jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Does this anger you....?

1. PR Morgan profile image60
    PR Morganposted 7 years ago

Does this anger you....?

Does it anger you to think that stars such as Mariah Carey, Usher and Beyonce performed private concerts for Muammar Gadhafi and his family in return for millions of dollars?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4758828_f260.jpg

2. Adventure Colorad profile image83
    Adventure Coloradposted 7 years ago

That is capitalism for you, some people care more about the money than what it supports.

3. Roger Rabbit profile image58
    Roger Rabbitposted 7 years ago

Hey atleast Beyonce can give some more money to charity now. Better then what Gadhafi does with it obviously.

4. hassann profile image72
    hassannposted 7 years ago

They are jerks to have served Qaddafi in any way. I'd rather give Qaddafi the finger than take millions of dollars from him. Now, that's me writing on hubpages to earn 15 cents from adsense. These people already have a millions. They could do without Qaddafi's bloody money.

5. Themoontickets profile image56
    Themoonticketsposted 7 years ago

Actual yes! But what can I do? Just disregard this smile)

6. earnings33 profile image39
    earnings33posted 7 years ago

As everyone knows we work for money and they are stars and they have their own life it's nothing bad if they perform for Ghadafi or whatever. Money is the main concern. They are entertainers and they are also hymen being and they can think and decide for their betterment so if they did then they must have acknowledge all the upcoming rumors. According to me there is nothing bad with this.

7. platinumOwl4 profile image76
    platinumOwl4posted 7 years ago

These people earn their living as performers. They perform for a variety of people in The United States. They are under contract to certain companies. Why are you not angry at the Record companies?

8. PR Morgan profile image60
    PR Morganposted 7 years ago

If the record companies and managers are also sending them they are to blame too.  Check this out...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Celebrity-With-No-Conscience

9. profile image0
    Dandraposted 7 years ago

No. I envy Gadhafi for seeing Beyonce in the flesh - that was my main emotion.

10. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Anger me?  No, they sold their services.  It is no more than a farmer, a carpenter or a hairdresser does.

Repulse me?  Yes, many things that people do for the sum of monies repulse me.

People sometimes do things that I personally find repulsive and do not receive money.

This condition is a part of the human condition.  The most I can do is hold me and mine to different standards.

11. Joan1 profile image57
    Joan1posted 7 years ago

The money and time he is spending being entertained by them, is time and money that he is not spending on buying weapons and killing people.

They just do their job. And they are not hurting anyone with it.
    Why get angry at them for singing a song?
    Better get angry at countries that sold weapons to him.
    That is actually being used to kill innocent people!

Apparantly it's difficult for people to be angry at America and other countries than it is to be angry at some artists making their living in an innocent way.

12. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

The fact that there perfoming for Muammar Gadhafi sickens me. On an income level do it but your Morals have yo kick in sometime!!

13. joshhunt83 profile image60
    joshhunt83posted 7 years ago

Its just the super wealthy servicing the super wealthy, all of them get rich through exploiting regular people. Not that they are to blame, its the system we're all part of. A sick one.

working