jump to last post 1-22 of 22 discussions (29 posts)

What's your favorite romance movie of all time?

1. Heather Says profile image97
    Heather Saysposted 5 years ago

What's your favorite romance movie of all time?

2. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 5 years ago

That's easy for me.  The Bridges of Madison County.  I absolutely love that one!  Good question.

3. rahul0324 profile image84
    rahul0324posted 5 years ago

When Harry met sally... for sure! It may be closely followed by a few others like Titanic, A walk to remember ..and so on!

1. mtkomori profile image86
      mtkomoriposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I liked "When Harry Met Sally" too, though I named "Sleepless in Seattle" as my favorite.

4. profile image0
    Fiddlemanposted 5 years ago

For me it's got to be The Notebook and I also loved Sweet Home Alabama.

1. ackman1465 profile image60
      ackman1465posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Fiddleman:  I'm in accord with your about "Notebook".... and also, I like "The Apartment".....

2. profile image0
      oceansiderposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I also loved Sweet home Alabama, and have seen that so many times because its wonderful!

5. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

For me, it's Gone with the Wind - hands down.

6. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

My favorite is Stardust which is a fantasy romance movie.

7. Civil War Bob profile image61
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

Princess Bride tops my list, I think...or maybe Reign of Fire where they walk away holding hands at the last scene.

8. Andy Webb profile image70
    Andy Webbposted 5 years ago

Difficult one as so many great romance movies, I suppose right now it is Douglas Sirk's "All That Heaven Allows" with it's tale of romance between an older woman and a younger man and the tough decisions which come from such a relationship: http://www.themoviescene.co.uk/reviews/ … llows.html

9. Cosmic Bus profile image74
    Cosmic Busposted 5 years ago

I love the movie Penelope and Never Been Kissed is a good one, as well as funny.

1. profile image0

Oh yes, Never Been Kissed was so delightful and yes, so funny too, but the ending was the best part I thought....actually that was one of the best endings of a movie I've ever seen, especially with the Beach Boys song...I loved it.

10. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 5 years ago

Casablanca, even though the film was way before my time. I've loved it since I saw the amazing on screen talents of Humphrey Bogart. The movie is of such high quality in terms of the acting, writing, direction, etc. I wish younger people of today appreciated classic films more.

11. Clive Donegal profile image78
    Clive Donegalposted 5 years ago

I am just a sucker for Casablanca. I'm not sure how many times I have seen it, but I love it every time.

1. profile image0

I also loved Casablanca, it is one of my very favorites too.  I thought that Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman were amazing in that, and I also have seen that on the old movie channels so many times too.

12. profile image0
    BethDWposted 5 years ago

'While You Were Sleeping' because it is freaking high-larious!

13. Shaikh Javed profile image60
    Shaikh Javedposted 5 years ago

I love titanic, it is an unforgettable experience

14. libby1970 profile image70
    libby1970posted 5 years ago

I would say "Message in a Bottle"! I absolutely loved that movie! I also loved "Titanic"...

15. mtkomori profile image86
    mtkomoriposted 5 years ago

"Sleepless in Seatte" starring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. It's a cute movie and Meg and Tom have great chemisty.

16. LaThing profile image74
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

Love Pride and Prejudice! Having read that book so many time as a young girl, it was like reliving the book!

1. profile image0

Yes, that's what I just said in my comment, before I saw yours now...that watching Pride and Prejudice really brought the book to life.....My favorite was the original version with Colin Firth...he played a wonderful Mr. Darcy!!

17. anam hasib profile image59
    anam hasibposted 5 years ago

mine is a walk to remember..and there another one equally good i find..message in a bottle..smile

1. profile image0

A Walk to Remember was beautiful....what a tear jerker!!  The actors were wonderful....I got lost in that movie...I have seen this one many times!

18. ModestyKing profile image60
    ModestyKingposted 5 years ago

I would have to say that my favorite romance movie of all time is The Notebook. In fact, it's my OVERALL favorite movie of all time.

19. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

I would have to say it's Pride and Prejudice.....the one with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy.   This love story between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet was beautiful.
    It was actually two love stories going on simultaneously, because Lizzie's sister Jane was also in love with Mr. Darcy's best friend, Mr. Bingly.  For Jane Austen fans, I would say....see this movie.....it really brings the book to life!

This was so well done, and throughout this movie, there are so many turns and twists in these parallel romances going on, of each of these sisters, that it keeps you on the edge of your seat!  Well, I don't know if everyone would be so much in love with this movie, but I do recommend this Pride and Prejudice rather than the one with Keira Knightly.....I felt that it couldn't possibly compare to the original one with Colin Firth.

20. WebsiteConfetti profile image64
    WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years ago

I know its corny, but I love how in 'Love Actually' Colin Firth fell in love with his housekeeper despite not speaking the same language. Kinda beautiful:)

21. Sage in a Cage profile image78
    Sage in a Cageposted 5 years ago

I adore 'Love Story' with Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal. I think it's the music. It gets me every time!

22. Ov Strickland profile image60
    Ov Stricklandposted 5 years ago

There is nothing else like "The Notebook". It really made me cry. sad

working