Who is good at communication: Maddie Ruud or Paul?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (42 posts)
  1. greathub profile image64
    greathubposted 16 years ago

I think Paul's way of communication is much much more considerate, concrete, complete than Maddie Ruud's.

I wonder if names have effects on a person.

What's your take?

1. darkside profile image59
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Who do you prefer, your mother or your father?

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You must have nowhere to go and are bored on a Saturday. Why not go and start working on a hub instead of trying to stir up crap...

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

I think you're wrong.

greathubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

No, seriously. You are much better.

Your explanation about wikipedia yesterday was much better than Maddie's.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
        Maddie Ruudposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I admit that Paul is much better at technical explanations than I am, but it is a matter of differing expertise.  I'm sorry you found me inconsiderate.  I strive to emphasize both courtesy and clarity in my responses.

Have I used the word "inconsiderate" for you anywhere in my post?

2. darkside profile image59
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Though you must admit that what you've said here is very considerate, concrete and complete.

Its just his humbleness, darkside.

3. ProCW profile image80
    ProCWposted 16 years ago

They both have their own ways of communication... both are good at what they do.

4. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

The middle school drama is killing me.

1. ProCW profile image80
      ProCWposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I like drama... but not this kind.

5. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

lol

I think you are asking for trouble smile

Paul - Blunt
    Maddie - Diplomatic smile

In my opinion Maddie - Blunt
                           Paul - Considerate

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Think yourself lucky you didn't get my explanation big_smile

Elaborate!

As you wish.

It is people like you - submitting your own hubs to wikipedia that are frankly poor quality who have spoiled that particular website for others who do write definitive articles.

Lets take a look at what you consider to be worth submitting to wikipedia as a reference source smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/solar-reflector

I even left the link so you owe me one big_smile

"A solar reflector can be made very easily. The beauty of a parabolic reflector is that you can concentrate parallel rays of sun on a praticular point. It can be used for various purposes. It has applications in solar cooking, pasteurization and even in airconditioning(No, this is not a typo). The design I am presenting is very cost-effective. Aluminium is choosen as the reflective surface. The reason for not choosing mirrors is that they are very fragile and can cause injury to its handlers. They are expensive also. While Aluminium sheets are cheap and light weight. As far as reflectance is concerned Aluminium's reflectance is second to glass mirrors only. So you should not worry about reflectance."

Horrible English. Truly awful. No native English speaker is going to read past this paragraph. I have highlighted the spelling mistakes and the poor grammar. smile

Italics = spelling mistake
            Bold = poor grammar
            Italics and bold = meaningless statement

Now, that is just the first paragraph. You go on to not tell anyone how to make a solar concentrator and make a point of not telling them how they could use one in the unlikely event that they did manage to build one from your instructions.

If I was wikipedia, I would not want to link to this hub. It offers no information whatsoever.

Satisfied? I can do the other one if you wish big_smile

Its very heartening that you read my hubs so carefully and pointed out my mistakes. I always welcome criticism.

Thank you for pointing out my spelling mistakes. I usually spell words correctly. But those were typos.

People who are looking for solar concentrator plans already know where to use them. Moreover I have mentioned its applications in the first paragraph that you have quoted here.

Would you suggest the grammatically-correct versions of the sentences that you have highlighted?

Go ahead and dissect my other solar concentrator hub also.

Thanks for pointing my mistakes.

Yes, I owe you a link.

I am not a native speaker, so its natural that I am gonna make mistakes.

But with your help I can certainly write good hubs. smile

Certainly. I charge $250 per hour consultation fee. Minimum 4 hours, payable in advance.

big_smile

Very funny!

2. vietnamese profile image65
                  vietnameseposted 16 years agoin reply to this

This even higher than my translation fee .....hahaahahahaa..... And some attorneys told me that I overcharged hahaahahahaaha

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

I find both of them equally helpful.

Maddie has to put up with a lot and handles it all with tact.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

Why don't you get over it? She told you something you didn't want to hear and now you have to attack her.

I am NOT attacking anybody.

I have already gotten over IT.

I am just expressing my opinion.

8. gamergirl profile image88
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

Schoooooool's out for summer!

