YET ANOTHER EYE OPENER

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (121 posts)
  1. usmanali81 profile image60
    usmanali81posted 15 years ago

An atheist professor of philosophy speaks to his class on the problem evolutionist has with God The Almighty.

He asks one of his new students to stand and.....

Prof: So you believe in God?

Student: Absolutely, sir.

Prof: Is God good?

Student: Sure.

Prof: Is God all-powerful?

Student: Yes.

Prof: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to God to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But God didn't.How is this God good then? Hmm?

Student is silent.)

Prof: You can't answer, can you? Let's start again, young fella. Is God good?

Prof: Is Satan good?

Student: No.

Prof: Where does Satan come from?

Student: From...God...

Prof: That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Prof: Evil is everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything. Correct?

Prof: So who created evil?
    (Student does not answer.)

Prof: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don't they?

Student: Yes, sir.

Prof: So, who created them?

(Student has no answer.)

Prof: Science says you have 5 senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son...Have you ever seen God?

Student: No, sir.

Prof: Tell us if you have ever heard your God?

Student: No, sir.

Prof: Have you ever felt your God, tasted your God, smelt your God? Have you ever had any sensory perception of God for that matter?

Student: No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Prof: Yet you still believe in Him?

Prof: According to empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your GOD doesn't exist.

What do you say to that, son?

Student: Nothing. I only have my faith.

Prof: Yes. Faith. And that is the problem evolutionists have.

Student: Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Prof: Yes.

Student: And is there such a thing as cold?

Prof: Yes.

Student: No sir. There isn't.

(The lecture theatre becomes very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student: Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little=2 0heat or no heat. But we don't have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold . Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat .. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy . Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it .

(There is pin-drop silence in the lecture theatre.)

Student: What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Prof: Yes. What is night if there isn't darkness?

Student: You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light....But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? In reality, darkness isn't. If it were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?

Prof: So what is the point you are making, young man?

Student: Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Prof: Flawed? Can you explain how?

Student:  Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it .. Now tell me, Professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Prof: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student: Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shakes his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument is going.)

Student: Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher? (The class is in uproar.)

Student: Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain?

(The class breaks out into laughter.)

Student: Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so.. So, according to the established rules of em pirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room is silent.. The professor stares at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Prof: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.

Student: That is it sir... The link between man & God is FAITH. That is all that keeps things moving & alive.

1. Capable Woman profile image61
      Capable Womanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This one's been around the web for a bit but I still kinda like it...hackneyed though it is. Very Carlos Castaneda-like in the concept of absence of something.

Castaneda talked about the silence in between the moments when the crickets were rubbing their legs together out in the dessert and how revelations came to him in those micro-moments...of course he was high as a kite on peyote.

I play drums and I always think about this. The space IN BETWEEN the beats is what creates the rhythm, not the actual hitting of the drums.

Digression complete. Thank you for your attention. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/ksgardnr/pics/ede6f943.gif

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Amazing !
      Logic ,Science, Faith all rolled into one.

usmanali81posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, my dear, you got it

3. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I heard that this was a true story between Einstein and his professor.  Maybe, an urban tale... I will check it out... I just checked it out.  It was not Einstein, sorry folks... please return to your regularly scheduled program...lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

LOLOLOL

Thanks you for once again proving your religion is false. lol

I appreciate it. I realize you are getting desperate, but copying and pasting this stuff without accreditation (seeing as it has been dumped on these forums about 100 times by other religionists) is just proving that you are a thief with nothing worth saying.

Dear oh deary me. lol lol

No Islam for us educated people I am afraid. Thank you very much for showing us how desperate you are.

Hey Mark,

Nice head, LOL, did your forefathers (monkeys) had the same nice cut??? lol lol lol

2. janni321 profile image59
      janni321posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to say but I think the desperation is coming from your side Mark.
      You have no right to say somebody thief.As your picture shows you are a human now not monkey, don't behave like monkeys show some respect to people of your opposite school of thought.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yet another one huh?

