Google First Page Success Stories Thread

Jump to Last Post 51-66 of 66 discussions (90 posts)
  1. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

So I made this request - and Ryan tells me I should talk about it-

Here is the hub that came from my request:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Tattooing-Tips- … ofessional

It's already the first result on page two for "tattooing tips"!

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Giving good requests is an AMAZING way to help your fellow Hubbers succeed.

Check this out - already ranked #11 out of 300,000+

http://hubpages.com/u/555075_f520.jpg

2. dishyum profile image59
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Inspiring stories smile

3. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Beneficial Snakes - on google first page for same keywords as seen in hub title smile

http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&am … &meta=

4. guidebaba profile image58
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

I have several of them on top and or first page of Google and Yahoo. I rank higher on Yahoo than on Google. Wonder Why?

http://z.hubpages.com/u/721641_f520.jpg

This hub was on TOP on Google for the term "Most Searched Women". This was never going to be easy because most men do that.

It still rules on yahoo. Beats even MSN. Top out of 40000000.

I wonder what is the criteria of Google.

Maybe xomba.com had to do something with it. 90% of the high ranking hubs are stolen and published on xomba. He is definitely around here somewhere.

5. guidebaba profile image58
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

Topped within 5 Minutes of Publishing this hub: How to remove Trojan Vundo Virus from infected computers

6. anne.moss profile image61
    anne.mossposted 15 years ago

It's really not that difficult to make it to #1 if you go for a term that's obscure enough, or if you search for an exact hub title (assuming it's not a popular search term in its own right).

I think most of my hubs are at #1 if you search for the exact title. It's why I sometimes do some keyword research before coming up with a title. If I see something viable, I go for it.

7. Christoph Reilly profile image69
    Christoph Reillyposted 15 years ago

http://hubpages.com/u/729684_f520.jpg

My hub on redheads is #1 on Google for searching "redhead legends" out of 1,550,000.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Redheads-Myths- … s-Red-Hair

It's also # 1 for "redhead myths and legends,"  but only # 7 for "redhead myths."  cool

8. shashigai profile image60
    shashigaiposted 15 years ago

i find this thread very interesting because although i come out on the first page in several of my hubs, i am not getting a lot of traffic.
    i picked some hubs at random and searched google on 1/2/2009. i only posted the ones that came up on page one. i searched for about ten of my hubs.

my hub asperger's online comes up on the first page if you search asperger's online. it is number 8 so i couldn't do a good screenshot. i think it is odd because asperger's online ought to be a common tag or something.

does it count that navigating hubpages comes up number one if you search under navigating hubpages? i don't think anyone would search under that.

how to avoid a holiday crisis comes up number 6 if you search under holiday crisis. this changed during the holidays for some reason - back then it was #31.

holiday video classics only comes up if you put quotes around it - but then it comes up number two. that means i should stop using it to learn hub editing techniques and improve it before next year!

i don't understand at all how this works. if i come up so high on google, how come i am not getting more traffic?
    sigh. newbie blues.
    when i have time i am going to see how i come out on the other search engines because the page that tells where your traffic comes from says i am getting the most from yahoo.

9. needful things profile image65
    needful thingsposted 15 years ago

Completely unexpected... but in just under 24 hours I was number one on google for my targeted keyword.

Check it in Google

That was just fast..way too fast... THANKS HUBPAGES!!!

10. ilovehubbing profile image59
    ilovehubbingposted 15 years ago

I think it helps that you have some good hubs and a great hub score! smile

11. shashigai profile image60

Woo!
    Asperger's Online has made it to number 4 on google, and it's not even a unique title! I am #8 on Yahoo.
    sad I can't find my hub Change Your Luck anywhere on google. And I thought it was so unique because I didn't find a hub on it.
    Holiday Crisis is again eclipsed on both Google and Yahoo

I still don't get it, but I love it! Number FOUR!
    navigating hubpages is still number one tongue

12. shashigai profile image60

Woo! (again) My Crisis Intervention Hub made it to page 1 - it's number 10, but before I couldn't find it.
    http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8352/page1ih3.jpg

Asperger's ABCs is number one! Check it out on Google!

lol, even with all this exposure i have made $0.

13. ajcor profile image60
    ajcorposted 15 years ago

Hi there, my hub is hubpages.com/hub/Australia-The-Bombing-of-Darwin--a-Family-Story

Results 1 - 10 of about 133,000 for australia bombing of darwin a family story. (0.27 seconds)

Search Results"Australia" The Bombing of Darwin & a Family Story Note: Baz Luhrman's movie “Australia” is due to be released in Australia next week. So I thought I would tell this particular family story before its' ...
    hubpages.com/hub/Australia-The-Bombing-of-Darwin--a-Family-Story - 44k - Cached - Similar pages
    cheers

and another  - even better - both  and 2 on google search for

Results 1 - 10 of about 109,000 for 2009 ditch the appliances. (0.21 seconds)

Search ResultsHubMob Weekly Topic: One Way to improve my life in 2009. Ditch The ... Ditch The Old Appliances. 54. rate or flag this page. By ajcor. Okay to some this may be seen as a bit of a rant but in my view to improve my life in 2009, ...
    hubpages.com/hub/HubMob-Weekly-Topic-One-Way-to-improve-my-life-in-2009-Ditch-The-Old-Appliances - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

Appliances - Hot Hubs HubMob Weekly Topic: One Way to improve my life in 2009. Ditch The Old Appliances. by ajcor. Okay to some this may be seen as a bit of a rant but in my view ...
    hubpages.com/tag/appliances/hot - 20k - Cached - Similar pages
    More results from hubpages.com »

14. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

My hub http://hubpages.com/_HubLink/hub/Is-Cal … g-Bankrupt is on page 1 Google at number 6 for the keywords Is California Going Bankrupt?
    I have a bunch of other hubs on page 1 but don't have time to post them all right now. The most memorable one that took off was on the 700 Billion Dollar Bailout Bill. That one got picked up by Google News and was first link on the first page of Google for several days. That was truly exciting!!!!

15. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

My hubmob ...by title is top of the list ..same with my sponge article, lol .. few others came up 3, 5 and 6. tongue lol ... we just good, group hug now! big_smile

16. illminatus profile image67
    illminatusposted 15 years ago

If you do a google search for "match.com guide" My hub appears 8th or so...

hubpages.com/hub/Matchcom-a-simple-guys-guide-to-success

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)