jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Flagging Unfair

1. profile image0
    roddmaposted 6 years ago

I feel someone here on Hubpages is unfairly flagging my hubs. no sooner than I publish one it gets duplicate content. Only minutes after publication today I got warning of overly promotional and it is not. I have no links listed to other sites. I checked and never found any similar content anywhere else.  I notice flagging goes up during contests. It makes me want to give up hubpages. I hope it is a glitch but feel otherwise.

1. profile image0
      Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It sounds to me as though the no talent bums - and there are a few on HP - are just jealous of your ability to write.

I know that it is easy for me to say, as I have not had this problem (yet), but just ignore them. You know that your Hubs are original and meet all the criteria.

Just hang in there and keep at it. Would hate to see you leave because of a few talentless twits with nothing better to do than cause unnecessary trouble for other Hubbers.

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The duplicate content detector is automated - it does not require or respond to flags.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

Regarding overly promotional: putting links, even in an RSS capsule, on content that already exists on the Web is not allowed.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

And, as others have said, user flagging just alerts our moderation team to take a look. If a Hub has been moderated, it's because a HubPages moderator has found it to be in violation of our rules.

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

4. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Duplicate alert comes automatically but others alert comes by flagging also.Like some hubbers flagging my hubs of low standard and teamhubpages unpublished my hubs without any reason.This is very unfair. I write to them what no result comes

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Flagging a hub WILL not result in it being unpublished, it will only result in a moderator checking the content of the hub.

A staff member is the ONLY person who can unpublish your hub.

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

You do realize that flagging simply alerts the HP staff, right?  It's still up to them to determine if the flag is legitimate.  Flagging will never hurt you unless something is truly wrong.   Are you sure you've read the rules about what constitutes duplicate content and overly promotional?

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

It would do absolutely no good for someone to run around flagging hubs for the fun of it.  HP would put it stop to it pretty quick if that was going on.  What a waste of their time! People really need to educate themselves on how flagging works.  No one can get you banned except yourself.

4. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I just looked at your Hubs.  You know what I'm guessing may have happened?  Your writing doesn't show up until someone scrolls quite a way down the page.  One Hub looks like it has ads and the comment box.  Another one looks like it's all Amazon (if I recall correctly) ads and a link.  If someone scrolls far enough down they'll find your writing begins, but I'm guessing someone who is "Hub hopping" may not think to scroll that far down.  Most Hubs start much farther up near the top.

I'd doubt that it has anything to do with "talentless jealous people" at all.  Besides, I'm under the impression the duplicate content thing is something that gets run whether anyone flags or not.  I think if you move your text box up, put things like the Amazon ads alongside it, and put the comment box at the bottom - you won't be getting flagged.  I have a feeling what's gone on is nothing more than a "misunderstanding" type of thing.  I know that when I clicked on what I think is your most recent one I thought, "Hey - so where's the Hub?"    smile  (Then, of course, I found it. )

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

You do realize that there are automatic flags?

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82

Funnily enough your back pain article was written by someone called Cindy in 2009

http://www.allwomenhealthonline.com/223 … -back-pain

1. Lisa HW profile image81
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So much for the "no-talent bums" theory....    (So much for my theory that the writing was hidden at the bottom of the page too, for that matter...)  lol

7. Reality Bytes profile image90
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago
    1. profile image0
      roddmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think he automatic features are just too sensitive.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The automatic features are there to stop you losing your Adsense account. Adsense has strict rules and if you show adverts on a hub that breaks those rules, you can easily lose your account.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's life.  All automated features are imperfect by definition.  If they made them less sensitive, they would miss stuff - so they've chosen to err on the safe side, and then manually review the debatable ones. 

It's one of the things that maintains the reputation of the site, which keeps our earning high.  So be grateful for it.

And did you know that your Hubs have to be original - which means they're not published anywhere else, even by you.  Duplicate content is not the same as plagiarism, it means exactly what it says.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image82

I think it is working just right...

working