The wind chill. I don't mind the cold so much when it is not blowing, but the wind is what makes me the most uncomfortable.
It would be easier to list the things I like lol.
I hate the limited daylight in the afternoon - it gets dark very early.
The lack of color in my area really bothers me. All the fields are flat and no color on the trees. It's a grey/brown boring view everywhere you look.
I don't like ice at all, I can tolerate small amounts of snow for a day, but the blizzard we recently had not so much.
The cold that is just mind numbing when you can't get warm.
The heating bill
How rude and obnoxious people are around the holidays in most places.
Greedy people that clear the shelves of everything that isn't nailed down whenever any kind of snow is predicted. The runs on stores this last storm outdid black friday and people were taking much more than they needed for 2 days, leaving other people in the lurch.
Having to drive with people on slick roads who go too fast and then can't control their vehicles when they slide.
Static! tired of static always in my hair and clothes and bed sheets.
Dry air - it's hard on the skin.
1) the cold, 2) the quality of light 3) constant overcast 4) the ever present depression I get in the winter 5) ice makes walking difficult 6) snow 7) having t have the heat on or a fire going all the time 8) the electric bill from #7 9) No barbecuing 10) repeat all previous 9 and add an exclamation point.
I live in South Dakota, so I'd have to say:
1) Blizzards that shut down whole cities
2) Most of last week was between -50 and -20 degrees Fahrenheit
3) Black ice and snow that drifts over the road
4) Having to drive across the state (the long way) doing about 30-35 mph on the interstate...and still swerving all over the road on the ice.
5) The awful, awful sound that snow makes as its being crunched by feet and car tires...I can't stand it.
I don't think I have any other winter gripes, but this about sums it up for me!
Interesting question! Thanks for asking!
1. that it seems to last forever
2. the wind chill
3. ice storms
4. storms during the work week
5. shoveling heavy snow
6. having to shovel off the roof if there's too much snow on it.
7. dark way too early
8. sun rises way too late in the morning
9. tracking the snow and sand into the house
10. cleaning off my dog's paws when he comes in
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 years ago
What are the 10 things YOU love THE MOST about winter?
by Victoria Lynn3 years ago
What are some things to like or appreciate about winter?I hate winter but am trying to write a positive hub about it.
by Marie Alana3 years ago
What is one thing that you love about Winter?
by momster5 years ago
Are you ready for Winter? What do you like best about winter?
by SoaresJCSL6 years ago
What do you like about winter / snow?Do you prefer a walk through the snowy mountains or do a bit of snowboarding?
by The Donkey8 months ago
Tons of people get upset, uncomfortable, or edgy when you bring up the subject about Jesus, God, or religion. Why do you think that is? Everything about Jesus is good. So why do we love to hate him so much?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.