jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite movie about teachers?

1. LearnFromMe profile image92
    LearnFromMeposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite movie about teachers?

I personally loved Stand and Deliver.

2. calpol25 profile image71
    calpol25posted 6 years ago

Carry on Teacher - British Comedy from the comedy greats.

3. profile image59
    JBunceposted 6 years ago

I guess I have to say that you have good taste, because that would probably be my choice also...

4. preacherdon profile image74
    preacherdonposted 6 years ago

I, too, love Stand and Deliver. I also love Mr. Holland's Opus.

5. brooklyn00123 profile image60
    brooklyn00123posted 6 years ago

Well not exactly a teacher, actually about a principal and a bad situation with a school but I like Lean on Me a lot

6. lydocia profile image60
    lydociaposted 6 years ago

Dead Poets Society - it has Robin Williams, it has poetry, it has a lesson about education and it holds an endless source for language teachers to find assignments and examination questions. wink

7. tlmcgaa70 profile image78
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

maybe this counts and maybe it doesnt...Pay it forward is one of my absolute favorites...it starts with a teacher who gives an assignment to his social studies class at the beginning of the year...think of an idea that could change the world, and act on it (or something like that)...the movie is about one kid who does just that. the teacher ends up playing a huge part in his life. this movie sends out strong messages to families in abusive situations as well as encouraging hope and goodwill. i wrote a review about this movie if you are interested in checking it out.

8. daisydayz profile image89
    daisydayzposted 5 years ago

St Trinians count? although I loved freedom writers too

9. ParadigmEnacted profile image75
    ParadigmEnactedposted 4 years ago

I was thinking Stand and Deliver, and Dead Poets Society is a tasteful little number as well. It's a little edgier, but 187 with Samuel L. Jackson is very gripping. Nobody should overlook Good Will Hunting either.

10. nehanatu86 profile image88
    nehanatu86posted 4 years ago

My favorite is Dead Poet's Society..Robin Williams smile

working