- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Glassware Baking Dish Used For Baking
Glassware Baking Dish Used For Baking
Pyrex or Corningware as a brand for glassware baking dish is used for baking specifically. I have a pair of this baking glassware dish and I used it for baking or cooking casseroles mainly like desserts, cassava cake, pasta -- like lasagna. I like it as you can see the color crystal clear of the food you are cooking, and aside from that glassware are popular because it is more non sticky and easy to clean afterwards. You can immediately check the food you are baking as it doesn't stick.
Our ancestors have been using glassware even before the use of modern utensils for baking, and this is term as glassware baking dish. My mother has a collection of different sizes -- the Pyrex one. This is also good as a gift to give a newly wed couple as they will appreciate it more. It is also good for those who are living alone, -- one piece is enough for your baking needs or of you have a family, buy the different sizes for the glassware baking dish.
This glassware baking dish is used mainly for baking and not for stove top. It can also be used for microwave purposes.
Safety Precautions When Handling the Glassware Baking Dish For Baking
- Since it is hot, you should make sure that you have a baking gloves as you might have accidents and burn your hands or be scalded. it absorbs heat faster and longer like ordinary pans which we are using.
- Use spatula with the glassware when you turn the food you are baking, so that it will not stick the food you are baking.
- Be sure to buy the one which is tempered meaning it is specifically for oven heating
- Since it is easier to wash after you're done with baking and you can see clearly what you are cooking, whether they have browned already or not, glassware is good
- Just set the cooking temperature to less than 25 F when you bake with glassware as it holds the hot temperature more.
- The ingredients usually when you bake and use this glassware baking dish doesn't overflow so this is good
- Glassware baking dish comes with different sizes and shapes as well but I have one oval and rectangular in shape.
- Before you put the glassware baking dish into the oven wipe it first to remove the moist and it should not be straight form the ref, it should be at room temperature.
- Always put the glassware baking dish in the middle of oven when baking
- Be careful in handling it as you might drop the glassware dish and it will break as opposed to metal pans which doesn't break
- The metal pans is prone to burning than the glassware baking dish and that is a good advantage
- The glassware baking dish is advantageous as it cools down in lesser time even when you remove it from the oven it is still hot and can absorb heat for longer time. It also heats up slowly that is why it is advisable for slow cooking. Best for casseroles too.
- Must Have Cooking Utensils for Single Households
Yes, even if you are single and living alone, you still need cooking appliances and cooking utensils, because you still eat (that's a given) and at times you can't go out because of the weather and you need...
- Stir Fry Brown Rice Preparation Technique
Rice is the staple food of more than fifty percent of the world population. I grew up eating brown rice specifically as it is more healthier. In the preparation of stir fry brown rice with veggies, it is best...
- Cooking Techniques in Noodle Soup
Cooking Techniques in Noodle Soups. Cooking noodles is as easy as it gets. You can cook it while sitting watching TV and/or doing other things. I prefer to cook noodles the natural way than buying it because...
- Healthy Preparation of Cold Fruit Salad
Like I always say, summer time is fun time and while enjoying summer activities and the fruits, flowers and vegetables are fresher than ever people like to eat fruits and vegetables during summer. Fruit salad...
- Preparing Fresh Fruits for Smoothies : Vegetable and Fruit Smoothies
it is summertime, fun time again and as it gets very hot all people in the households are all waiting for smoothies to be served. Smoothies gets children going and it is one way of making them eat healthy...
- The Basic Of Meat Stew :: Techniques in Stewing Meat :: Pork and Beef Stew
Stewing meat is just simply boiling it or simmering the meat with low temperature cooking. Meat stew as in pork or beef stew is just cooking meat with simmering technique of cooking meat using low temperature...
- Low Temperature Roasting For Flavorful Meat
Roasting like grilling and barbecuing is as old as our forefathers. It has been practiced by people since the start of civilization. They just use open fire roasting specially in the open fields where they...
- Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue
Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue Technique. It is summertime in the Western world and we are off to a hot summer. The sweltering heat of the sun makes for a dip at the swimming pool and a good barbecue...
- Techniques in Cooking Dried Beans
Beans is defined as any of various leguminous plants. Beans belong to the genus Phaseolus such as the "common bean plus the runner bean, and the related genus Vigna" of the family of pea. Examples of beans...
- Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob
Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob. It is very easy to cook -- grill and boil corn and you can master it in simple steps. The basic of grilling and boiling the corn comes with a fresh corn to...
- List of Healthy Cooking Oils
Well, cooking oil which contains fat can be healthy too. Fat as a nutrient is needed by the body but should not be taken in excess amount because it is bad to the overall health. Excessive use of it is the...
- Fish Grilling Techniques
Fish Grilling techniques. It is summertime, fun time, summer outdoor grilling is an activity we never fail to do, and grilling fish is a superb activity because fish is healthy and nutritious. In fact,...
- Basic Baking Techniques and Preparations for Beginners
Yes of course, you can, just learn the basic and trust your judgement, plus you need to learn the basic baking techniques and preparation for beginners. At first don't be frustrated by the outcome of your...
- Techniques in Making Hot Chili Sauce
There are many chili hot sauce and many variants which are available in the local supermarkets from jalapenos, Heinz chili tomato sauce (not so chilly) and lots of South East Asian variants of hot chili...