The wind chill. I don't mind the cold so much when it is not blowing, but the wind is what makes me the most uncomfortable.
It would be easier to list the things I like lol.
I hate the limited daylight in the afternoon - it gets dark very early.
The lack of color in my area really bothers me. All the fields are flat and no color on the trees. It's a grey/brown boring view everywhere you look.
I don't like ice at all, I can tolerate small amounts of snow for a day, but the blizzard we recently had not so much.
The cold that is just mind numbing when you can't get warm.
The heating bill
How rude and obnoxious people are around the holidays in most places.
Greedy people that clear the shelves of everything that isn't nailed down whenever any kind of snow is predicted. The runs on stores this last storm outdid black friday and people were taking much more than they needed for 2 days, leaving other people in the lurch.
Having to drive with people on slick roads who go too fast and then can't control their vehicles when they slide.
Static! tired of static always in my hair and clothes and bed sheets.
Dry air - it's hard on the skin.
1) the cold, 2) the quality of light 3) constant overcast 4) the ever present depression I get in the winter 5) ice makes walking difficult 6) snow 7) having t have the heat on or a fire going all the time 8) the electric bill from #7 9) No barbecuing 10) repeat all previous 9 and add an exclamation point.
I live in South Dakota, so I'd have to say:
1) Blizzards that shut down whole cities
2) Most of last week was between -50 and -20 degrees Fahrenheit
3) Black ice and snow that drifts over the road
4) Having to drive across the state (the long way) doing about 30-35 mph on the interstate...and still swerving all over the road on the ice.
5) The awful, awful sound that snow makes as its being crunched by feet and car tires...I can't stand it.
I don't think I have any other winter gripes, but this about sums it up for me!
Interesting question! Thanks for asking!
1. that it seems to last forever
2. the wind chill
3. ice storms
4. storms during the work week
5. shoveling heavy snow
6. having to shovel off the roof if there's too much snow on it.
7. dark way too early
8. sun rises way too late in the morning
9. tracking the snow and sand into the house
10. cleaning off my dog's paws when he comes in
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
What are the 10 things YOU love THE MOST about winter?
by Victoria Lynn 3 years ago
What are some things to like or appreciate about winter?I hate winter but am trying to write a positive hub about it.
by Marie Alana 3 years ago
What is one thing that you love about Winter?
by momster 6 years ago
Are you ready for Winter? What do you like best about winter?
by The Donkey 17 months ago
Tons of people get upset, uncomfortable, or edgy when you bring up the subject about Jesus, God, or religion. Why do you think that is? Everything about Jesus is good. So why do we love to hate him so much?
by Jennifer B 10 months ago
How much snow do you have locally right now?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|