jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What do you do when you have been caught lying?

1. Time2Spare profile image60
    Time2Spareposted 5 years ago

What do you do when you have been caught lying?

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Curse myself and tell the truth. Normally I learn from it and become more descriptive or showy the next time.

3. profile image73
    win-winresourcesposted 5 years ago

Hello Time-

Don't lie in the first place - ever.  Then you don't get caught or have to remember what you lied.  When you lie, you devalue the person you are lying to and yourself.

This includes:  all lies, white, little, innocuous and otherwise.

Think of the time you can save...

4. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

I usually apologize and explain my reasons for lying.  I try to lie as little as possible but when I do I like to come clean.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I fess up and eat my humble pie. Fortunately, I've learned my lessons and rarely fib unless it is an excuse to beg off an invitation I'm not keen on.

6. Time2Spare profile image60
    Time2Spareposted 5 years ago

Thanks guys for the honest answers. I too don't like to lie. Who does as a matter of fact.
    But I am sure, there is a point in everyone's life where one must have lied. Maybe a lie to make someone else happy. You know, the unintentional lie.
    I have lied a few time too, and been caught lying. But then I do give my reasons as to why i did it and then am forgiven.

7. LongTimeMother profile image95
    LongTimeMotherposted 5 years ago

I encourage responsible parents to teach their children to tell lies as part of their self-protection strategy. Telling lies might help save your child's life. Here's why I support kids telling lies. read more

8. Radikum profile image60
    Radikumposted 5 years ago

You know how they say "Violence begets more Violence;" well "Lies beget even bigger Lies." LOL! Most people would like to believe they would come clean (a lot of delusional people out there), but the reality of it is people tend to walk the line between truth and deception so easily, that the latter becomes almost second nature. I personally can attest that, cause I've tried living solely in both realms and have found it difficult within them both; however, I will say, at the end of the day, the truth eases your mind and heart, allowing you freedom from a lot of things. Anyway, when I used to lie a lot, I would go Homer Simpson on them and be like "DOH!"

9. Kimberly Vaughn profile image84
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 5 years ago

I am honest to a fault. But, if I make a mistake I admit it, do my best to fix it, and move on.