Yes! The hottest hub!

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ananta65posted 15 years ago

I'm finally there smile Well, it's some kind of achievement and satisfaction. Top of the list of hot hubs
    With a hub I wrote with two fingers in my nose, go figure big_smile

2. Lazur profile image71
    Lazurposted 15 years ago

GRMBL;)

congratulations:D

3. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

lol ! Good job Lazur:)

4. profile image0

Thank you for your warm and supportive comments wink

5. terenceyap07 profile image61
    terenceyap07posted 15 years ago

Hey there Ananta65,

Nice going! I hope that the letter to your dad also makes its way up the Hot Hubs, too. Best wishes, my friend.

6. profile image0

Thank you very much, terenceyap07
    I assume not as this letter is personal. Other Hubbers don't get 'anything' (such as advice) out of it. I appreciate your thoughts.

1. terenceyap07 profile image61
      terenceyap07posted 15 years agoin reply to this

The contents of this letter is a truthful account written with a fairness that goes beyond nobleness. That is why I used the word "nobility" in my comments to it. Such control and consideration under such circumstances is rarely found these days.

I hope that everyone will have the good fortune of reading this letter because I believe that it will help all of us in reassessing ourselves and our relationships with those whom we love.

Some people teach with words, some others lead by example. This is one instance where both apply.

Once again I thank you for writing such a meaningful letter, my friend. I personally have benefitted from reading it and relating my own life experiences to it.

7. patnamohan profile image58
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

cong8s!!!

8. profile image0

Why thank you, terenceyap. I had no idea. It’s a letter (translated from Dutch) that I have really sent to my father. The entire situation has been eating me for a couple of weeks and I ‘just’ felt the urge to publish it here as a way to deal with it for myself. I wouldn’t have thought that somebody else could benefit from it, but I’m glad you did.

9. marisuewrites profile image58
    marisuewritesposted 15 years ago

congrats Ananta65 -- It's long deserved!!!  Keep writing!  I'm a fan!!

10. profile image0

Yeah sure, raise the pressure, that's just what I needed wink
    It's your turn to rule the hot list now big_smile

11. marisuewrites profile image58
    marisuewritesposted 15 years ago

I get on there, but am soon kicked off with all the other great hubs....the stinkers!  smile

12. profile image0

I know (now) how you feel wink

13. ripplemaker profile image79
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

Congratulations Ananta! smile I see you've changed your avatar!  lol  One of these days you may just have to explain why all the fascination with eyes. big_smile

14. profile image0

Thank you big_smile
    Maybe one of these day I might just do that in a hub, Ripplemaker wink

15. profile image0

And there you have it smile

16. ripplemaker profile image79

Wow, that was quick!  Indeed the eyes is the window of our soul.  big_smile  May I confess something?  In your first avatar, I actually shuddered the first time those eyes popped into my screen.  I was "scared." (still a child at heart) And then your heart came out through your words and the comments you left behind my hubs and fan mail.  Whew!  I felt relief.  lol

May I ask you some more?  Why do you choose these seemingly scary looking eyes?  I am extremely curious... May you share with me why?  Hehe (hope this is not intruding) smile

17. profile image0

I love confessions, Ripplemaker smile I’ve seen that reaction more often. And actually I liked that too, as it triggers people to look beyond the surface. Way too often we (me included) judge books by the cover.

Sure, ask all you like. Well, first of all, I think my eyes are among my most powerful characteristics, so I like to put some emphasis on them. Second, according to Chinese astrology I’m a snake. And third, I like to play with Photoshop. Fourth, I can be drawn to the more sinister side. I like suspense, Stephen King, mystery. Fifth, I’ve never been to keen on exposing myself completely on the internet. When I first registered for an online community, my personal situation didn’t allow for that and ever since I have grown to like a little mystery. All of the above combined has lead to me designing profile pictures and avatars like the ones you’ve seen smile

18. sixtyorso profile image71
    sixtyorsoposted 15 years ago

Hi Ananta great achievement.
    I thought I had achieved something Briefly when I just made it onto page 1 (very briefly and not as number 1) now rapidly falling (Page two this morning). All the great hubbers are leap frogging each other all the time.