9. pkmcr profile image78
    pkmcrposted 16 years ago

I haven't had any direct dealings with Paul.  However, I have found Maddie engaging and ready to discuss issues.

Regards

Paul

10. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

all of the hubpages team are fantastic they are friendly cheerful helpful and polite comparing them is wrong because although they are part of a team, they are individuals too.
    I love all of you guys and gals on the team take care.....jimmy

11. DJ Funktual profile image79
    DJ Funktualposted 16 years ago

LOL the whole thread.
    Charlotte & Glen had me on the floor.   

Here's a direct quote:
    Some people feel threatened by power and a firm opinion. Some people take kindness for weakness and don't recognize the beauty before them. Suckas!  Maddie is the sweetest, hardest working woman around this place.

Apparently you need ta recognize!!

Paul's awesome too.  Why this drama?

On the forums page this is written under the heading The Hubber's Hangout:

"Go off-topic and discuss whatever you like"

I am just expressing my views. Its just light-hearted discussion. Don't take it too seriously, dude.

12. gamergirl profile image88

greathub:

If you were trying to be lighthearted, targetting the community moderator with negative comments when her responses to you were nothing but considerate and to the point is a terrible way to go about it.

Likewise, Mark showed you a list of reasons why your hub is substandard when attempting to consider it as an authoritative resource, which is what you need to present when adding to Wikipedia.  If you go back, you'll see that I also posted a response to your thread with a link that is vital to remember when editing in links on a wikipedia entry.  I suggest you read as much as you can about Wikipedia's policies prior to editing any wikipedia entries at all.

Where on earth have I targeted anyone?

This thread has gone completely out of control.

I never meant to hurt anybody.

I posted this topic in Hubber's Hangout, not in a serious part of this forum.

1. vietnamese profile image65
        vietnameseposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I know what ya up to....hehehehehe..... which is nothing serious. No need to explain, sometimes we just need to pick on someone, that's all! :-)

13. pjdscott profile image68
    pjdscottposted 16 years ago

While I have not had direct dealings with Paul, I have always found Maddie totally objective, helpful and expert. If I did have an issue with them, I would not be posting on the forum!

While they provide their services for free, they are professionals, and I have always found the support on HubPages to be totally professional and extremely impressive. Likewise, the community is extremely well informed and it is unusual to see anybody being contentious, just for the sake of it.

Let's keep it that way!

14. vietnamese profile image65
    vietnameseposted 16 years ago

This is the only forum that I participate on a daily basis (or very close to it). And I love everyone on here. Whether that is: Maddie, Paul, or Joe down the forum.... Even Mark when he flagged my hubs also.... hahahaahahahaa...

15. compu-smart profile image86
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

I think you are lucky to get any kind of responce, answer, help!!!

To be honest, i have had problems with many other sites and companys and often email the staff, and if i  am lucky i may get a reply thats not automated!!

Here at Hubpages, the staff are very kind and very helpfull and are always there to help! anyone!!..!
    smile

Well, hubpages people reply speedily.

Thats a truth.

16. gamergirl profile image88

And courteously, and politely, no matter who they are.

I can honestly only thing of one time that a member of Hubpages staff has ever stepped out of line since I've registered here.. but that wasn't Paul or Maddie.

By the way:  You posted a serious topic.  At least, I'd say calling Hubpages staff out in your own way is serious.

Even Maddie and Paul took it lightly then why are you taking it seriously?

17. gamergirl profile image88

Eh, nevermind.  You don't get it.  Have a good weekend!

18. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

I only read half the posts on here, it was driving me nuts.  I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could have a problem with either of them, they're unbelievably great and competent.

19. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 16 years ago

In todays management system every where there is an internal system of potential and performance apraisal. There is no harm in apraising both of them.
    While apraising I am praising both of them as excellent communicator.
    Thanx,
    Jyoti Kothari

20. gamergirl profile image88

Jyoti:

There's a big difference between saying that Maddie is aptly named (calling her Rude, a play off Ruud) and saying, for instance, that there is room for improvement in how people who have yet to master the nuances of the English language perceive Maddie's awesome people skills.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)