This person has been stealing other people's words to make his irrational arguments for some time now.

That is stealing.

Which is against his god's law.

1. Eric Graudins profile image58
          Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I've found that religious laws are applied very selectively, and generally when justification is needed for some action.

He doesn't see his actions as stealing - hence God's laws don't apply.

1. Shil1978 profile image87
            Shil1978posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Of course, he's been doing that all the time - stealing that is!! He can't answer any questions from his own understanding. He has to cut-n-paste stuff = stealing!!!

2. usmanali81 profile image60

Hey Mark,

what about when you rape and steal innocence of juveniles in USA ???

How do you feel when you steal their virginity ???

What do you have to say about the young boys who are raped in Afghanistan by muslim men - I am sure you've heard about that. What do you have to say about the thousands of domestic helps who are raped in the Gulf states by their Arab masters?

3. janni321 profile image59

I think this thing is called quoting not stealing in civilized world.
          Nobody is begging you to follow his thoughts and nor I. Everybody is free in this world to express his thoughts and beliefs & more free on internet.

3. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

YET ANOTHER CAN OPENER

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Can_Opener.jpg

1. Misha profile image65
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL I came her with the idea to post something like this. You beat me to it smile

LOL .. you people probably use it to open your minds lol

1. Paraglider profile image88
          Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Usman - the point is not just that the original post is not original. It is also patently obviously scripted and by someone somewhat below Readers' Digest level of erudition.

But, has usman ever posted anything original? He raves and rants about Freemasons and Zionists and monkeys and what have you. He copies-n-pastes from all over the place with just the sole objective of propagating his rigid, fixed views - its funny!!

1. earnestshub profile image79
              earnestshubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

His views are pretty comical at times, he is  fixed from every position.

Yes, he has an incredibly closed mind. His is like the frog-in-the-well situation!! His holier-than-thou attitude comes across all the time. He likes to sit in judgment of others, rarely does he self-reflect!! He is one of a kind indeed!!!

1. Paraglider profile image88
                  Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. But I had a little time on my hands smile

I dont like to be out of well and rape you again and again by getting release from American jails after 2, 4 or 8 years.

That statement defies any logic. To put it quite simply, its rubbish!! Rapes do occur in Muslim countries - the difference of course is that they don't get reported. After all, the woman is more likely to be branded an adulterer and be whipped or stoned to death!!! So - why would women report rapes in Muslim countries.

4. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 15 years ago

Just thought to tell you Usman that you should have also mentioned who this student is. This student was the former president of India and the the country's top brain behind her development in the area of missile and rocket technology, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. This mail was circulated all over India when he became the president.

I too am an atheist but I respect this man for his contribution in making India's defence strong like never before.

Because you gave this example to prove some of your points (to which I do not agree at all) I thought it is important for people to know whom you are using for your examples

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL

It has also been several ex-presidents of the US, a, ex-PM of the UK, Albert Einstein and numerous others. lol

Religionist garbage that serves no purpose other than to demonstrate the lengths they will go to to justify their irrational beliefs.

Put off your glasses and open your eyes. how much you get paid from Freemasons ???

ROFL lol lol
          (Laughing AT you - not WITH you)

lol lol i know laughing is prescribed to some nuts like you. lol ofcourse i am not with you

Any proof ???

1. packerpack profile image60
        packerpackposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Proof ?? Proof of what??? That these things happened with Dr. Kalam?? For that I have to talk to him and to do that I have to get an appointment from him months beforehand...... sorry can't take so much of pain just to PROVE a simple point to you!

The proof that the above mentioned conversation was between your Dr. and the Professor

1. packerpack profile image60
            packerpackposted 15 years agoin reply to this

He is not my doctor! And as I mentioned it already that I am not gonna take the pain to explain you especially seeing your track record here on forum. I have lot better work to do then convince you!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Why do the religious arguments keep spilling over into other forums?

