Cauliflower (Gobi) Paratha
We North Indians especially from states of Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh love to eat paranthas. The paranthas can be without any stuffing or can have stuffing of potatoes, cauliflower, raddish, peas, cheese to name a few. Here I am presenting a recipe of cauliflower parantha commonly known as gobi or gobhi parantha. The Gobhi parantha is usually served with little butter on the top along with mango or lemon pickle. Usually people prefer to have tea with this paranthas. As you can see from the picture they are mouth watering. Again the ingredients are easy to get and are cheap and can be easily brought from store near by or online
- 1. Wheat flour: 3 cups.
- 2. Oil: 3 Tbsp.
- 3. Carom Seeds ( Ajwain): 2 Tsp.
- 4. Salt: according to taste.
- 5. Water: warm as required.
- Cauliflower: 3 cups grated.
- Ginger paste: 1 Tsp.
- Green chilies: 3 finely chopped.
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
- Fennel seeds: 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder: 1 Tsp.
- Garam Masala: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp.
- Dry mango powder ( Amchoor): ½ Tsp.
- Fresh Coriander leaves: finely chopped 2 Tsp.
- Salt: To taste
- Oil: 2 Tsp.
- In a big mixing bowl add flour whet, carom seeds, oil and salt.
- Mix till the oil is well incorporated in the dry flour.
- Add a little warm water at one time and knead to smooth paste. Add more water if needed.
- Cover it with wet cloth and let it rest for atleast half an hour.
- In a heavy base pan heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, ginger paste and chopped green chilies and sauté for 15 seconds.
- Now add the grated cauliflowers and mix well.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, garam Masala powder and salt. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now uncover and cook on high while stirring continuously till all the moisture is evaporated.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Divide the flour dough in to 9 equal parts and make them in to balls.
- Now dive the stuffing in 9 parts.
- Roll the first ball of dough and with help of rolling pin, roll it in to 6 inch circle.
- Dust with dry wheat flour.
- Now place one portion of the stuffing in the centre of the rolled dough and then pull edges around the filling, so as to completely seal the filling from all sides.
- Now with the rolling pin flatten this stuffed dough in to a 6 inch disc shape. Use dry flour to dust.
- Now heat I tsp of oil in a pan and put this rolled dough on it.
- Apply 1 tsp of oil on top of dough.
- Cook for couple of minutes and turn over the dough.
- Cook for 1 minute and flip again.
- Cook it till it is totally cooked and golden brown spots appear on the dough.
- Remove from pan and do same with remaining dough and stuffing.
- Serve hot with butter on top and with yogurt.
More Yummy Vegetarian Recipes
- Gobhi Pakora: Cauliflower Pakora
Gobhi pakoras are deep fried cauliflower florets. They are very tasty to eat and easy to make. One of the favorite of children & I loved eating it even today. Deep fried with besan they taste heavenly
- Gobi Manchurian Dry
Gobi manchurian is Indian Manchurian for vegetarians.Even though its called dry but it use lots of oil. Deep fried and tasty yummy. This is tasty & healthier than meat one. Try it, it is easy to make
- Gobi Manchurian No Frying
Gobi manchurian is Indian Manchurian for vegetarians. Usually manchurian use lots of oil but we made this one in just 1 Tsp of oil. This is tasty & healthier than meat one. Try it, it is easy to make
- Aloo Gobi Curry
Aloo gobi is one of the most popular combo in north indian kitchen and every house hold has their own favorite recipe. I tried this because this recipe reminded me of friend and childhood picnics .
- Aloo Gobhi Recipe
Aloo Gobi is made with potatoes, cauliflower, and a great blend of spices. Aloo Gobi can be served with various breads, such as rotis, parathas, and puris. Aloo gobhi is liked by kids a lot. Try it.
- Crispy Arbi.
Crispy arbi, indian cooking, how to cook crisy colocasia, tasty arbi dish, colocasia cooked, healthy cooking with colocasia, no oil cooking, cooking with arbi, arbi ki sabji, how to cook arbi vegetabl