Have you ever met anyone famous?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 54 discussions (67 posts)
  1. TheWicklessCandle profile image58
    TheWicklessCandleposted 13 years ago

I'm just curious to know whom you have met in your life.

Anyone famous?

1. profile image0
      Tina Trueloveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have met all of the cast members of the original Dukes of Hazzard series.  They are all very "down to earth" and approachable.  They all have such great personalities.  I wish today's TV personalities were more like them.

2. alexandriaruthk profile image69
      alexandriaruthkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I attended a press conference about the findings of a nationwide demographic survey and some journalist, the president of the Philippines plus the head of the United Nations walking side by side stepped by the table where I was siting down and just commented how are we doing and shake hands with us -- both of them. We are the presenters of the findings.
      Just that brief moment hehe, is that considered one?

3. formerbronxboy profile image61
      formerbronxboyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The, I grew-up across the street from Yankee Stadium, so I met an uncountable number of baseball and football players. When young, some lived in my building.

4. Sonjadean profile image60
      Sonjadeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am from a small town with big stars. I have met Blair Underwood,Howard Hewitt from the group Shalamar. James Avery from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Daphne Maxwell-Reid and her husband, Tim Reid, and Trey Songz. and his mom.

5. Phillyfreeze69 profile image56
      Phillyfreeze69posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had the pleasure of meeting Kim Kardashian last year when she hosted her first annual Derby Gala. The party featured NBA, NFL and Hollywood celebrities. Tickets were $125 to $750(for VIP suite) and proceeds were donated to a charity similar to Make-A-Wish foundation. Kim was quite approachable and cordial and look extremely sexy wearing a silver metallic mini dress that sparkled in glare of the Paparazzi's flashing cameras.

6. profile image53
      harryvinceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, I always wanted to meet Angelina Jolie but could not meet her.
      http://www.healthproductreviewers.com/f … eview.html

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

I've met a lot of people in my life, and yes, some of them are considered famous.

3. watchya profile image60
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

Maradona

4. cocopreme profile image89
    cocopremeposted 13 years ago

My dad works at a radio station, so I've met many singers in my life.

5. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

I used to live in London in an area where a lot of famous people lived, so one often sat next to someone on the tube.  And through my past work I have met film directors, a lot of politicians and a few film stars

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I understand precisely what you are saying. Everytime I go to London I walk past somebody 'famous', although they generally involve the 'D-List' lol

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

yes, years ago I used to help book bands for a non-profit teen group. I've met a number of 'big name' musicians. hopefully will meet more as my youngest son is starting to compose music for films/documentaries.

7. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I once worked at the Hollywood Studios park in Orlando. Back then it was a real working production studio. I worked as the night shift custodian for the production buildings.

At that time they were making star search, wheel of fortune and lots of other shows. So in the mornings just before I got done saw Ed Mcmahon, some Miss Universe girls, Vanna White, Hulk Hogan and lots of others.

8. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

I've met quite a few celebrities.
    The most recent was Ty Burrell from "Modern Family." He was pushing a stroller, out for a walk with his baby. Really great guy. Had a nice chat.

One of my favorite celebrities is Louise Mandrell. I stayed with her a couple of times in years past, and she is a total class gal.

9. Jeff Berndt profile image74
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

One time I sang the Ballad of Davy Crockett with Enya's dad....

10. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Vinny Jones the footballer turned 'lock,stock n 2 smoking barrels' film star..he signed an autograph for me at an Arsenal vs Wimbledon match

1. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I met Vinny in a hotel bar, he was showing off and posing for everyone.. he then asked my ex-wife and her sister why they were ignoring him so they told him to P155 off as they didn't know who he was and he was disturbing us...

He was very put out.....

11. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Yeah a few.... got cooked a meal and had a chat with Gordon Ramsey. The rest are 'soccer' players, so listing those would probably go above most peoples heads.

I have walked past hundreds though. You can't call that 'meeting' somebody.

I actually have a couple of friends who could be considered 'famous' in their fields (eg. their particular sport), particularly in the UK, but I am not into name-dropping. That is no way to build trust.

12. luvpassion profile image61
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

General Chuck Yeager...a true American hero.

13. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Adam West, Burt Ward, Jim Belushi, Dan Ackroyd and John Goodman.
    Not all at the same time, but that would have been cool!

14. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

I have met a ton of pro athletes

15. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

I have met and played music with Loretta Lynn

16. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

I was doing canvassing and saw Sarah Silverman.

