How can we make a child get the best of its potentials in life?
Make sure they are well educated,and teach them that as long as they live an honest life they will go far.
1. Listen to your kids. Let them tell you about their dreams and what interests and excites them.
2. Make the most of opportunities. Don't sign your kid up for every sport and activity under the sun. Choose the ones that match their interests. That way they can see if they like something enough to pursue it more and don't get worn down and stressed out from being over-scheduled.
3. Let them try new things without making a huge long term commitment. Sign up for a 4-6 week class or join a club at school - low pressure ways of finding what they like and are good at.
4. Take advantage of the local library. I go once a week and check out books for my kids based on their interests or things they've asked about. Thanks to the library, my 14 year old son now has a big interest in particle physics!
5. Love them. All the time, no matter how well (or poorly) they do academically or athletically or artistically. Be their safe place, where they aren't judged by how they perform, but are loved because they are your child.
All any parent can do is to provide the best in educational and recreational opportunities they can, and to encourage the child. The child should be taught to express their individuality as much as possible, while still adhering to personal values, such as respect for others. Not all parents can afford the best, but to offer any opportunity available is important. I think that "encourage" is the operative word here.
Good question. I'd be reading the other answers here.
Here are some of my thoughts:
- Make sure that the child knows that he or she is very much loved.
- Praise the child's strengths and hone them.
- Encourage the child to improve his or her weaknesses.
- Let a child laugh at his or her own mistakes and learn from them.
- Be a good role model.
- Give quality education and provide positive recreational activities.
A young child is, indeed, a true scientist, just one big question mark. What? Why? How? I never cease to marvel at the recurring miracle of growth, to be fascinated by the mystery and wonder of this brave enthusiasm. Just be there and guide them.
Children, learn by example. Be a good role model, show them the right way and do your best always.
Provide them the best formal education there is. Then supplement schooling with realities of life, that is expose them to everything there is. Teach them personal responsibility and accountability. Prepare them to be "street smart". Build their confidence in everything they do everyday. A smart and confident child has a better success in life..
I think that caring for them and being there for them goes a long way
you really can't all you can do is offer positive guidance and help when they need it. being there for your kids is so important.
A parent that doesn't try to live through their child. Treat each child as a separate individual, who has their own interests and talents. It's very important to hone on them, and support him. Also, acknowledge each child matures and grows in their time, of course with our support. We need to let them learn from their mistakes, and don't do things for them. Being a good listener, talk to your children, and be honest. Develop at a early age family meetings (just to talk), or special movie nights (can be anything). This shows the child or children that the parents care about each other and the family unit.
Funny I wrote a hub similar to this question but in the direction of the parents, well to increase their chances for a greater potential in life. You can simply raise them fairly, care for them, & most of all be a responsible parents in dealing with their education and the nurturing process overall.
There's loads of answers that can fit this particular question, because it takes a great deal of time & energy to raise children properly. On the flip side you can waste a lot of it doing all the wrong things like setting bad examples and all.
Affirmation is key. A very affirming atmosphere would help boost one's capacity to maximize his/her potentials.
Provide a good example and set reasonable and challenging expectations on them to motivate them to do their best and try as hard as they can. Help them learn important values and to develop good habits that will later on serve them well in life.
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 years ago
If YOU were wealthy, would YOU FINANCIALLY support your children in adulthood orencourage THEM to make THEIR own way in life?
by Grace Marguerite Williams2 months ago
NEVER to have children? Not every woman was meant to be a mother. There are some women who do not a maternal instinct. Yes, there are women who are quite happy without children. They have...
by Crissylite5 years ago
What makes someone your BFF(Best Friend Forever)?As an adult, do you still have the same best friends?
by Danielle Lopez4 years ago
Is it responsible to have a large number of children?I've been watching TLC's "19 Kids and Counting" and have been debating on whether or not it's responsible to have so many children. What are some of your...
by nikitha p7 years ago
how can I a best mother?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.