jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

As a child, what were your parents like?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

As a child, what were your parents like?

2. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

My father was solid, hard-working, easy-going, and rational;
    my mother was selfish, self-centered, and immature.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Both of my parents were very loving and loved me without question.  Unfortunately, they both were alcoholics so it wasn't a great time in my life.  They both died, one when I was 8, the other when I was 15.

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

As a child..........I simply can not say.........there are many unanswered questions........as time goes by, so do the chances of finding those answers.    My Mother is recently deceased.......we barely made our amends............we did not get the time or opportunity to delve into the "self" of the matters.

My Dad and I have faired a bit better..........still, there are things that a woman finds it difficult to ask of her Dad.

I can tell you this................though my Grandparents ( who reared me) were STRICT, hardworking, self-sufficeint, self-providing and Demanding...........they were also kind, loving, encouraging and passionate.  When I think of my childhood days, it will always be the faces of my beloved Grandparents that I see before me.

My parents were too busy with themselves and the 60's, to worry about the children that they had procreated.

Though, I will say, that my Dad, has been one fantastic Grandpa!

5. KristenN4Boys profile image68
    KristenN4Boysposted 5 years ago

My father was laid back, hard working, loving, quiet around strangers, but actually quite funny.

My mother was also loving, but suffered from depression, was paranoid about everything (including thunderstorms turning into tornadoes and taking our house away).

I adored my parents, had a great childhood, but looking back, my dad was the foundation. He's the one that kept our family grounded. Since his passing, our family has lost it's foundation and fallen apart.

6. BSloan profile image75
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

My father was an absentee father who left our family when I was nine.  My mother was strong, hard working and to this day is my best friend.  I love her dearly for the sacrifices she made for my brother and I while we were growing up.  Although she raised us by herself we had a wonderful normal childhood.  Thanks Mom!wink

7. ParagonHRS profile image61
    ParagonHRSposted 5 years ago

They were both terribly embarrassing, still love them though!

working