jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you believe that a child's behavior is a direct reflection of a parent's styl

1. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that a child's behavior is a direct reflection of a parent's style of parenting?

Or is it just not that simple?

2. mackyi profile image64
    mackyiposted 6 years ago

I have no doubt that parenting styles can profoundly affect a child's behavior negatively or positively. To support my point of view, I highly recommend that you read my hub on " Relationship Issues - Can Early Infant- Parent Attachment Styles Affects Adults' Relationship ?"

3. rahul0324 profile image83
    rahul0324posted 6 years ago

indeed parental style has the most direct influence on the behavior and personality of a child. One can clearly notice that strict and unresponsive parenting gives rise introverts and shy children where as moderate strictness and openness in parenting styles infuse lots of confidence and open gates to other life skills,,,

4. liftandsoar profile image80
    liftandsoarposted 5 years ago

Yes, but fortunately it is only one of many factors that shape our children's personality and ultimately each must assume responsibility for his own character.  Take it from a loving but less than perfect granddad.

5. momster profile image60
    momsterposted 5 years ago

I have to say yes to this. I also believe that children learn some of their traits from the time they are in the womb. I have seen this in all my children. The things I did when I was pregnant has relflected on their personalities and behaviors.

6. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

A parent's style of parenting a child/children has a prominent underlying affect on the latter. However, a parent's parenting style is not the only component that influences a child's behavior. There are other subsets of factors which influence a... read more

7. sassydee profile image75
    sassydeeposted 5 years ago

of course but not only the parenting style as well as their actions and behavior their children most likely will pick up!

8. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

yes, definitely! The way i teach my children, my bad habits turn out in their behaviors! Hence, parents just made another copy of themselves in their children. Therefore, we should never transfer our bad habits to our children, only the good ones.