jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

If you could look into the future, would you want to know how things turn out?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 6 years ago

If you could look into the future, would you want to know how things turn out?

Specifically, in your life, in the world around you, etc.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6019609_f260.jpg

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

Of course I would. I would see what horses were going to win tomorrow and then bet on them all smile

3. ithabise profile image84
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

I would not. I think about times when I or others have gotten the inside on something soon to happen...it makes you shirk responsibility or feel the need to not do something. If we're looking to the future, this could be troublesome simply because you don't know how the possibility of doing less (and even striving harder to prevent something) will cost you in other pertinent and valuable ways.

4. algarveview profile image88
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

Well, I think I wouldn't like to know how things turn out, because that would take the fun out of things, I wouldn't have something to really look forward to, because I already knew it was going down, probably I would get bored waiting for it and if something awful was going to happen, that would make me feel bad and would not let me enjoy the rest of my life.

5. Loveless City boy profile image61
    Loveless City boyposted 6 years ago

Not at all.... I love the wondering aspect.

6. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 6 years ago

No ....I,m Happy with the present...besides if I knew what was coming it would spoil the suprise or dismay LOL...great question..thanks for asking

7. kschimmel profile image48
    kschimmelposted 6 years ago

I would have missed out on a lot in life if I could have seen the struggles I would have to go through.  For example, most of us would be afraid to have children, get married, take a trip overseas, etc. if we could see the difficulties we might encounter along the way--even knowing it all works out in the end.
    If we could see the future, we would be less likely to enjoy the present moment and would always be looking ahead instead.

8. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I probably would want to know and then afterwards feel regret that I chose to find out.

9. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, maybe.  Just a quick, few second peek at time 20 years from now.  Am I still here, is my husband, are my kids healthy.  No wait - on second thought if the news was not good for my family--I would freak out.. ...So after pondering, now I don't think so.

10. DIMIR profile image81
    DIMIRposted 6 years ago

But if you were to see what was going to happen, would that be what was going to happen before or after you looked?  What if you looking at your future alters your future.  It seems pretty likely, unless you were meant to look at your future.  Then would your future vary whether or not you looked at it?  Or is this a fate-driven vehicle where no change is allowed?

If my future would change, then certainly I would look in hopes of changing it for the better.  If my future could not be changed, then I would not look.  Why waste a good surprise, in either case?

11. Jynzly profile image72
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

Yes. If I knew what is going to happen in the future then I can make definite plans for whatever that future is. If it is good then I will be happy today because my future is bright. If the future is bad then I will have time to plan and create strategies in preparation to either evade the ba incident or to prepare myself to face such.

12. rLcasaLme profile image72
    rLcasaLmeposted 6 years ago

I'd rather not.
    If I learned that I'd be successful, in effect, I'd be lazy. Why work hard? I'd be successful anyway.
    If I am not. I'd lose motivation. Persevering won't make sense.

13. ssmith1534 profile image73
    ssmith1534posted 6 years ago

nope! i think life is more fun when it is full of surprises!

working