The Saiyuki Series: List of Songs and Music Albums
CD Cover of a Saiyuki anime music album
This hub contains a list of all the music albums in the Saiyuki series that I have reviewed, which is pretty much almost all the albums in said series.
This hub is designed to make it easier for readers to find information on the music albums from the Saiyuki series.
You can also see an overview list of pretty much all the music albums that are part of the extensive collection that the series has.
The Saiyuki series
This series was created by Kazuya Minekura who is a mangaka (author / artist). There is a lot of anime that goes with this series. For more information on all the anime in the Saiyuki series, you can look at this article. If you're interested in learning more about the characters of the series, specifically the four main characters collectively referred to as the Sanzo-ikkou, then take a look at this particular article.
The full title of this music album is Saiyuki Reload Burial Opening Theme Song: Late-Show.
The Saiyuki Reload Burial OVA is a prequel to the Saiyuki series. It's about the time before the Sanzo-ikkou went on their journey to the west.
There is also a lot of manga for this series. In fact, this series actually started as a manga.
If you want to read more information about the manga of the Saiyuki series, then this article may interest you.
Looking for Saiyuki songs and music albums and track lists?
Aside from its various other media, there is an extensive collection of songs and music albums from the Saiyuki series.
However, it can actually be rather difficult to find any information on the many music albums from the Saiyuki series such as the track lists and song samples. Doing research about this topic is really something that you'll be spending several hours on. You keep trying to find what you're looking for everywhere it seems.
Sometimes, you'll find something but a lot of the time, you'll just end up feeling disappointed because you didn't find what you were looking for or the information that you found wasn't enough or wasn't all that correct.
Alone by Shimokawa Mikuni
About the video:
- Alone is the first ending theme song of Gensomaden Saiyuki, the first anime in the Saiyuki series
- It can be found in the Gensomaden Saiyuki Singles Collection music album
- You can find 4 versions of Alone in said album - the full version, the TV size version, the instrumental version and the instrumental piano version
It is also highly likely that information on this subject can be all over the place. Some sites would have the music album's CD covers but that's about it.
You'd think sites that should have had the track list for the albums as well as other information would have had them but unfortunately they don't.
You'll also soon come to realize that a lot of the music albums relating to the Saiyuki series that you find are mislabeled and misspelled.
This can get frustrating and annoying fast because you're trying to find information on a specific album but you find that the reason you're unable to locate anything is because the album is categorized under a different name or label.
The problems in trying to find the music albums and track lists of the Saiyuki series:
To illustrate this, note the name "Saiyuki". This is what the series is more commonly known as. However, the series has many other names due to all its sequels and prequels.
We have the different Saiyuki anime like Gensomaden Saiyuki, Saiyuki Reload and Saiyuki Reload Gunlock. We even have manga like Saiyuki Reload, Saiyuki Reload Blast and Saiyuki Gaiden.
The correct name of this music album is Gensomaden Saiyuki Image Album Volume 3.
The word 'Gensomaden' is sometimes spelled as 'Gensoumaden' or 'Genso Maden' while the word 'Saiyuki' is sometimes spelled as 'Saiyuuki'
These things can actually be misspelled. And, for some reason, some people refer to the series by these misspellings and these other names.
For instance, instead of Gensomaden Saiyuki, some sites label said anime as Genso Maden Saiyuki or even Gensoumaden Saiyuuki.
These are just some of the examples in spelling and even spacing variations.
Another thing that can cause you difficulty in attempting to locate these albums and their track lists is the fact that some of the songs and album titles are actually in Japanese.
The word "Saiyuki" is actually the romaji for the Japanese characters 最遊記. So, in sites like Amazon Japan, you'll see something like this 最遊記 Reload Gunlock, which means Saiyuki Reload Gunlock. The words "Reload Gunlock" are in English because that is how the title is.
The complete title of this music album is Saiyuki Reload Vocal Album Volume 1.
Saiyuki Reload is the sequel to the Gensomaden Saiyuki anime series by Kazuya Minekura.
This is also the same regarding some of the songs from the series as there are songs that are in Japanese but have romaji equivalents to their titles but there are also English titles for the other songs.
An example is the song "Mitsumeteitai" by flow-war. "Mitsumeteitai" is the romaji title of the song but its Japanese title is this 見つめていたい.
