmm... just looked it over--they want you to do 'work for hire' and sign away all your rights.  That won't work for me I want to do freelance, but not in a 'work for hire' situation--I will assign 1st North American rights only, so I can re-work my own pieces for re-use elswehre.  Thanks, though--all leads are worth following up!

1. thisisoli profile image71
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Writing on the internet is not like writing published articles, you cannot assign globally limited licenses.

If you write an article for demand media you can easily get away with rewriting it, half the stuff on there is rewritten from other articles anyway.

IC--ok..thank you for that info.  ;-)

2. Pcunix profile image91
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course you can.  You can assign or not assign any copyright you desire. Enforcing it is another issue,  because it obviously requires ip filtering, but if you can convince someone that it's worth going to that much effort for your little blurb, you certainly can.

1. thisisoli profile image71
              thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But why would anybody buy a global limited licence for written work online. 

IP restrictions on content are cumbersome at best. The technical application is possible, but the commercial viability is close to non-existent.

Add that to the fact that good content can be found relatively cheaply (Not talking about the dollar article writers here) from people who are more than willing to sign a global licence, and you simply cannot keep up with the competition by creating region specific licences.  Enforcing it would be an issue, but finding a buyer would be a much larger issue.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If that's the case, then I recommend you take a look at how Sufidreamer has written his profile.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Sufidreamer

You notice he identifies himself as a freelance writer for hire, and links to a website where he gives full details of his capabilities.  About half his HubPages profile is about his freelance writing abilities.

Or here's Julie Ann Amos's approach:
      http://hubpages.com/profile/Julie-Ann+Amos

Will look those up--thanks much!

3. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Freelance work is good if you can get it and although you may get paid a one time fee, I much prefer the write once and get paid over a recurring almost passive way which would add up to more money in the long run.

It takes a bit to learn and can be viewed as a side income, but not with me, I know once I've written certain articles that they will continue to earn me money over a longer time frame.

12. Pratonix profile image70
    Pratonixposted 13 years ago

I was tempted once or twice to go in for Google AdSense, but I haven't so far. And I've got more than 80 hubs up.

Somehow I don't like the ads to spoil the page. The HubPages layout is good without the ads. But then who is willing to give up the 'moolah'?

1. mcbean profile image67
      mcbeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just because you don't  sign up for adsense doesn't mean ads won't be displayed. They will be displayed 100% of the time, only hubpages will receive all of the revenue.

1. Pratonix profile image70
        Pratonixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, McBean. I guess I'm gonna take the plunge!

1. profile image0

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain big_smile

2. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You just gave him misinformation.

He has set his hubpages to non-commercial and selected 'no' ads. An option we is open to each and every one of us.

The only AdSense unit on his pages are the blocks at the very bottom, under the comments.

13. JulieBMack profile image60
    JulieBMackposted 13 years ago

There is a lot that goes into clicks.  I think keyword research is very important, but it is more complicated than people think.  It is a balance and not just picking the highest competition - that will be challenging. 

Continue to write quality posts that will offer something to the reader.  It does not have to be commercial - many of my highest paying articles (on other sites) have nothing to do with commercial products.  Make it natural, don't force the keywords.  And as always, patience, effort, and time.  Hard concept for many freelance writers.

14. vicki simms profile image67
    vicki simmsposted 13 years ago

I have just read the posts on here and found them very useful so thank you, I have just started Hubpages recently and learning the ropes so to speak and this has really helped me!

1. profile image0

The learning centre is the best resource... have you checked it out?

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

1. vicki simms profile image67
        vicki simmsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for this, gonna check it out now smile

15. triosol profile image61
    triosolposted 13 years ago

I guess Thosee 1-cent,  2-cent or 3-cent you are earning in you Google Adsense account is not from ad clicks but from Page impressions. Google pays you few pennies for every certain page impression they recieve from your articles.

You should not much worry about Adsense earning until and unless you want to live on those clicks.

If  you want to Work Full Time and Earn 100% Income from Adsense then try to publish more artilcles on other website  as well apart from HP, create your own adsense websites, blogs.

16. profile image0
    askpowersposted 13 years ago

I think you have selected keywords which have low Click rates. try to use those which have high click rates and spend some time to optimize your blog or site.
    definitely you will earn more.
    regards,

17. paradigmsearch profile image60

Resurrection.

Ten clicks = 20 cents.

Just an observation.

10/08/10.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)