17. TheWicklessCandle profile image58

Steve Young, and my wife always saw Gary Coleman at the walmart in Payson, Utah

18. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

I had the pleasure of working with Robert Englund (aka Freddy Kreuger) on his reality show in 2004. I was one of 18 contestants.  The show was never released by CBS, it was a pilot.  But I enjoyed getting to know him. He brought the whole crew to my home in Arkansas then we finished taping the actual challenge sequence in Los Angeles. He was genuinely interested in my fear/phobia.  He is also very approachable in public and open with his fans.  When we went out to eat in Texarkana, he gladly signed autographs for people and answered questions freely.  A very talented man.  Another funny thing is we have the same birthday: June 6!

19. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I am well aquainted with Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue and met Vince Neil one night at Sunset Tattoo in West Hollywood when we were both getting Tats !

20. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Yes, I have met ultimate hubber, a famous guy he is!

21. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

I've had beers with the infamous Paul Deeds.

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't count unless A) he paid for them and B) he got drunk enough for you to shave an eyebrow off smile

As for me, I've met a couple. To be really honest ... unimpressive in person, though I must say the Star Trek guy was a very nice fella.

22. TerryGl profile image58
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

I met Davie Jones from the Monkeys. My role was to provide him security services however he was a quick little tyke. Great guy nonetheless.

23. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Yes more than one! Both my 5 year old granddaughters are famous.
    I asked them once and was told "yes granpa we are famous dancers."
    I have met other famous people but not as wonderful or remarkable as these two. smile

1. Mrvoodoo profile image56
      Mrvoodooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, love it. smile

24. defenestratethis profile image61
    defenestratethisposted 13 years ago

When I was 17 I enrolled in a Drama Workshop for 2 months in the summer..and the teacher was Patrick Duffy.You know, the guy from "Dallas" and some other TV sitcoms. But, this was long before he got famous. I found him very handsome and left love notes in his coat pocket when he wasnt looking.

25. iantoPF profile image80
    iantoPFposted 13 years ago

I've met a bunch over my life. I met Paul McCartney. The drummer of Dire Straits, Terry Williams was a regular at the Badminton, a pub I used to hang out in, in Swansea, Wales. I might mention one of these days what he said about my singing. Bonnie Tyler, her real name is Gaynor Hopkins. So many old memories come flooding back. I was involved in politics and met many celebrity politicians. I am going to have to find a way to tell the story of how I accidentally, it was an accident I swear, I urinated on the shoes of the Prime Minister, Harold Wilson.
    I feel a Hub coming on.

26. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

I think my favorite is one of the singers from the Lady jane black mombanzo. He followed me around smiling one day. I felt so privileged. His smile was as beautiful as his voice.

27. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 13 years ago

I've met and seen a lot of people who are famous locally but internationally famous - nope. smile

28. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

hmmm lets see, 2 meet and greets with singer/songwriter Tori Amos. Comedian Phil Jupitus (UK comedian) at my local waitrose doing food shopping of all things and I got to wave at /say hi to michael mcintyre as he was doing is prance down the street for a dvd oh oh and I got to be an extra in the movie highway for the curt cobaine vigal recreation, btw if you pause at just the right point you can make me out in the corner of the screen LOL. I was not supposed to speak with any of the stars BUT I bummed a smoke offa one of the bad guys (think his name is Conrad Goode). He told me I shouldn't smoke but gave me one ayway lol

29. macias13 profile image60
    macias13posted 13 years ago

I have met Chuck Norris and Hilliary Clinton also Lisa Ling

30. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

Bill Clinton when he visited Ireland in 1995 - I shook his hand and said good luck with the Monica thing - he winked and said thank you smile

31. TheWicklessCandle profile image58

My wife had dinner and shot pool with Lola Ray.

To this day I wish to meet Weird Al Yankovic a longtime hero. I do know his cousin, though.

32. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Had a few beers with Tanya Tucker years ago.  Talked to Jayne Mansfield and many more famous folk during my musical career.  One of my best friends was one of the Iranian hostages.  Famous folk are mostly the same as we peasants!

33. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

I met William Hung (from American Idol) in the Ft. Lauderdale airport a couple of years ago.

34. Mrvoodoo profile image56
    Mrvoodooposted 13 years ago

Phillip Schofield (I'm guessing only Brits will know that name) and this guy from Buffy the vampire slayer (and some other stuff apparently), he was a bit of a boozer.

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/Anthony%20Head%20Buffy%20Vampire%20Slayer.jpg

1. Jeff Berndt profile image74
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tony Head! Awesome! He was great in Repo!

35. tweetter profile image57
    tweetterposted 13 years ago

I met A R RAHMAN[hope you know him] and the legend of cricket SACHIN TENDULKAR. He gave me an MRF bat with his autograph in it!

