Easy Appetizer Recipes with Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms ready for company
Appetizer Recipes for Stuffed Mushrooms
It is often difficult to find the perfect recipe for stuffed mushrooms. If you love mushrooms you will love this easy recipe. The mushrooms are lovely to serve to family and friends whether they are vegetarians or still enjoy eating animal protein. These tasty mushrooms make an easy and filling lunch or appetizer for dinner. We always have a box of fresh mushrooms in the house. Mushrooms are filled with vitamins and minerals--just an added incentive to try them.
Cook Time for Mushrooms
Some of the Ingredients
Ingredients For Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 medium size Mushrooms
- 1/3 CUp Olive oil
- Two cups Cooked brown rice
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Grated cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon each Tarragon, oregano, garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Stuffed Mushrooms
- Wash and dry the mushrooms thoroughly and remove the stems.
- Chop the stems in small pieces
- Cook the brown rice according to directions and allow to cool.
- Mix the brown rice with the sour cream, spices and salt and pepper. Don't forget to add the chopped stems.
- Mix the cheese into the rice mixture thoroughly.
- Stuff the mushrooms and pack well with the mixture and put on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake the mushrooms at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven for your perfect stuffed mushrooms.
Other Vegetarian Recipes
Vegetarian Stuff Mushrooms
Get Creative with Other Ingredients
You can get very creative with stuffed mushrooms. Try some of these different ingredients. YOu may have some of these ingredients around the house and this is a good way to use them.
Cook up a batch of any ground beef, pork, lamb or even turkey. Add your favorite seasonings to the different meats. Make sure to some cheese to hold the meat together. Maybe you have some left over rice, couscous or even quinoa and these also will make a great stuffing for your mushrooms. Go Italian and cook up some Italian sausage and add a little tomato sauce with lots of oregano and basil and you have Italian stuffed mushrooms.
Another great idea is to pureer some left over veggies you may have and add them to the mixture. Remember to add a bit of olive oil to hold them together.
Whatever wild and interesting idea you have-go for it.
- Ground beef
- Ground pork
- Different cheeses
- Bulgar wheat
- Wild rice mixture
Whatever ingredients you select there are easy recipes for stuffed mushrooms.
Try These Other Recipes
- Shrimp Cocktail Recipe: Fast and Easy
Shrimp cocktails are easy to make and a real family and friend pleaser. Always keep a bag of pre-cooked shrimp in your freezer.
- Easy Shrimp Recipes
Make a savory shrimp wrap for a great lunch or dinner. These wraps are easy to fix and need just a few ingredients.
- Easy Appetizer Recipes: Mozzarella Cheese
This easy marinated cheese recipe is delicious for appetizers or salads. It takes just minutes to fix and looks very impressive.
- Mini Hot Dogs Recipe
These mini hot dogs are a great favorite with many people. Serve them up at your Super bowl party or any old time. Try the different sauces.
- Easy Vegetarian Recipes With Bread
For vegetarians who stick to their no meat eating principles these sandwiches are delicious and nutritious. Filled with nutritious ingredients and easy on the pocketbook.
- Taco Recipes: Rolled Up Chicken Tacos
Almost everyone loves tacos and chicken makes them extra healthy. Tacos are easy to make for a quick dinner.