On the other hand, the song "Don't Look Back Again" by WAG does not have a Japanese or a romaji title because the title really is in English.
As you can see, for a lot of the songs and music albums of the series, you can type a great many things in the search bar to try to find what you're looking for.
You can go with the romaji title, the English translation, the Japanese title and even try the many other variations of spellings and spacing just to try and find some form of information on these topics.
It's definitely a lot of work that might even discourage you because you'll certainly be getting what seems like a million and one pages of search results and yet none of them seem to contain anything substantial or at least not related to what you're looking for.
The correct title of this music album is Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Vocal Album Volume 1. Saiyuki Reload Gunlock is the sequel to Saiyuki Reload.
Incorrect titles are one reason why it can be hard to find information on anime music albums.
Even if you know the title of the album that you're looking for, how can it help you when the album has been incorrectly named by sites and stores?
An example from Amazon.com
Let me show you another example regarding the difficulties of locating the Saiyuki music albums, this time specifically because of incorrect labeling of said albums.
Look at the music album from Amazon.com featured on the right. Check out the name of said album.
The name of the album, according to Amazon.com, is apparently "Animation Soundtrack" but if you look at the album cover, which is actually featured here (look further down below), you'll see clearly that this album is actually Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Vocal Album Volume 1.
People would generally know this album by its rightful name and not by "Animation Soundtrack" so they won't know or think to type such a phrase while trying to find information on the vocal album of Saiyuki Reload Gunlock. This is just one of the examples of just how hard it can be to find information on the Saiyuki music albums. This is even more so if said albums aren't properly labeled.
Gensomaden Saiyuki Vocal Album Volume 1. Some of the songs in this album were sung by the voice actors of Sanzo, Gojyo and Goku (3 of the main characters of the Saiyuki series).
A list of music albums from the Saiyuki series
As aforementioned, below, you can see a list of pretty much all the music albums from the Saiyuki series.
There is a table of contents for your ease of use because there is a lot of music albums to choose from.
The table of contents features the full name of the album so you can easily find what you're looking for.
As a side note:
This hub only contains a few short things about each of the music albums such as song recommendations for some and artist mentions for others because more details can be found on the hubs that are specifically about the music album in question.
So, if you would like to see even more detailed information about these music albums such as the track list, information on songs and even some sample songs, then just head on over to the hub that the music album title leads to.
The complete and correct title of this music album is Saiyuki Reload Sanzo's Song Collection.
All the songs in this album were sung by Seki Toshihiko, the seiyuu or voice actor of Genjo Sanzo, one of the main characters in the Saiyuki series. His voice is simply amazing.
You'll also see some sample videos from this hub but you can see more from the other hubs where the music albums are discussed in more detail.
Also, another note:
Know that all of these music albums are highly recommended and each are amazing in their own right.
I'm putting this here so I won't have to say it for each of the albums.
Table of Contents:
- Gensomaden Saiyuki Vocal Album Volume 1
- Gensomaden Saiyuki Vocal Album Volume 2
- Gensomaden Saiyuki Vocal Album Volume 3
- Gensomaden Saiyuki Image Album Volume 1
- Gensomaden Saiyuki Image Album Volume 2
- Gensomaden Saiyuki Image Album Volume 3
- Gensomaden Saiyuki Singles Collection
- Gensomaden Saiyuki Requiem Character Song Mini Album - Four Songs
- Saiyuki Reload Vocal Album Volume 1
- Saiyuki Reload Vocal Album Volume 2
- Saiyuki Reload Image Album Volume 1
- Saiyuki Reload Image Album Volume 2
- Saiyuki Reload Sanzo's Song Collection
- Saiyuki Reload Opening Theme Song Wild Rock Single by Buzzlip
- Saiyuki Reload Ending Theme Song ID Single by flow-war
- Saiyuki Reload Ending Theme Song Fukisusabu Kaze No Naka De Single by WAG
- Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Vocal Album Volume 1
- Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Vocal Album Volume 2
- Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Son Goku's Song Collection
- Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Opening Theme Song Don't Look Back Again Single by WAG
- Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Ending Theme Song Mitsumeteitai Single by flow-war
- Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Ending Theme Song Shiro No Jumon Single by doa
- Saiyuki Reload & Saiyuki Reload Gunlock TV Sound Collection
- Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Piano Supplement - Lively And Relaxed Days
- Saiyuki Reload Burial Opening Theme Song: Late-Show
- Saiyuki Reload Burial Ending Theme Song: Shiny Moon
Game by Seki Toshihiko (Sanzo)
- To the right, you can see a featured video from YouTube
- This is the song "Game" by Seki Toshihiko who is Genjo Sanzo's seiyuu (voice actor)
- Have fun hearing Sanzo's distinctively great voice when listening to this song
- One of the songs that you can find on this music album is entitled "Go To The West", which is very fitting indeed because the 4 main characters of the Saiyuki series have been sent on a journey to the west
- It was sung by the seiyuu of three of the four main characters of the Saiyuki series
- These are: Seki Toshihiko (Sanzo), Hirata Hiroaki (Sha Gojyo), and Hoshi Soichiro (Son Goku)
Stiff Breeze by Kusao Takeshi (Kougaiji)
- The song "Stiff Breeze", featured on the right from YouTube, was sung by Kusao Takeshi
- He is the seiyuu for the character named Kougaiji
- Kougaiji is one of the antagonists from the Saiyuki series but, of course, there's a lot more to his story than that
- One of the songs that can be found on this music album is entitled "Hold The Light"
- This is a nice-sounding song with some parts sung in English
- This was sung by Masaki Nomiyama
- He's not a seiyuu for any Saiyuki character though
Shooting Star by Ryosuke Neriki
- The Gensomaden Saiyuki Image Albums actually contain singers that don't appear in the Saiyuki series
- A notable song from this album is the one called "Shooting Star" by Ryosuke Neriki
- You can listen to a sample of it via the YouTube video to the right
- The song is really quite catchy
- To the right, you can see a sample video from YouTube
- This features the song called "Red Criminal" by Manabu Enuma
- He's not a seiyuu for any character from the Saiyuki series
Still Time by Tokuyama Hidenori
- Featured to the right, you will find the song "Still Time" by Tokuyama Hidenori
- The song "Still Time" is actually the second opening song from the anime Gensomaden Saiyuki
- The video from YouTube to the right features some of the scenes from the opening theme of the anime
Don't be fooled by the very incorrect title. This is really the Gensomaden Saiyuki Requiem Character Song Mini Album - Four Songs music album
- This album is actually from the Saiyuki movie entitled Gensomaden Saiyuki Requiem Movie
- This album is the only one where you can hear Hakkai (his voice actor Ishida Akira) "sing"
- The word "sing" is in quotation marks because Hakkai doesn't exactly sing
- Check out a sample of that song and the other 3 songs from this album by heading on over to the hub about this
Waymarks by Sanzo, Gojyo and Goku
- Featured to the right from a video from YouTube is the song entitled "Waymarks"
- This was sung by the seiyuu of Sanzo, Gojyo and Goku
- See some information about this song and its wonderful lyrics with much meaning at the hub about this vocal album from Saiyuki Reload
Cherish by Hoshi Soichiro (Goku)
- The vocal albums from Saiyuki Reload feature the seiyuus of Sanzo, Gojyo, Goku and Kougaiji as the singers of the songs
- The song you can listen to on the right is called "Cherish" and it was sung by Goku's seiyuu
- The aforementioned video showcases many images from the Saiyuki series, particularly the anime Gensomaden Saiyuki
- The image albums from Saiyuki Reload were sung by other artists that were not seiyuu of any of the characters in the Saiyuki series
- A notable song from this album is "Ending" by Garden, which actually appears in 2 other music albums from the Saiyuki series
- You can listen to this song by checking out the hub about Saiyuki Reload Image Album Volume 1
- A notable song from this album is called "In The World"
- This song was sung by Nobuko Kotani
- It's a truly wonderful song with grand meaningful lyrics
- To the right, you can see an image of the CD cover of this music album
- From the title of the album and the image of said album, which features Genjo Sanzo, know that the songs in this album were all sung by Sanzo's seiyuu
- A notable song from this album is the one entitled "Call" and you can listen to this in the hub about Saiyuki Reload Sanzo's Song Collection
- The song "Wild Rock" by Buzzlip appears as the opening theme of the anime Saiyuki Reload
- You can see 2 different sample videos featuring Wild Rock on the hub about it
- One video contains the full version of "Wild Rock" while the other one is only its TV size version
- Know that there are actually 2 music albums with the name ID Single by flow-war
