jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Do you think the Holy Grail exist and what do you think it is?

1. Dave Harris profile image75
    Dave Harrisposted 7 years ago

Do you think the Holy Grail exist and what do you think it is?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4233791_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

The cup of the Last Supper, the cup that held the sponge and vinegar, the womb of Mary Magdalene, sang real, the magic cauldron of wisdom in Celtic myths and legends, the chalice searched for by Arthur et al,  the Carpenter's cup in Indiana Jones, it is all of these things:
    the idea of wisdom and perfection.

3. kiragirl04 profile image57
    kiragirl04posted 7 years ago

No not really. If it did turn up in europe or somewhere then i will beleive.

4. profile image60
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

It is an extremely ancient vessel that was used for performing spiritual rites such as baptisms. As a result it has residue of wine coating the inside. It has great spiritual significance. Whether it has supernatural powers is unknown. Now hidden, the Holy Grail will surface sometime in the future when God permits. When its location is revealed, this will be another sign by God that the End Times are very near.

5. JasonPT profile image57
    JasonPTposted 7 years ago

It's Telomerase.   Scientists were just able to reverse aging in mice.

6. profile image0
    bindictiveposted 7 years ago

I don't think the Holy Grail is a physical thing. I think it's the meaning of life. That's why it's so mythical and hard to find.

7. CarolineChicago profile image82
    CarolineChicagoposted 7 years ago

I think the Holy Grail existed as the cup that Jesus used during the Last Supper. But whether anyone had the sense to save it--or whether serving girls washed it out and it got lost--is a mystery. It's not like anyone but Jesus knew it was the last supper. My guess is is that it has been lost to history, unless a foreseeing disciple grabbed it.

8. internett1t3 profile image55
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

The Holy Grail is a sacred object figuring in literature and certain Christian traditions, most often identified with the dish, plate, or cup used by Jesus at the Last Supper and said to possess miraculous powers. The connection of Joseph of Arimathea with the Grail legend dates from Robert de Boron's Joseph d'Arimathie (late 12th century) in which Joseph receives the Grail from an apparition of Jesus and sends it with his followers to Great Britain; building upon this theme, later writers recounted how Joseph used the Grail to catch Christ's blood while interring him and that in Britain he founded a line of guardians to keep it safe. The quest for the Holy Grail makes up an important segment of the Arthurian cycle, appearing first in works by Chrétien de Troyes. The legend may combine Christian lore with a Celtic myth of a cauldron endowed with special powers.

9. vivaedmund profile image58
    vivaedmundposted 7 years ago

I don't think so, but I believe so (In my humble opinion, it is as a matter of belief).

10. profile image0
    Kstroud33posted 7 years ago

According to a documentary I watched on the History Channel back in 2008, the Holy Grail was actually found somewhere in England.

11. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 7 years ago

The Holy Grail today is green energy.

It's the one thing that will best protect and nourish human community and well-being, and allow us to be the stewards of Creation that we were asked to be--and that we are so conspicuously failing to be.

12. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I do not see the Holy Grail as a physical thing even though it might have been represented symbolically as such. The Last Supper, the sharing of wine, Christ bringing his followers close by. I see the Grail as a Covenant between The Lord and all of mankind. The basis for our belief that Jesus Christ is the one and ony Son of God, that he died on the cross for our salvation; that he rose from the dead; and that one day he will again walk among those who inhabit the earth.  We can search the world over for an object but there is not one that fills the bill as well as that promise.  WB

13. MoneyCreator24 profile image58
    MoneyCreator24posted 7 years ago

It is difficult to say whether there was or is the Grail. But certainly the myth has an origin. Certainly, this source is different than the ones we imagine.

working