2 Reasons.
      Because they are so full of crap that no one forum can contain it all.
      And the OP was expanding his quest for Freemasons into the Education forums. lol

Yes, he is in overdrive mode. He is so much in love with them smile

2. Jewels profile image81
      Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Pandemics are hard to contain. They've yet to find a vaccine.

6. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

This third rate crud has been around since christ was a pup! Any ten year old knows that cold is a lack of heat!

You mean Columbus got mad at the Indians for telling this one?

You mean this has been around since Ike carried his own clubs?

Are you saying this is older than God's prom date?

sorry...going to bed now. G'night all.

You are far too humerous to just up and go to bed! You crack me up!

But the atheist professor did not

Rubbish! You cannot pass in to high school without that knowledge. It is taught in primary school!

1. janni321 profile image59

LoL.
          Why are you  sticking to your foolish remarks. These are just names the people used to describe temperature, what if you say cold to heat and heat to cold.
          Man you are so childish. Please grow up

Actually it is the basis of the "scientific" proof oferred in this childish over used tripe.

That's the reason you never attended a primary school yet .. LOL

7. apeksha profile image67
    apekshaposted 15 years ago

I can say for this...God plays with us like puppeteer.

Nop

Is there a concept of destiny in Islam? Do you determine your own actions or is it determined for you by Allah?

PEACE can only be acquired by submitting your will to Almighty God-ALLAH

1. apeksha profile image67
            apekshaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am Hindu..religions doesn't matter ..but as God many bad things...with me...I have never did any bad thing with anybody in my life and I am very kind person then also why god punished me..and for what?
            do u all have answer Shil1978,usmanali81

2. Shil1978 profile image87

No - peace can only be achieved by stopping the brainwashing of millions of young kids in the madrassas or Islamic religious schools. Also, peace can only be achieved when you have tolerance for all other religions and don't believe that your religion calls for the extermination of all other religions!!!

we already dont believe that rubbish which you just imposed. That's the reason Iran has got 6000 resident jews who denied the residency offer of Israel. Rather we are very hospitable. We welcomed the kicked out jews in Palestine in 1946.

Irrelevant. You didn't not address the question of madrassas and the criminality of their teachings. How moral is it to teach young kids the virtues of martyrdom (as in sucide bombings, etc).

These are not madrassa students. These are mercenaries bought by Freemasons to create political unrest in the territory.

Yeah sure - what can one expect you to say. So, the Taliban have been bought, the Saudis have been bought, who else?

2. earnestshub profile image79

So where do you stand in the Iranian conflict, with the "Death to America, wipe Israel off the map" incumbent?

If Israel claim to be democratic then it must return the land to Palestinians and stay there as guests (as in 1946)

8. Shil1978 profile image87
    Shil1978posted 15 years ago

Seriously, what is this business about the 72 virgins?? I am curious to know, as to why this was mentioned in the Quran??

can you give me reference ???

9. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

YET ANOTHER EYE OPENER
    http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6932/eyeopener7xe.jpg

Great...now I'm hungry.

1. Misha profile image65
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you were a man, I would offer you this one http://www.poleexercise.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/themes/poleexercise/images/moves/eye-opener.jpg wink

10. dishyum profile image59
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Usman is a troll, isn't he?!

11. gamergirl profile image88
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

*sighs, shaking her head and going back to work*

12. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

You break out this old lemon again? Is that all you have?Are you hoping no one reads back through the posts?

