jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What specific words do you tell yourself to complete the simplest little tasks?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image86
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

What specific words do you tell yourself to complete the simplest little tasks?

Assuming you're like me, I don't have a lot of trouble do the big disagreeable things that I HAVE to do, but something as easy as mailing a letter can take me 3 days, even if I need to get it in the mail NOW!  What do you tell yourself to do these simple things.  It might be a passive aggressive behavior from the annoynance of having to mail a letter when so much is done on the itnernet.  I don't know; I can't figure it out.  I just need some words that will help!

2. Abby Campbell profile image95
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

LOL. I'm the same way with certain things, Billie! What does help me is writing "To Do" list on my white board each morning. I try to get all the small things out of the way first as it makes me feel accomplished in the early part of the day. That gives me incentive to finish the other things on my list.

Billie Kelpinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think I have to go back to a white board.  When I use igoogle's todo list, I can't seem to get things done:)  I'm going to the store after commenting here and mail a letter.  I should have done it this morning like you do and  I'd be done. THANKS!

Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I tried to use online calendars, my cell phone, and my Kindle for keeping track of my "To Do" list, but it's so much simpler doing it with a white board or even a regular paper tablet as it is constantly in my face. LOL. Good luck! wink

3. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

I tell myself "come on Linda get a move on" when I start getting lazy. Sometimes I got this maniana habit that I leave things to do tomorrow instead of doing them today and I hate myself for this.

that would be me!  "Billie, get a move on!"  I think talking to myself in 3rd person might help smile

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

when i need to get a simple task done, i tell myself," Get it done now or else I can't get my hands on the notebook !" It is compulsory to get the household chores done before i head to the notebook. Once my butt is on the chair, it will be hours !

Peach, now THAT I can't do.  The household chores first.  You're GREAT!  I leave everything until an hour before I have to pick up my husband at the train station and prays no one will knock on my door.

Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I do this too! No social time until my "To Do" list is done. Now to only keep my Hub social time in that "social time!" LOL.

working