jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

If you could travel back in time and talk to yourself when you were eighteen yea

1. pmorries profile image76
    pmorriesposted 5 years ago

If you could travel back in time and talk to yourself when you were eighteen years old:

Would you like yourself? What would you tell yourself? If you are now over 40 years old, what would you tell yourself?

2. Michelle Taylor profile image78
    Michelle Taylorposted 5 years ago

Even though it was only 10 years ago I would tell my younger self to start saving money right away, assure her that life does get better after high school and for the love of god put down the chocolate bar!

pmorriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Michelle, It is very hard to put down that chocolate bar (now I want one),and,sometimes, life makes it hard to save money; however, there are great Hubs on how to save money. I would never recomend a Hub that tells one give up chocolate(even a diet).

3. tom hellert profile image61
    tom hellertposted 5 years ago

This one is easy- id say alot-
    1.  dront go out with ...this girl that girl that girl that girl dont break up with that girl this girl etc...btw this girl likes you so does this one
    2. Get your heart checked out for a weak spot in your Aorta...and i'd tell them /mewhere to look for the weakness.
    3.Id give me some Superbowl winners n scores.
    4. Id tell me to start playin poker...
    5.Get some Mobil oil stock 9before it was Exxonmobil) microsoft stock- buy some gold
    6.  i say to meas for advice- everyting you know now Tom... does not matter-you know Nothing get used to it...

4. jeshon profile image70
    jeshonposted 5 years ago

I would have told myself to slow down and to be proud. To break up with my boyfriend and to go my own way...But life is a way of learning and living. I would not be where I am if I would hav known everything beforehand.

I would probably not have told my self anything..

I like your answer because I can actually see, by your writing style, your thought process. So, I am going to ask you another question-would your past self like what you have become?

5. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

I would have to go back a little farther than 18 years old, does that count :-)?

1.  Watch who you hang around -- if someone tries to pressure you to do something you know is not right, don't cave in just to fit in. i.e. smoking cigarettes and other stuff, and the alcohol.

2.  Stay diligent with your homework and studies -- think about what career you want and which colleges to go to.  Plan your future more carefully.

3.  Save your money and don't spend it on junk.  Save it for a car and tuition.

4.  Have confidence in yourself and your abilities, stay in church, keep reading the scripture because it helps me a lot.

5.  Talk to your parents more about the future.

6.  Set goals for yourself and hang around people who are positive, that are going places after high school.

Plan your future more carefully is really good advice. It is very easy to go ino survival mode and let your future pass you by.

working