13. Sufidreamer profile image81
    Sufidreamerposted 15 years ago

Thanks Jon - I try to be polite, as long as I have not had too much Ouzo wink

Pretty much the same story as Paraglider - Greeks debate about almost everything. However, religion is somewhat of a taboo subject and is rarely discussed. If it is, the debate is always in broad philosophical terms, rather than scriptural. If somebody tries to ram scripture down a Greek man's throat, they will be philosophically  dissected smile

We had a very pleasant Jehovah's Witness couple visit a couple of weeks back, and we had a very nice theological discussion, from a perspective of mutual respect and non-judgment. A very constructive exercise. smile

14. JonTutor profile image60
    JonTutorposted 15 years ago

@Paraglider  You have been everywhere.... from scotland to middle east..... I concur this guy is a fundamentalist.... very similar to the Talibans.... there regressive ideology isn't what Islam was meant to be.. you're right he is doing a lousy job of spreading Islam....my high school friends dad was such a wonderful person..... Afghan hospitality is unparalleled.... haven't met any Saudi... thanks for letting us know more about them.

@Sufidreamer You Greeks are way ahead.... the world owes a lot to the Greeks... western philosophy, literature, art, culture.

Don't get me started on JW's.... you must have a lot of patience to deal with those folks.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Seems to me the "debates" that lead to "rude" comments come from the lack of acceptance for anothers personal view.  To say to another you must believe like me or your wrong just makes liars out of people.

Yet for the most part on the internet there is a huge clash between Fundamental Islam and Christianity vs. everyone else and themselves too.

It's just another penny in the well for reasons I don't want to be apart of them.  Don't get me wrong though there are many treasures that can be found in all those books.

They might be able to find the 'hidden' treasures of new books too if they could stop for a second and take in more than just one or two books.

1. JonTutor profile image60
        JonTutorposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Both Christianity and Islam have become like an exclusive club.... only for the so called believers of there particular brand... Have you met Buddhists/Hindus?... there beliefs are far more tolerant of other beliefs.

any example or proof ???

Basic belief.. Christianity and Islam believe in only one life...

"No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6 )... even you moslems are excluded in this club...

"La ilah illa Allah; Muhammad Rasul Allah"  http://wahiduddin.net/words/tahlil.htm
            Now moslems state only God "Allah" and Muhammad is the last prophet... and the followers of other beliefs are ineligible for the mercy of Allah.

Now Buddhist/Hindu folks feel there have always been Masters in the past, present and future... depending on time, place and circumstances... no exclusive "Master" for all times.

No special preference for Buddhist or Hindu folks for enlightenment or heaven .... Karma/Reincarnation... these laws equally applicable for believers/non believers... more ever more than one life time alloted to learn the lessons... IMO closer to truth from my personal experiences.

1) Hindus believe on several lives. They believe the disabled persons are the ones who had done sins in the previous life. Therefore they start treating disabled as inferiors and this cycle goes on and on until the person is converted to an animal(monkey etc) due to his sins in previous life. This ideology degraged the disabled persons under normal circumstances. Normal people look down upon disabled according to this ideology.

2) Hindus believe on incarnation. Imagine a scientist becoming a television itself lol. This ideoligy is totally ridiculous and illogical. When the scientist(creator) created television, he does not need to become a TV itself rather he wrote the instruction manual to guide users how to use it. Similarly if some fault comes in it. The scientist does not say ok now i am going to be a television in order to sort out the problem. Similarly God does not need to become the creation itself. All the things are created by the ultimate creator (God). He issued the last and final instruction manual in the form of Qur'an to lead our lives peacefully.

3) Hindus believe on the caste system which ultimatly degrades one type of people as compared to the upper level.

You're again demonstrating your fanaticism..... I don't know whether I should laugh or pity your ignorance... Dude stop copy pasting same thing again and again.... Your analogy of "scientist becoming a television itself"  is waaaaaaaay beyond stupid.... you guys find  nothing wrong with your brand of religion and find everything wrong about other brands.... you ostrich head.... get your head outta sand.... wake up and smell the coffee.

15. JonTutor profile image60
    JonTutorposted 15 years ago

@Earnestshub Same here.... these folks don't care  for others.... when they're rude to others... then we don't have to be nice to them.

16. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 15 years ago

This argument, between student and professor, sounds amazingly similar to about 400 threads we have floating around here.  Peace to all atheists and to all believers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)