Favorite Movie Villain?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (57 posts)
  1. kpfingaz profile image64
    kpfingazposted 16 years ago

Mines is the T-1000 as played by Robert Patrick in Terminator II: Judgement Day.

Whats yours? And make sure it can beat my villain in a fight. smile

1. mightyone profile image39
      mightyoneposted 16 years agoin reply to this

My favorite villian will remain Joker played by Jack - while he may not be able to beat T-1000 IN A FIGHT; but my guy Megatron from Transformers will be hard to beat KP...

kpfingazposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Ooooooh! I don't know about that...

2. Joelle Burnette profile image70
      Joelle Burnetteposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'd have to say the guy from the "Saw" movies. The guy who concocts all those horrible tortures. He's wicked to extreme and would sneak up to and trap the terminator guy before he even knew what happened.

3. hazelaries profile image60
      hazelariesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Definitely Sean Bean from The Hitcher. Jack Nicholson in The Shining. The killer from Untraceable. And the chick that plays Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix...she was insane looking.

4. TrinaLynne profile image70
      TrinaLynneposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Any villain played by Johnny Depp, he's the best villain. Oh, and of course the late Heath Ledger's Joker

2. profile image49
    Infinity2000posted 16 years ago

The late Heath Ledger's role as " The Joker" in the latest Batman's movie, "The Dark Knight"
    is superb and I think he deserved to be nominated as "Best Actor" or at least "Best Male Supporting Actor" in the coming 2008 Oscar contest. It will require a longer star search for an actor to reprise the role of The Joker as good as Heath in the next Batman movies to come in the future. This is solely my personal opinion for such a fine actor who died prematurely  before reaching his highest peak in his acting career.

1. Surgery Reality profile image56
      Surgery Realityposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yup, I'll have to agree with that one. May he R.I.P he was just about to blow up big time.

2. AngieRyan profile image59
      AngieRyanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's what they said about Jack Nicholson's Joker, yet Heath completely wiped him off the table. The Dark Knight gained a momentum when Heath Ledger passed (RIP) and that secured its position as the most commercially successful movie.

3. Drew Breezzy profile image63
      Drew Breezzyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

He was amazing in the movie!

3. dreamscaper profile image64
    dreamscaperposted 15 years ago

I am the one guy in North America who hasn't seen Dark Knight yet (just got back from my honeymoon in the Caribbean - and yes they had it playing there but I wasn't there for movies so...), so I would have to go with Kevin Spacey from the movie "The Usual Suspects."

Really hard to choose just one though - good forum topic, BTW.

kpfingazposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh, yeah... Keyser Soze?

Yeah, hard to choose just one but Robert Patrick as the T 1000 was crazy. Who doesn't remember that?

4. DJ Funktual profile image79
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

There can only be one answer here >>>  Darth Vader

A villain so great that they turned him into the hero!!!!!!

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Im with DJ on this Darth Vader Is an all timer !

1. Colebabie profile image61
        Colebabieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Skinny white guy with James Earl Jones' voice? Not scary to me smile I always think... "I AM MUFASA!"

5. darkside profile image59
    darksideposted 15 years ago

Boba Fett

6. rmr profile image68
    rmrposted 15 years ago

I'm pretty sure the Martians from Mars Attacks could kick the T-1000's behind. "Dak DAK DAAAK!"

How?

7. torino70 profile image60
    torino70posted 15 years ago

" bill the butcher" from gangs of new york?

Yeah, I wouldn't want to meet him.

2. Pete Maida profile image60
      Pete Maidaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's my choice also.  That was one nasty character.

8. Junkster profile image61
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

I'm going to have to go with Cyrus "The Virus" Grisson from Con Air.

The lines Malkovich had in that film were amazing and funny!

Yeah good one.

"Make a move and the bunny gets it."

9. torino70 profile image60
    torino70posted 15 years ago

what about mr. huxley from " Elmo in Grouchland"?

10. profile image50
    hem1234posted 15 years ago

I am from India and love indian songs. My favorite singer is from India and he is Late Kishore Kumar.

Villain of the thread!

11. profile image0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years ago

My favorite villain would be Riddick from Chronicles of Riddick.

He is a villain of sorts, and he rocks.

12. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 15 years ago

Hannibal Lector smile

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You said it.  He savored every kill.  He is the best.