19. profile image0

From what I've seen the position on that list is dynamic, very dynamic. Hubs 'wander' from page to page, but being among the hot hubs does lifft the number of page views, I can tell you that. And I attempt to read most hubs of the people I am a fan of, so I do my share in getting your hubs high on that list too, Sixtyorso smile

20. ripplemaker profile image79

Hi Ananta, thanks for the explanation.  Now I understand.  big_smile  The avatar that you have now is not as sinister as the first one. That one I truly shuddered.  Hahaha  As for your liking to play with photoshop, It would be interesting to know what kind of avatar you would design for me. I'm year of the pig, my best asset is my nose and I would like to be an angel.  An angel pig?  Yikes!  Hahhaha lol

21. profile image0

I might just give it a try some day, Ripple Maker

22. profile image0

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/Ananta65/RippleMaker.jpg

1. ripplemaker profile image79
      ripplemakerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh my golly! Woh!  You just knocked me off my feet!  lol  It is soooo cute....an angel pig hahahah  No, no more halo please.  You are right, that would be overdoing it!  I like it!  Very much!  Now this is something worth keeping.  Can I ask a favor?  Could you affix your signature and email me a copy?  (ripplemaker@ymail.com) Pretty please?  And could I post it in my ripplemaker blog?   Thank you. Thank you.big_smile

23. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

You forgot the halo!! smile hehe
    Good job on the graphic! smile

ProCW

24. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Great Photo Work Ananta big_smile

25. Pete Michner profile image69
    Pete Michnerposted 15 years ago

Yes, very nice photo manipulation. I bet you could write lots of great hubs on photoshop or gimp or whatever it is you're using smile

26. profile image0

Thank you, but I'm not that good. I know a few tricks, but only a few. As a matter of fact, I'm going to buy myself a good book on Photoshop, since 75% of the time, I'm unable to achieve what I have in mind.

Should I add a halo? Maybe, but I didn't want to overdo it wink

27. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

I like it just how it is... smile

If you were to add the halo, would it be added to the angelic ripplemaker, the angelic pig or both? smile

ProCW

28. profile image0

If I were to add it, the halo would be above ripple maker smile

29. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

Good choice! smile

30. terenceyap07 profile image61
    terenceyap07posted 15 years ago

You're at the top of the hottest hubs again, my friend.... *smiles*

31. profile image0

I think fame has lasted long enough, it's someone else's turn now smile

32. epictruth profile image61
    epictruthposted 15 years ago

Congrats. Still working on getting there myself. smile

33. profile image0

Keep writing! big_smile

34. profile image0

Yes, yes, yes, yes smile
    Yes, you can ask me a favor.
    Yes, I can affix a signature
    Yes, I can and wil email you a copy
    Yes, you can use it at your own will. Post it, change it, it is all yours smile

35. ripplemaker profile image79

No way I'm changing it. I'm taking it as it is...with your signature along with the nice gesture of taking the time to make this one.  Anyway, I will just email you the link once it is up.  Blogger nowadays isn't working very well.  big_smile  Oh and I was laughing heartily at ProCw's comment about the halo thingy.  big_smile  That is so sweet both of you. 

And so here I am sitting and grinning and suddenly this thought came rushing forth...Do Pigs Fly?  It's like Dumbo! lol

Hmmm so ripplemaker watched and she smiled secretly. 

For indeed if you look closely enough, they can.

Gasp.

Hahaha   

To eyes that see the endless possibilities...
    Have a beautiful day ahead of you!

36. profile image0

Well, there’s sealions, seacows, why can’t there be airpigs? wink
    I couldn’t help but think of the song “Pigs on the wing” by Pink Floyd.

You too, Ripplemaker. I’ll send you the e-mail later on

37. ripplemaker profile image79

Hehe you are right! 
    I will check on the mail tomorrow.
    Now, I am going to dreamland... big_smile
    Goodnight

38. profile image0

Sweet dreams!

39. ripplemaker profile image79

I've finished posting it.  And I borrowed your profile pics.  Anyhow, blogger is kinda slow in the publishing thing lately.  You may have to wait.  I'll just popped the link here and also for your approval big_smile) once it finally shows up.  Thanks. smile

40. ripplemaker profile image79
  41. profile image0

It's great, Ripplemaker, I feel flattered. I enjoyed creating the avatar. And now it’s getting more attention than I intended, which sort of make me shy. Thank you for your kind words.

42. Lazur profile image71
    Lazurposted 15 years ago

Top 3 isn't bad either:cool: What mens underwear can do:)

43. profile image0

Congratulations! big_smile

44. Lazur profile image71
    Lazurposted 15 years ago

I did it!:tongue No 1... Drinks are on me:Pbig_smile

45. topstuff profile image61
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Its wonderful.Indeed good for all of us.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)