I am planned to add youtube videos on all of my hub ( already few hubs have it).
I have following questions regarding this
1) Is it good idea to put video capsule on all the hubs?
2) Does adding youtube videos helps to increase the hub search engine position?
3) What is the best place to put youtube video capsule?
4) Is it good to put title for video capsule? I mean will it improve search engine position of hub?
5) Does it make any difference if I put full width of the video capsule or half width of video capsule which is aligned to the right side edge of the hub?
A video can easily have the effect of keeping a reader on the hub for a longer period of time - something google likes to see.
I usually do not use titles; the video often has a title itself that is visible without playing it.
Personally, I dislike full width pics or videos. I align mine right.
As Wilderness stated, a video can help keep a reader on page longer and that is good.
You should most definitely use a title with any capsule you use. These are the areas where you can place keywords to help boost your page.
I find the best placement of a youtube capsule is full width after a text module especially if you hub is a how to or product hub. The size of the video really depends on your core audience. Younger viewers are likely to accept a small video where older viewers prefer large videos and are looking for detail.
by Wavie2 years ago
I know that hubpages is strict about violations and copyright but is it a violation to post a youtube video in your hub, which you know includes copyrighted material, which the one uploading the video did not have...
by Lauryallan5 years ago
I just went to edit one of my hubs and noticed that none of my embedded youtube videos are showing up. The capsule is clearly there as they still have the titles I have given them, but instead of a video there's just...
by MacPharlain3 years ago
Hi, my lenses were imported yesterday and the lenses that had YouTube videos are not showing the videos on the Hub versions. The original video module title shows on the hub, but no video. I haven't checked...
by Janis Leslie Evans4 years ago
In order to add your own video to a hub, do you have to join youtube first, upload your video, then put it in the hub capsule? I wish I could upload my videos like I upload my photos.
by Jason Menayan4 years ago
Hello everyone,Major announcement - HubPages Video is now live!You can upload Videos - which will be similar to popular YouTube and Vimeo videos in that they autoplay and can be embedded on other sites. HubPages Video...
by Barbara Tremblay Cipak3 years ago
(1) Video Problem:So far, on the pages I've checked, none of my Youtube Videos imported. I was the country music contributor which means many of my pages are music pages with video referenced and related in the page -...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.