How long to 100,000 views

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (26 posts)
  1. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 13 years ago

I have been writing on HubPages for over two years, and I have yet to reach 100,000 views.  I'm finally close, but what a long ride to get here. I hope to see that mark in a few weeks. So how long did it take you to get to 100,000 views? Just asking. big_smile

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It took me about a year.  Might have been a few months earlier, but the Panda update put a major crimp in traffic.

It's a big milestone - I know you're looking forward to it.

2. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

still trying to get there myself...good luck

3. Cogerson profile image77
      Cogersonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After 7 months I am right at 47,000 hits....so I guess it is going to take me 15 to 16 months to reach 100,000.

4. HouseSeller profile image61
      HouseSellerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well I've only just joined so if I had a 100,000 views right now, that would be a jackpot!

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I am not sure when I passed 100,000 views, but I certainly hope you do shortly. smile

Congrats for when you do arrive at 100,000 views. smile

I'll also agree with Wilderness, Panda did crimp traffic, that's for sure. lol Otherwise, I would have already passed my next milestone. lol

3. emievil profile image64
    emievilposted 13 years ago

I think I got it after a year. Hope you'll reach your 100,000 views soon. Good luck!

4. R.S. Hutchinson profile image72
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 13 years ago

It only took me one view after 99,000. So pretty quick.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey R.S.,

Are you talking about another account and not the one you're using for posting to the forums?

The account you're using for posting to the forums has not reached 100,000 views as of yet. The accolade isn't on your profile. The accolade that is on your profile says that your hubs have been view 1,000 times?

So, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Please clarify?

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image72
        R.S. Hutchinsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was being faceitous... not really expecting anyone to take me serious about having reached 100k views and only active for two months.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see. Okay. No problem. lol

5. rmcrayne profile image96
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

Hello  Freta, great to hear from you.  Headed over to read your update hub next. 

I hit 100,000 views at about 3 wks short of one year, with 198 hubs.  I hit 200,000 about 4 months later, and 300,000 another 3 months after that.  A LOT of things have happened since then (Mar 2011)- Google drama, subdomain shift, separation of HubMob roundups, return of Google traffic.  I should make 400,000 views today.

1. wymyczak66 profile image87
      wymyczak66posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow! congrats!

2. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

rmcrayne, so nice to see you.. I miss HubMob, you and Princessa.  Wow! Those stats are super.  Congrats for reaching 400,000 views today.

1. rmcrayne profile image96
        rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Rosie.  I miss it too, but just don't have much time right now.  My day jobs are getting in the way of my hubbing!

6. wymyczak66 profile image87
    wymyczak66posted 13 years ago

yeah..I think I need to go write more hubs lol

Congrats to all of you!

7. fastfreta profile image75

WOW! Looking back at those of you who reached 100,000 views early, tells me that I've been writing the wrong type of hubs. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, and don't burst my bubble, and tell me it's my writing. lol lol lol

1. rmcrayne profile image96
      rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your writing is very engaging.  I think a big part is how you title, tag, and summarize your hubs.  You have to think about people sitting in front of their computer typing into the Google search bar.  What are they looking for?  Titles need to be simple and straight forward.  The magazine article-type titles work for print magazines in drawing attention, but you need something more obvious for hubs.  I think many of your recipes, home remedy tips, etc could potentially draw good traffic.

8. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Congratulations, fastfreta!  Awesome!  Here' to your reaching 100,000 views... HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

9. fastfreta profile image75

Congrats, rmcrayne, you're super, when I grow up I want to be just like you! smile smilesmile

10. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Congrats Fastfreta smile

Just write more hubs to speed up the process.

Here's my stats:

1st hub, 21st October, 2009

10,000 - 29th March, 2010   87 hubs
    20,000 - 12th May, 2010     114 hubs
    50,000 - 2nd August, 2010   180 hubs
    100,000 - 8th October, 2010  240 hubs
    500,000 - 25th June, 2011    477 hubs

11. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

A few weeks ago I thought I would have passed 500,000 views by now, but the plunge has delayed this milestone for a while.  I think it was around a year before I reached 100,000 but not sure.  smile

12. Sally's Trove profile image80
    Sally's Troveposted 13 years ago

I don't remember when I hit that 100,000 mark, but it was probably only a year ago or so (I've been here for three years). I hit the 200,000 right around the February Panda. At that progress, I should reach 300,000 in a few months, or a few years...who knows? A million looks very far away to me!

Just keep learning and doing, fastfreta,  and publishing your awesome Hubs.

13. fastfreta profile image75

Thanks Sally and everyone else for the encouragement. When I see someone that's been here the same time as I have, and even some that has not been here as long with 100,000 or more I get discouraged. So again thanks all for the encouragement.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Once you hit 100,000 for the first time, which is a great achievement, the next 100,000 will come quicker smile

14. fastfreta profile image75

Okay now IzzyM, I'm going to take your word for it, after all look where you are. WOW! Thanks, for the encouragement.  big_smile big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)