jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What mistake can your son/daughter commit that you will find hard to forgive?

1. lorenmurcia profile image88
    lorenmurciaposted 6 years ago

What mistake can your son/daughter commit that you will find hard to forgive?

2. Hound Cat profile image60
    Hound Catposted 6 years ago

I have strong sentiments about the sanctity of life.  I would have a hard time forgiving any of my family having an abortion.

3. Don Fairchild profile image80
    Don Fairchildposted 6 years ago

When a child in their early development say things typical of the age, "You hate me! You like my brother better than me!".  A parent will tolerate and pacify this behavior at that time.
    But when this behavior persists for some forty years into middle age adulthood, with a violent separation of family ties, this behavior would be hard to forgive.
    Why anybody would carry a grudge for years with no attempt at a resolution is so hard to understand.

4. stars439 profile image72
    stars439posted 6 years ago

Good question. In life domestic problems happen, there are hardships , and a need for jobs, and incomes. Life is always some form of challenge as many people must deal with all types of shortages.

Most people are just plain human, and make mistakes. Our children are our flesh, and we usually love our children, and put up with all kinds of situations as they are growing up.

I could never feel bitterness toward my children, but I would always try to help them to understand mistakes if they ever had them.

God Bless You.

5. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 6 years ago

I don't think any mistake is hard to forgive. When we have children it is unconditionally, so our love should be unconditionally

6. cabmgmnt profile image85
    cabmgmntposted 6 years ago

My daughter is now 18 and I always had a hard time forgiving her if she lied to me. I feel that trust is one of the most important aspects of a relationship, including the relationship with your children.
    I had found alcoholic beverages in her room when she was 16 and she denied that they belonged to her. This was unbearable for me. So we had a talk. I spoke of the dangers of drinking and the fact that it is illegal to drink until she was 21. I know that many teenagers dabble with alcohol so I could handle that my daughter did, too, as long as she was honest about it and it didn't become a problem.
    Since that time I can only remember one occassion when she called me to pick her up from a party. As it turns out she wasn't the one consuming alcohol but the friend who was supposed to drive her home did. I picked her up and we found out that her friend totaled his car. He was not hurt. Her honesty on that night made up for the lie in the past.
    I am unaware of her lying to me since. She has come to me with many tough questions and shared her problems and secrets with me. I know I have instilled the value of honesty and it is heart warming to know she has heeded my advice.

working