- Both contain the song "ID" though they have a different number of track lists
- Find out more by checking out the hub about this single
- WAG's song called "Fukisusabu Kaze No Naka De" is the second ending theme from the anime Saiyuki Reload
- The above title is the romaji title of this song
- Translated into English, the title means "Inside The Raging Wind"
- The CD cover of this music album is featured to the right and was obtained from Amazon.com
- A notable artist from this album is Daisuke Namikawa as he's actually the seiyuu of the character called Kami-Sama
- Kami-Sama is one of the antagonists from the anime Saiyuki Reload
- A notable artist from this music album is Kouichi Toochika who is the seiyuu for the character Hazel
- Hazel is one of the new characters that appears in the anime Saiyuki Reload Gunlock
- A notable song from this album is the one called "Respectively", which features the voice actors of Gojyo and Dokugakuji (who is Gojyo's older half-brother)
- As the title of this music album suggests, all the songs here were sung by Hoshi Soichiro, Goku's seiyuu
- A notable song from this album is called "Wing Area" and it sounds just wonderfully awesome with its great lyrics and translation
- Do note that some songs from this album appear in other music albums from the Saiyuki series
A short quiz on the music albums of the Saiyuki series:
view quiz statistics
- Above, you can see a short quiz
- It's about the many music albums from the Saiyuki series
- Just how much do you know about the songs and music albums from the Saiyuki series?
- Find out by taking this quiz
- You can find some of the answers here
- Other information can be found in the hub pertaining to a specific music album
- The song "Don't Look Back Again" by WAG is the opening theme of the anime Saiyuki Reload Gunlock
- By looking at the hub about this album, you can also see 2 sample videos of this song
- One of the sample songs is the full version of this song while the other is the TV size version
- flow-war's song called "Mitsumeteitai" is the first ending theme from the anime Saiyuki Reload Gunlock
- See a video of this song from the hub about it
- The translated lyrics have superb meanings and the song sounds marvelous
- The song "Shiro No Jumon" by doa is actually the second ending song from the anime Saiyuki Reload Gunlock
- This is a very lively, fast-paced song with a fun and catchy beat
- You can listen to a sample of the song from the hub about this where, aside from the full size version, you can also check out the TV size version of this song
- This music album contains the TV size version of the opening and ending theme songs of aforementioned anime
- You can also listen to awesome-sounding background music that you first heard by watching Saiyuki Reload and Saiyuki Reload Gunlock
- Get the chance to hear the distinct and superb seiyuus of the Sanzo-ikkou and Kougaiji as they say their more famous and well-known lines through some of the tracks in this TV Sound Collection
- Know that all the tracks in this music album contain only instrumental piano versions
- This means, when you listen to the tracks, you'll only hear music without hearing anyone singing
- As the title of this album says, this music album aims to get you "lively" and "relaxed"
- Don't you think the CD cover of this music album that's featured on the right looks just plain lovely?
- A notable song from this album is, of course, "Late-Show", which was sung by Garden
- "Late-Show" is the opening theme from the Saiyuki Reload Burial OVA (original video animation)
- All the songs in this album were sung by the seiyuus of Sanzo, Gojyo and Goku
- The song "Shiny Moon" is the ending theme of Saiyuki Reload Burial OVA
The complete and proper title of this music album is Saiyuki Reload Burial Ending Theme Song: Shiny Moon.
The Saiyuki Reload Burial OVA is a prequel to the Saiyuki series. It's about the time before the Sanzo-ikkou went on their journey to the west.
The cover of this music album features the 4 main characters of the series. Don't you think they all look so handsome?
What do you think of the music albums and songs in the Saiyuki series?
I hope this list was useful and helpful to you especially in showing a general overview of the many music albums in the Saiyuki series.
Also, hopefully, you have been saved from the trouble of having to wade through a lot of sites trying to find what you're looking for and then having to feel frustrated and even having to eventually give up, either because there's really nothing to find or you feel that your precious time is being wasted.
Saiyuki has such a huge collection of music albums and songs but they're all simply exquisitely amazing with such high quality, quotable lyrics and awesome singers. Try listening to any of the songs and see for yourself.
© 2013 Ceres Schwarz