13. profile image0
    fierycjposted 15 years ago

I would have to go with the villain in "NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN". I think the villain was at least realistic. Half the time hollywood makes phony movies, with phony villains (with the exception of the greats like Scorcese, Tarantino,etc). The thing also about the villain in NCFOM is that you could almost connect with him. I mean, if I ever was a killer I would like to be like that guy. I know it sounds crazy, but its true. One who never makes a big deal about any kill. Always calm as hell, too. So calm, is like he's operating under a spell of serenity or what not. The guy tosses coins on whether or not to let a guy live - that guy kills me everytime. Big ups to Coen brothers. No suprise, their winning Best Director Award and the movie winning Best Picture at the Oscars.

14. lisafwg01 profile image61
    lisafwg01posted 15 years ago

Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hanibal Lector is, in my opinion, the best screen villain, ever. Every beat, every nuance was played to perfection with just enough humanity added to the character that you could never completely hate or fear him although that is exactly how you SHOULD have felt about him.

Sheer genius!

15. lafenty profile image68
    lafentyposted 15 years ago

I would have to agree with Hannible Lector, although I would put Darth Vader at a close second.

16. profile image0
    Greta Lieskeposted 15 years ago

I love the White Witch from the newest movie adaptation of The Chronicles of Narnia. The costumes and makeup in that movie were out of this world.

17. trooper22 profile image59
    trooper22posted 15 years ago

Comic relief: the short guy that wouldn't die in Beyond Thunderdome.

Serious: Agent Smith in the Matrix trilogy.  Hugo Weaving is an extraordinary actor.  Not just for this part btw.

18. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

Since Hannibal Lecter has been mentioned, I'll go for Alan Bates (Psycho)  cool

Norman Bates?

1. Cris A profile image59
        Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh right! LOL alan bates i think is an actor! Thanks for the correction cool

No problem smile

19. Cris A profile image59

I'd like to add Alex Frost (Glen Close in Fatal Attraction) cool

20. Kudlit profile image62
    Kudlitposted 15 years ago

Lex Luthor

21. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 15 years ago

Scariest was Hannibal and funny was Lex.
    Personally nothing to beat Amrish Puri.

22. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 15 years ago

Couldnt sleep for weeks after Hannibal!
    Anything with Johnny Depp is worth a bumpy nights sleep though lol

23. Cris A profile image59

Does Reagan (Linda Blair) in The Exorcist count? cool

24. Sat3rn profile image59
    Sat3rnposted 15 years ago

I have to go with Tyler Durden from Fight Club. Nothing is as badass as creating underground terrorist cells, while not even existing. He would beat any other villain in a fist fight, hands down (or atleast the narrator would).

25. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 15 years ago

What about Kathy Bates In " MISERY " monsters never disturbed me , crazy people do .

26. Avilan713 profile image65
    Avilan713posted 15 years ago

Redrum, Redrum, Redrum...

Jack.. of course..  The Shining.. 

For years and years.. when I stayed in hotels I was so SCARED to venture out of my room late at night to go to the ice machine.. and don't let them put me in a room by any storage or steps.. I would FREAK!

27. profile image0
    Lady_Eposted 15 years ago

Van Diesel - Triple X

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I thought he was alot better In " Pitch Black "

28. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 15 years ago

This is a weird one, I know, but I loved Queen Narissa in Enchanted (both the cartoon and the real-life version).  She was funny and awful and artfully done.

29. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 15 years ago

Thanks, kpfingaz, for an interesting topic. There are so many really great villains to chose from...what a great idea for a hub.

30. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

That guy V in V for Vendetta lol he was a villain to the gov't but not the people big_smile n dang cute in his apron wink

31. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 15 years ago

Robert DeNiro, in Cape Fear, scared the crap out of me!!!!

32. spiderpam profile image71
    spiderpamposted 15 years ago

Shan Shuang of Mortal Kombat 1

33. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

Darth Maul lol Star Wars, man..he had one sexy bod tongue oops..hmm he was one bad guy tongue lol

34. spiderpam profile image71
    spiderpamposted 15 years ago

The Mummy from The Mummuy 1 and 2

35. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 15 years ago

I also like Patrick Bateman from "American Psycho".

36. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 15 years ago

...and Rutger Hauer in "The Hitcher".

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)