jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

It's hard to be a single parent?

1. Luti Febrian W profile image40
    Luti Febrian Wposted 6 years ago

It's hard to be a single parent?

im a single parent for my son, Exsa. He didn't know and never meet his dad.
    it's not a big deal for me, I can afford him, and he still wealth and healthy till now even he didn't have a daddy around him.
    and I liked to know and shares about being a single parent, for the other person, different gender, different country. maybe will be a different stories.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6115425_f260.jpg

2. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

it can be. I'm a single parent so to speak. My sons father doesnt live with me, and only visits him occasionally, so it can be hard. I'm working on growing my two businesses, so one day I can have something to pass on to him. There are good days, and then there are bad days. But overall, I'm loving this job, and I love the fact that my opinion is the only one that matters.

3. profile image0
    SarahBodoposted 6 years ago

You are not alone. Yes, it can be hard to be a single parent. My daughter, aged 6, doesn't know her father either, and hey, she is asking! The man is just not interested. You need to accept first of all that, you cannot change that, and move forward. Make sure you talk to your child POSITIVELY, even about the father, but make sure you only tell the truth. All the best dear. You can visit my hubs later, I have one about single mothers. http://sarahbodo.hubpages.com/hub/momsingle

4. Luti Febrian W profile image40
    Luti Febrian Wposted 6 years ago

dear Jessi10: thanks to shared. glad to knowing that every single parent almost feeling what i felt. it's hard and need some positive state of mind. thanks a lot my dear.

dear SaraBodo: yes my son maybe will asking someday, but i try hard to find and meet him to my son. thanks and i'll on my way to your hubpages

5. danajconnelly profile image69
    danajconnellyposted 6 years ago

I can honestly say that a benefit of being a single parent is that you don't run any interference. My married friends argue so much with their spouse about discipline and being undermined or made the villain.

6. Capedium profile image76
    Capediumposted 6 years ago

Never being a single parent.. I pray I don't have to .. The truth... It is hard as in difficult.. One shouldn't pass through that...

7. Single With Kids profile image60
    Single With Kidsposted 5 years ago

I have to say I love being a single parent. I've a fabulous relationship with my girls and I really do believe that with enough love, time and attention there's no reason you can't raise happy and balanced children.  There are plenty of things we parents feel guilty about - raising children is one of the hardest things we ever do - but I truly believe that our family circumstances shouldn't be one of these. Kids adapt, a happy loving single parent is much more likely to raise a happy loving child than married, arguing parents.

working