People do nothing but disappoint

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (35 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

In my forum "My Mind is Open"
    not more than like 3 or so
    answered my question and all the others argued and made fun.

Why is it that people act so childish in that forum

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

its okay. i know exactly how you feel.  most people in forums often just come on here to have fun and joke around.  and the ones that do take your topics seriously, will sometimes criticize you for your opinions if your not too careful.  it's a huge risk you take.  that's why i don't open up forums hardly anymore that relate to a hub topic I want to write about. like earlier this year, i had one on oscar snubs, but hardly anyone took it seriously.  yet a forum i started for kicks like asking people what the kinkiest thing they've done during sex got a lot of responses.  heck, i even had a lot of hubbers ask me i was going to make a hub out of those sex related forums.  lol.  sorry, but i would never do that.  however, its like one of the other hubbers already said on here, it's a risk you take.

schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thx, I appreciate your nice "ness"smile

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

your quite welcome.  I hope you get a lot of responses your looking for. I would respond to your forums on slavery and the open mind one, but i can't right now, sadly.  like beth100's forum on asking what christianity is, i have an answer for both of you, but i can't answer it right now until I do a bit of research to reconfirm a few things first.  once, i do, i promise i'll give you both the response i hope you both will like.  until then, i hope you both find the responses your looking for. smile

2. aware profile image65
    awareposted 13 years ago

hmm good question .  subject matter . title. intent

ok this is moot now,
      but you'd think with all the people trying to prove things, this would be their opportunity. And my intent was sincere, so if they thought it wasn't it's their fault.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Those are the chances you take on a public forum...

4. aware profile image65
    awareposted 13 years ago

im not one of those people

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

And I should add that it is in the religion forum...you will get arguments and ridicule in there always.

smile yeah don't I know that

6. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

You asked a question that was not relevant.  You seem to think that atheists became so because of some fault of believers. Those faults may give us reason to dislike religion, but they are not the reason for not believing in supernatural nonsense.

that is completely incorrect. where did you get that idea? roll

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From your threads, obviously.

What then was the purpose of that question?

Actually I don't think it was a question!
          I said my mind is open and to tell me what you think..........

The purpose
          was to look for the truth if there was any.

I guess your cynical. Or you don't know me. Either way I forgive you I don't care at this point

lol

2. brianzen profile image60
      brianzenposted 13 years ago

We are humans and tend to err as such.

3. Money Glitch profile image63
      Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

Hi schoolforreal smile
      I've learned that it is when an individual places expectations upon what or how people will react to a given situation is what causes disappointment. 

It's only when your mind is open to the reality of allowing a person to express to you who they really are without placing expectations upon that individual that you will wind up NOT disappointed. "Reason being; when there are no preconceived expectations of an outcome there can be no disappointments."
      Hope that helps a little. smilebig_smile

wink wink

2. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years ago

By the way, I did add a very serious reply at that other thread, though you may miss it because there have been unrelated posts since then.

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

religion forums = mocking

There are a few good comments here and there, but for the most part, it seems to me that one side is mocking the other, and then from there the original topic disappears all together.

It's kind of a maturity thing, maybe? I don't know.

1. profile image0
          mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

think of public forums as a stranger, you never know who you will meet or what their response to a specific topic will be...It is only after getting to know the individuals that you can build a foundation of trust...the point is not to rely on forums for trusting conversation unless you know the person you are conversing with...

2. sofs profile image76
          sofsposted 13 years ago

Thread about thread about threads.. smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, irrationality run amok. lol

1. Druid Dude profile image61
              Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sir Cag. You cad. Methinks, methinks, that you bin bad, twas OK, how then could I see sir GALAHAD.

roll

3. Rafini profile image81
          Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I must've missed that one...I don't login that much anymore. hmm

me gets what your saying. exactly.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

?hmm you find it funny you are pushing people to stay offline?? roll

I'm pushing people to stay offline. How is that exactly?

you were laughing..........................................................................what did you mean by that? big_smile

Because, the thought that ran through my head at the time I saw your post to Rafini's post.

Therefore, I laughed. hmm

oh, my mistake, sorry

what thought was that?

smile

Don't ask questions for which you really don't want answered. lol

Besides, it's on a need to know basis and you don't need to know. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)