jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

How do you cope with changes in your life?

1. midget38 profile image89
    midget38posted 5 years ago

How do you cope with changes in your life?

2. dghbrh profile image77
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Good question.
    I am always interested in change management. I  prefer to give time to change to sink in, so that it seems to be a normal process.

midget38posted 5 years agoin reply to this

We all need time to adapt indeed!

3. SkySlave profile image83
    SkySlaveposted 5 years ago

Time is the best answer. You can do everything you can to prepare yourself for change and still fall flat on your feet. I think everything works itself out in time, as long as you keep movin on,

Time heals all wounds, indeed.

4. josh3418 profile image81
    josh3418posted 5 years ago

Do you ever find it hard to cope with change?  If so, don't worry, you are not alone!  Some helpful tips and encouragement. read more

5. huntnfish profile image98
    huntnfishposted 5 years ago

Change used to really bother me, especially when I had no control over it. I realized though that if you start making positive changes in your life that you can control, ones that sneak up on you don't always seem so bad. It's just a matter of training your mind to be a little more adaptive. It worked for me at least!

Trick is not to get too comfortable....make contingencies for change!

6. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

I think with change there is always the opportunity to grow and learn something new.  I can be thick skulled sometime so it may take a while for the change to set in, but once I think it is good I just keep going and do not look back.  If I do not like the change, depending on what the change is, I still move forward, but I conintue to seek the opportunity to improve the change or I will move on.

We do what we can to adapt; failing that we've done what we can and move on!

7. IDONO profile image80
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

I cope with it by expecting it. I've always heard that it is okay to plan the future. Just don't plan the results. The one word that describes it best to me is" flexibility". I try to remember that glass breaks because it is not flexible. Stress breaks glass. And stress by definition is the reaction to change. See the connection? Makes sense to me. I hope it does you.

That is the best; be prepared for it is bound to happen!

working