jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should students be educated on how to react to bullies?

1. AnnaCia profile image82
    AnnaCiaposted 6 years ago

Should students be educated on how to react to bullies?

2. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

I believe that the principal, counselors, and teachers, as well as coaches in a school system all have a very important role in educating kids about bullying. I think that the issue should be addressed in weekly school student, teacher and principal meetings and this should be openly discussed. I think that teachers should instruct their class members about how to report bullying and what not to do, as well. Parent-teachers group meetings are important and should include this subject as well and go over responsibilities of parents, teachers, and other school personnel in addressing bullying in every school.

3. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I think students should be educated but also teachers and parents as well.  It's not uncommon for a student to be going through a time of bullying and neither teachers or parents are knowledgeable in the proper approach or tactics to use in order to support the student being bullied.

4. rLcasaLme profile image74
    rLcasaLmeposted 6 years ago

Sure, they have to be. But, If you're only going to focus on countering it, then it's like saying, "it's normal to have bullies as long as you know how to defend yourself."
    I would encourage focusing on both the bullied and the bully. Bullying should not be encouraged in school, and the bully should get expelled. At the same time, teaching students how to defend themselves is really beneficial as well.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 years ago

Why is bullying happening more often? Why is perceived and actual bullying on the rise? read more