What demands most of your time besides your job?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (16 posts)
  1. rutley profile image64
    rutleyposted 11 years ago

What demands most of your time besides your job?

kids/family, animals, hobbies.......

2. nasus loops profile image65
    nasus loopsposted 11 years ago

My second job of mother, then a close third as a wife takes up all my spare time after my employed job. I would imagine most women will say the same!

1. LauraGT profile image86
      LauraGTposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep, kids, house, husband (in a good way!)  Spare time??  Well, I have mastered multi-tasking. My favorite evening, after-the-kids-are-in-bed activity right now is talking a walk around the neighborhood, while reading!  Until the sun goes down!

3. Precious Pearl profile image75
    Precious Pearlposted 11 years ago

My daughter, my relationship with the Lord and my ministry requires the majority of my time.  Loving life is a priority and that means a life of balance.  The job comes secondary for me even though my job is actually with a ministry as well.

4. whittwrites profile image85
    whittwritesposted 11 years ago

Currently I am under employed so I spend a good majority of my time surfing the web filling out job applications or going out to places and submitting resumes.  I sure hope the economy improves soon. LOL

5. profile image0
    april hollandposted 11 years ago

Most definitely my children!!  And the dogs too....

6. sarahcherbert profile image59
    sarahcherbertposted 11 years ago

My daughter and husband. I also try to spend some time by myself at least once a week because it is easy to be too busy for yourself smile

7. Sunflower Lex profile image59
    Sunflower Lexposted 11 years ago

Most of my time is spent with the amazing animals in my house. I have four chickens, a one-eyed cat, a husky puppy and a scrappy boyfriend. I listen to a lot of music and I attempt to work on my novel. I practice singing a lot and when I have the energy I chill with cool people either at the crib, havin a few drinks or at karaoke at the bar. Basically contemplating life with fellow star children. Meditating with gorgeous crystals and intoxicating incense. Chillin out in the back yard or down by the creek at the end of the road, enjoying nature such as the wind whispering through the trees and water flowing over and down the sides of rocks..

8. sassydee profile image68
    sassydeeposted 11 years ago

my kids and my significant other but then again this is basically my job oh and school!

9. e.a gonzales profile image40
    e.a gonzalesposted 11 years ago

I'm a full time mom right now and its demands all my time and effort taking ood care of my 1 year old daugther and of course I need to take good care of my partner's need too. But I love doing it because I love every single moments we spend together.

10. CWanamaker profile image95
    CWanamakerposted 11 years ago

Outside of work my kids and housework/projects take up most of my time.

11. Lyn Diano profile image39
    Lyn Dianoposted 11 years ago

My work is online-based and I see so many great things on the internet that I would like to do.. especially when it's something of great use.. and yes, you may have guessed it--i check these ideas on Pinterest (everyday)  ^___^
    So when I'm not working and I still have extra time after I do the daily chores, I would try to do some crafts. I'm also practicing yoga meditation on a daily basis. So basically, my life is centered on yoga, work, and doing chores. ^___^

12. Recently Awakened profile image60
    Recently Awakenedposted 11 years ago

That would be more of a who than a what questions. My children don't actually demand my time, but they do receive it. I am glad to give it to them!

13. omo daddy profile image73
    omo daddyposted 11 years ago

I think motherhood and 'wifehood' take up more of my time than my job actually. Can't wait for my son to start primary school, maybe, just maybe, then, I would be able to dedicate as much time as I want to my job (writing).

14. bethperry profile image84
    bethperryposted 11 years ago

It changes over time, but right now it is my children and I imagine until they leave home their needs will come first with my time.

15. Handicapped Chef profile image68
    Handicapped Chefposted 11 years ago

My family I really have a lot of things on my plate with me being handicapped I also take care of me and my wife and kids plus my parents who are both married again, But I would not change nothing for the world ....My business I love what I do so its not a job to me I can't wait to get started each and everyday. I moved my family onto my land into there own places and things are working great ......Plus I truly believe what do not kill you will only make you stronger ....God is good all the time he gave me a great family that loves each other plus he gave us a bond that will last a life time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)