Top Earners On Hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Fitter profile image60
    Fitterposted 15 years ago

I think it would be great to make some kind of TOP 10 earners list on Hubpages.
    Make this list refresh once a day, and make an option "show in top" for each account.
    Also, make an option to show a nickname(not real profile name) or "anonymous".

This step will be great(in my opinion, of course) because:
    - it motivates you to work harder
    - you can see how much more you can make with Hubpages
    - new Hubbers get immediatly proof that they can earn real money here
    - this will probably encourage more people to sign up and start making great hubs
    - the more good Hubs being promoted - the better trust from Google we all have

Hubbers, what dou you think?

1. rockinjoe profile image89
      rockinjoeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think you work for the IRS

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It makes me leery also.

2. compu-smart profile image88
        compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol i don't like this idea....

Curiosity killed the cat big_smile

2. ASHWINSPGA profile image58
      ASHWINSPGAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What about the cons?
      In this complex internet not all will get motivated. A good percentage will have the green eyes which can lead to alot of negative reactions like silently bycotting top earning hubbers hubs, petty flagging etc
      When we are new its a known fact it takes time to establish oneself. Patiently building your hubs and once in a while read a success story in the forums can motivate someone but seeing the earnings of top hubbers everyday and get constantly reminded of the difference make even the most patient and optimistic lose hope.
      I think its a bad idea and would prefer to keep my Hubpages earning within analatyics

1. Fitter profile image60
        Fitterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's why we need an ability to be anonymous. If you can choose a separate nickname without any connection between your real hubs, it's totally safe.

You see, I used to manage few affiliate programs with 3000+ partners, and TOP10 always perform well.

1. rockinjoe profile image89
          rockinjoeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you posted anonymously about your earnings, you could be making up your figures. I don't see the point.

3. Trsmd profile image56
      Trsmdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So that people can ask them to send some share of income to others..

OR

some can get advice about how is it possible?

2. Fitter profile image60
    Fitterposted 15 years ago

Nope )

Using TOP10 is a usual practice for affiliate programs to stimulate their members. Hubpages is a kind of affiliate or revenue share program too.

IRS do their job when you recieve a check )

3. Ashley Tyler profile image67
    Ashley Tylerposted 15 years ago

I think it is a good idea. I always wonder what others are making here and where my earnings are compared to them. I also think it would encourage others to write better hubs more often.

4. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 15 years ago

I think it is commom -vulgar- talking about how much you or any other person earns.  I hate when people ask that question.  If   anything, it only encourages jealousy.

5. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Where it may motivate some people, it would probably make others hopeful and after a month of making maybe $10 get frustrated and leave because they're not making what the top 10 are making.

If you want to display the top 10 earners, why would you then decide to make it anonymous? What would be the point in that? I can sit here right now and type up 10 random names and 10 random numbers and say that's what the top 10 earners are making, and in a way that would do the same thing as to what you're proposing... I dunno...

I wouldn't like the idea... I think if the real s/n are used, that it would encourage people to copy their content and repost it somewhere because of the sentiment "well, what he's writing must be top dollar, so I'll use it and make what he's making."

6. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

No.  No top 10's.  All a top 10 list does is divert more traffic and attention to people who've learned how to tweak for top dollar, while pushing the gems and awesome finds that may not make any money at all on Hubpages to the bottom shelf.

NO.

7. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

Abolutely not! It's no one's business.

8. Prince Maak profile image59
    Prince Maakposted 15 years ago

This isn`t a good idea at all to disclose the earnings of hubbers, It is better to keep one`s earnings confidential. What if only a handful are able to make good and the rest not. This idea may affect the hubbers who produce good quality hubs and doesn`t make much.

Think about it.

Pr. M.A.A.K

9. coolprince profile image58
    coolprinceposted 15 years ago

no. thanks. (not that you'd see my name up there).

10. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 15 years ago

Don't like it - some of us are here to write, rather than just make money (although most of us do have adsense!). This will cause a dilution of quality, like the article and ezine sites, where poorly written but keyword rich articles monopolize the rankings.

11. Benson Yeung profile image66
    Benson Yeungposted 15 years ago

Oh, no. This might turn into the top 100 and top 1000 earners in time. How embarassing should that happen and I'm still not on the list.

12. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

Well according to this ad for Topical Writers on Hubpages,

Quote: "How much money can I make writing on HubPages? Obviously this is a very common question that we get a lot and the best way to answer it is that it depends upon the quality of content that you write and it also depends upon whether or not you stick with it for longer than a week. We have a few authors making over $2,000/month, but we have literally hundreds of writers making anywhere from $25-$100/month - it all just depends what you can dedicate to it." http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/wri/954068263.html

So with the range being $100 dollars a month to $2,000 dollars a month, this should keep you motivated.

13. mdvaldosta profile image61
    mdvaldostaposted 15 years ago

Since HubPages rotates your own affiliate / earning codes - they have no way of knowing exactly what you earn (only what they earn from your hubs). Traffic.. sure they could track that - but not precise earnings unless they took the full 100% cut and sent you your payment on their word (like Squidoo)... but I'd rather keep things the way they are.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)