- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Soya Pulao Recipe
You can Rate me
Most of the masala rice recipe contains onion and garlic as it’s an ingredient. But this Soya pulao which is spicy (If you want to add more spices you can) and same time is pure vegetarian (some people include onion-garlic as non-veg spice).Every Friday I thought what new to cook , because this is the Veg-Day for us.So I see the recipe in a cooking show hosted by Sanjeev Kapoor and instantly try at home.It is a very less time consuming, healthy and delicious dish which no longer needed any side dish too.Though one can try it with Aloo Dumwale / mixed vegetable or Some Chicken/Mutton Dishes.
More Vegetable Recipes ...
- Mixed Vegetable Makhni Recipe
- Aloo Dumwale Recipe | Creamy Potatoes Recipe
- Green Peas Masala Recipe | A Perfect Side Dish for C...
- Creamy Green Peas Recipe | Green Peas Recipe | How t...
- Navaratan Korma Recipe
- Paneer (Cottage cheese) in Hot Garlic Sauce Recipe
- Dhokar Dalna Recipe | A lesson in Lentil Cakes | Spe...
- Vegetable Fried Ball Recipe : Nutritional Indian Sna...
What you Need ...
- 1 and 1/2 cup Soya nuggets, socked
- 1 and 1/4 cups Basmati Rice, socked
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 medium Tomamo, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- to taste Salt
- pinch of Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cashew Nut
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp Almond nuts
- Mix together soya nuggets, 1 cup water and salt in a bowl and cook in a microwave for 2-3 mins.Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and saute till light brown.Add the soya nuggets and fry for a while.Add the cashew, almond and raisins.
- Drain and add the basmati rice and mix.Add Turmeric powder,red chili powder,coriander powder,garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add tomato,green peas,coriander leaves, salt and sugar.mix well.
- Add 2 and 1/2 cup water and mix well.Cover the cooker and cook till 2-3 whistles are given out.Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 mins.Open the cooker when pressure reduce completely and serve hot.
Calories in Homemade Soya Pulao
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||189|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 21 g||32%|
|Carbohydrates 45 g||15%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 8 g||32%|
|Protein 28 g||56%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 275 mg||11%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|