jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Would u approve of your 13 or 14 years old kid dating?

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 7 months ago

Would u approve of your 13 or 14 years old kid dating?

1. Young teen dating is just a major waste of time
    2. Unlike adults, children that age usually don't have the maturity to prioritize the more important thing over dating or frequently dating become a distraction (e.g. girls pretending to be dumb and get bad grades on purpose, for a boy she like, is one of the best example) If I got a kid that age and he/she is caught dating, I would literally smack that kid yelling "I SEND U TO THAT SCHOOL TO LEARN YOUNG LADY!!! NOT TO DATE!!!" (I was one of those boys, lots of boy crazy girls like, in my teen, but I never did teen dating)

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 months ago

No, that is too young.
    High schools are segregating 9th grade (14 year old) girls because the majority of pregnancies are these girls seduced/raped by 16-18 year old boys. They don't know the danger signs, they don't understand what is going on, they are afraid to say no if uncomfortable.
    So no, a girl that age should not be dating, not even if he is her age.
    They can socialize as part of a group as long as they are not pairing off.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 7 months agoin reply to this

A+

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 7 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13699995_f260.jpg

No, however teens will date and "make-out" whether their parents approve or not. Most "first loves" are in teenage years!
    Oftentimes it's two friends going to meet some boys or girls at the mall or wherever. Their parents aren't going to stop them from having same sex friends. Teens will lie about their plans.
    I agree with you that teenagers are immature and they lack the capacity to think about anything beyond "right now" nor possible long-term consequences due to their actions.
    Nevertheless (they) see themselves as being "adults" who must handle their own issues in life. Generally teens and parents live in "parallel universes" which only intersect when trouble arises.
    Most parents will never know about their child's "first kiss" or the day they lost their virginity. Teens sneak around parental rules.

1. profile image60
      peter565posted 7 months agoin reply to this

That is why if I got teen daughter, I am sending her to do middle school in Asia, school over there, punish kids under 16 for dating. (and not just detention.)

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 7 months agoin reply to this

In many states in the U.S. we have the death penalty but people still kill each other.
      Just because schools in Asia punish teens for dating doesn't mean teens won't take the risk. Lawbreakers don't expect to get caught!

3. profile image60
      peter565posted 7 months agoin reply to this

When I was in middle school there was these 2 kids who got caught for dating, They both got a formal warning (3 warning = expel) detention and that was also still the days where teachers are allow to hit students. It wasn't pretty

working