jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which one is the wiser in your family - your father or your mother ? How can you

1. Abhaque Supanjang profile image80
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

Which one is the wiser in your family - your father or your mother ? How can you say that ?

2. Aley Martin profile image76
    Aley Martinposted 6 years ago

Both were wise in their own way. Mum was wise about love and emotions. Dad was wise about life in general and intellectual ability. Wisdom is gleaned from our elders if we but give them the opportunity to share. There is much to be said about listening to those who have cleared the way before us.....and now I hope to be one of them.

3. DonDWest profile image60
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

I'm at the age now where I realize my parents are no longer Gods. I would say both my parents are extremely intelligent (in each their own ways), but neither are particularly wise.

My father is intelligent when it comes to math, engineering, memorizing information, and randomly fixing/putting things together.

My mother is intelligent in language and formal communication.

The reason why I say neither is particularly wise is because although both are extremely intelligent and have their abilities, they're not exactly open minded to new ideas, lack creativity, and they don’t exactly show the best tolerance toward people who are different than themselves. They also get into the habit of laying down judgment far too soon and don’t appreciate critical thinking. What can I say? They’re your parents, deal with it. . .

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

There are some people who see the world as it is, and accept that.  They will aid you in making the best decision for yourself.
    My Dad is like that.

Others are blinded by how they wish the world was, and will tell you what is best for you, based upon how it might effect them.  Those people tend to be selfish and manipulative.

5. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 6 years ago

my Dad is profound while my mother is really, super practical.. .
    when the had to argue on something my Mom always gives up for Dad is wiser hehe smile but I love the them so much whether they are smart, wise or not