Finally made 50cents in a day from Adsense here!

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (50 posts)
  1. ChuckHuckaby profile image39
    ChuckHuckabyposted 13 years ago

I was wondering if anyone would ever click one of my ads! I finally got a few clicks today and made 50 cents!

That's a start....

1. bogerk profile image70
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's pretty cool isn't it? One day I randomly made $2.15 or so. No idea where that came from and have never came close to repeating it, but it was fun.

Here's to more $0.50 days!

ChuckHuckabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Given the "success stories" some folks routinely make up to $30 to  $50 per day with Adsense! I'd like to see that one day!

2. ImChemist profile image56
        ImChemistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its good start specially you just new here 5 weeks only and make that , its good .keep in work more.

2. sumitparihar profile image40
      sumitpariharposted 13 years agoin reply to this

all the best..

3. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well done- it takes time to develop.

4. iamalegend profile image62
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmm. i wonder how did you do that  roll  Including me there so many who made nothing. oh i forgot., congratulations.

Before publishing most hubs I have a good idea what a click from Adsense will bring. So I try to keep to keywords with higher potential value.

I don't think that was a bad strategy but right now most traffic is from other hub users who are less prone to click.

5. ezzy1512 profile image60
      ezzy1512posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a good start.

Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement!

6. oceansnsunsets profile image83
      oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Chuck, I am  happy for you.

Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement!

7. Vaiebhav profile image75
      Vaiebhavposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic. Great beginning. Here's to $1 a day.

Thanks!

2. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Congrats smile More clicks will follow if organic traffic increases over time.

3. salt profile image61
    saltposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, it took over a 100 hubs for me to reach that mark.

4. Notrum profile image70
    Notrumposted 13 years ago

Very cool. Keep up the good work.

5. AF CHIEF profile image69
    AF CHIEFposted 13 years ago

You got me beat, 3 hubs and just got adsense approved a couple days ago so still waiting for that big rush when I actually make a cent, lol.  I'm excited and motivated so mainly spending most of my time reading up on all this new stuff to me.  Links, pagerank, tags, keywords, etc.  It's slowly coming together for me, still a long ways to go but I really am starting to understand what each term actually means and how they fit together for a cohesive marketing strategy.  Oh well, still waiting on my first cent but congrats to your 50 cents and here's to many, many more for you.

6. jmlares profile image61
    jmlaresposted 13 years ago

I joined HubPages last month and have gotten $16 so far with my 3 hubs! I think I might stay here for awhile! smile

1. txgal profile image59
      txgalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Congratulations! It took me a long time to make $16.

2. prairieprincess profile image92
      prairieprincessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that is very impressive! I've only made that much with 37 hubs, between Amazon and Adsense, for three months. Going now to check your hubs! smile

7. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 13 years ago

Well done Chuck, it's a mice feeling when you see the pennies start coming in.  From what I can gather most get off to a slow start and then things start to pick up.

1. andyoz profile image86
      andyozposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or should I say 'nice' feeling, haha

8. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

well done, its a good feeling- as you get nearer payout you get more excited- I get a click or two every day now, but it has been slow building!

9. Turkish2011 profile image60
    Turkish2011posted 13 years ago

great to hear that it actually work. thanks

10. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 13 years ago

Congrats on getting clicks! Some days nothing seems to happen, then you can get a whole lot of them! Yesterday I got an 89c click and another 14c click this morning. I felt a bit downhearted last week when it ended on a 9c click but it looks like shopping online is picking up pace!

The adsense continues to climb thankfully. Hopefully it will become pretty good. We shall see. Thanks for your comments.

11. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 13 years ago

Congratulations and good luck toward future earnings.

12. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

Don't forget even the Hubpage Team say it takes 3 years for a hub to reach its optimum performance, so for those who have only been here a short time, wait long enough and your early hubs will no doubt make good money in the long run. Never expect too much in the early months.

1. AshleyRB profile image61
      AshleyRBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a big fan of waiting! But I have noticed that my traffic is increasing and becoming more steady as time passes.

In my opinion we shouldn't really wait for people to come to us. I'm going to promote my articles to the point of exhaustion! lol But I'm aiming for 50 hubs before I promote extremely heavily so that way I can link my articles on the same subjects to each other. Got to reduce that bounce rate!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
        mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't mean that it takes 3 years to earn from a hub, just that it takes time for it to creep up search engines, get maximum viewings etc. Even if you market it really heavily it is unlikely to happen rapidly, which is why patience is important. Good things come to those who wait smile

13. nakmeister profile image65
    nakmeisterposted 13 years ago

After only a few weeks on here, I am up to 73p now (about a dollar). My first click was around $0.50 which was really exciting! After reading someone's hub on here who said most people don't make enough for a cup of coffee each month, my aim is to get enough for a cup by the end of January. Depending on the price of coffee, I'm at least half way there! Of course I'll no doubt have to wait at least 6 months to get paid the money, but I think I'll just write an IOU...

14. AshleyRB profile image61
    AshleyRBposted 13 years ago

One day I made 95 cents! I was all excited...but most days I don't make anything. I really would love to be one of those people making a thousand a month. We all just have to keep at it! smile

15. manspaugh profile image60
    manspaughposted 13 years ago

Dang....I can't wait to do that!

16. profile image0
    Muldanianposted 13 years ago

Be careful not to spend it all at once on living the high life.  You should consider investing it, maybe in property or shares.

17. emdi profile image64
    emdiposted 13 years ago

Congrats. My first earning was also $0.50 :-)

18. Mousumi Paul profile image60
    Mousumi Paulposted 13 years ago

I'd join 2 weeks before and have 23 hubs..I got $10....I'm excited...

19. Wendy Krick profile image65
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

Way to go!

Thanks!

20. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Mighty oaks from acorns do grow! If you can make 50c you can make $500. Congrats!

21. leahlefler profile image96
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! It is a wonderful feeling, isn't it? I've earned about $3, and every click makes me so happy! Here's to your next $0.50 coming in very quickly!

22. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 13 years ago

Keep up the good work and pretty soon you'll be getting monthly payouts! Yay!

23. Bible Studies profile image62
    Bible Studiesposted 13 years ago

It has been slow for me, but my adsense has grown to average about $3 - $5 a month. I hope it keeps growing. Good luck to everyone making money with adsense.

24. Ellarose92 profile image58
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

Wow congrats I can't wait until I get some clicks:)

25. LyndaD profile image60
    LyndaDposted 13 years ago

Well done!!! I'm excited over 2 cents LOL!

26. manspaugh profile image60
    manspaughposted 13 years ago

That's so awesome! Can't wait til my day comes.

27. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Good job, I remember how good it felt to get that first penny.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)