36. TheWicklessCandle profile image58

I went to Vegas and visited Gold and Silver Pawn shop of Pawn Stars fame.

Wanted to see them there, but it was a weekend. Saw some obvious family members though! haah

37. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Met, shook hands with, had a conversation with:

Country Music:

Willie Nelson
    Dwight Yoakam
    Restless Heart
    Michael Peterson
    Deryl Dodd
    Gary Morris

Comedian/Actor Mark Curry (from Hangin' with Mr. Cooper)
    Singer/Actor Mickey Dolenz (from The Monkees)

Actor William Shatner

NASCAR Drivers:

Dale Jarrett
    Mark Martin

There a lot more, but I don't consider it meeting them if I don't actually speak to them face to face.

38. strutzas profile image61
    strutzasposted 13 years ago

I meet Manny Pacquiao and he gives me his boxing short for a souvenir item.

39. FantasyGirl profile image57
    FantasyGirlposted 13 years ago

Many years ago I met LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge from Star Trek Next Generation) in a hotel restaurant.  The staff there were getting his autograph and sort of blocking the way out.  I was out my way out and he assumed I was with them and asked if I wanted his autograph.  I told him "no thank you."  He wasn't put off at all - he just smiled.

I recently met Alex and Simon McCord from The Real Housewives of New York.  They were both quite nice and let me take their photo.

40. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

Do New Zealand Prime Ministers count? smile

41. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I grew up in Campbeltown, Kintyre and so have met Paul McCartney's kids when they were kids - like Stella when she was about 12!
    I also drove a taxi on the night shift in Glasgow for nigh on 20 years and met very many famous people from television, but usually when they'd had a drink so they'll want to stay anonymous.
    The funniest one for me was when I took a band from the Hilton Hotel to the Barrowlands ( a well known venue for club artists) and I did not have a clue who they were. They said they were Black Grape and I told them I'd never heard of them, but would they care to sing a song from the back seat that I might know? LOL they were a bit angry that I didn't instantly know them. Actually I still don't but when we reached their venue we were mobbed by literally thousands of screaming fans. So they must have been famous - still scratching my head over that one!

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Izzy, everyone knows Black Grape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvuqgyKj5iM

42. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 13 years ago

I was working for SIR David Mays daughter and met Mike Gatten ? from cricket & Lady May while in Wales.

43. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

I have met most of the British Royal family at different times, the queen, Philip, Charles and Anne a few times - Andrew was stationed near me but obviously thought he was too good to go out on the pi@@ with me!  I have met many high  profile, low morals, politicians, including one in Magistrates court where we were both up for a bald tyre on our cars, I had one and he had four!  He had a nice little chat with his magistrate pal and was discharged - I got a 100 quid fine and a serious boll@@cking!  when I questioned the difference in our sentences I was threatened with a day in jail for contempt of court, as if it possible to have anything but contempt for them.

44. Bilaras profile image87
    Bilarasposted 13 years ago

Spider Man
    Godzilla
    Nemo

and many more.... I have met them all in fact they hang around on my bedroom wall.

45. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

I met Kitt from Night Rider at Universal Studios when I was a kid.  Pretty much the best day of my life.

46. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I met Marti Pellow from Wet Wet Wet one night, along with his gorgeous girlfriend....grrr! They were lovely but I'd have prefered to have met him on his own big_smile

47. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..I guess it depends on what someone's definition or perception of famous is...

48. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

Yes I have, you see all of us are famous in one way or another so I have met everyone of you via writing. smile

As for the other talented people in the World, Musicians, Actors, Actresses I have honestly met and do know a few, but they are just like us but there talent is different. smile

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To your second paragraph in particular: Yes, you are so right!

49. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 13 years ago

I've worked for several film and TV production companies, so I've obviously met many well known people.

One thing I generally notice; the established famous are some of the nicest people I've ever met. The newly famous, or striving to become famous, are often some of the most obnoxious people I've ever met.

50. Glimmer515 profile image60
    Glimmer515posted 13 years ago

I am a server in Vegas and because of that I have met alot of famous people, and you would be amazed at stars that dont tip well and ones that do. Paris Hilton is rude and cheap but I think one of the best tippers I have had is either John Stamos or Chelsea Handler and their both really nice. I have also been able to meet

The Beach Boys
    Courtney Kardashian
    Alice Cooper
    Vince Vauhn (not sure how u spell the last name)
    Wanda Sykes
    Britney Spears
    Bette Midler
    Wayne Brady
    Bon Jovi
    Jackie Jackson
    Waynes Brothers
    Shannon Elizabeth (who spent the whole night making out with her gross date at the table)
    so many more but thats all I think of right now....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)