Pizza Hut or Dominoes? Which is your favourite?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 94 discussions (136 posts)
  1. footynut profile image60
    footynutposted 15 years ago

Pizza Hut or Dominoes? Which is your favourite?

1. The Real Tomato profile image67
      The Real Tomatoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Pizza Hut has better pizza for your money but my favorite is Jo Jo's Pizza Kitchen ( in California). Fresh homemade family recipe using FRESH ingredience and pasta dishes are excellent, worth every penny!

http://www.jojospizza.com/

2. Drew Breezzy profile image62
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The hut but Dominoes has the better prices

3. geminimoon profile image59
      geminimoonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pizza Hut makes the best pizza!

4. Mr. Technocrat profile image56
      Mr. Technocratposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pizza Hut Pan Pizza crust is the BEST I've ever found--it's buttery flavor makes all the other brands taste like the flour and water pastes we used to use in grade school.

However, while I was once a fan of the Pizza Hut buffet, a year ago the buffet was drastically reduced in size at my Pizza Hut.  So now the buffet has only a few pizza choices, and is out of pizza more often than not.  My wife and I used to go weekly, but no more.

On the other hand, my wife thinks that Pizza Hut creamy Italian dressing is the best that ever was.  No matter how many store brands she's tried, and no matter how many recipes off the internet she's tried, none can hold a candle to Pizza Hut's Italian!

5. carolegalassi profile image60
      carolegalassiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Neither, its Round Table for me...........fantastic!!!!!!!!!

6. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hut!! but I like Papa John's the best!

7. renee21 profile image78
      renee21posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I used to love Pizza Hut, but I can't eat there anymore because I can't eat wheat.  But, Dominoes makes gluten free pizza, though it's not my favorite.  I like Herb & Fire Pizzaria's gluten free pizza better.

2. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

Has to be Pizza hut, if only for the buffet, cheap as chips!

Dominoes is crazy expensive

3. TravelMonkey profile image62
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

Yeah Pizza Hut for me, a true test for your stomach's capacity

4. footynut profile image60
    footynutposted 15 years ago

Ye I'm a big fan of the pizza hut buffet. The only problem is every time I have the buffet I eat far too much and end up feeling sick! Dominoes is quite expensive unless you have vouchers. If its buy one get one free its not too bad. I still prefer Pizza Hut though!

5. bill komissaroff profile image82
    bill komissaroffposted 15 years ago

I'll go with C. None of the above.

There is MUCH better pizza out there than either of those two relatively lame franchises.

6. ChrisSnil profile image60
    ChrisSnilposted 15 years ago

Pizza Hut every time - the buffet is a bargain smile

7. WeddingConsultant profile image67
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

Wow, I'm 100% with Dominos.

I would never eat at Pizza Hut due to fear of getting an immediate grease-induced heart attack. And for a long time their crust was pre-made (not fresh, hand tossed).

The only things Pizza Hut does right is the buffet and the stuffed crust pizza. Even then, though, the grease amounts are just deplorable.

And as far as price is concerned, it must be regional because the price difference between the two is comparable. Naturally, as footynut noted, the "Two for Tuesdays" deal is fantastic (maybe only available in the US?).

8. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

You guys should consider making your own pizza  big_smile

1. everyday health profile image60
      everyday healthposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you. I love making pizza for my kids and using all the healthy ingredients.wink

2. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was sooo gunna say hthat. I dont have a buffet in my local Pizza Hut and thier pizza is disgusting. I always make my own!!!

9. kiwi91 profile image64
    kiwi91posted 15 years ago

Domino's would be a last resort for me, and Pizza Hut I've only tried once. Based on that, I think I'd starve first before trying it again! The garlic taste lasted for 3 days... I remember complaining about it to everyone. I'm a local pizza place kind of guy 100%, especially greasy bar pizza. It might be just as bad as for you as Pizza Hut, but it's got heart. The one good thing I have to say about Dominos is that it always tastes the same, even overseas. There's never any surprise when you eat it.

10. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

To be fair I was picking Pizza hut as it was the only optioon but even then the bottom of their pizzas look like they've been sat in a deep fat fryer for half an hour.

There's plenty more authentic and better tasting pizzas from other places like in our town there is a takeaway that uses traditional stone bake ovens and their pizzas beat all, they're a bit pricey buit it's well known that it's totally worth it!

Also Mark's got the right idea,, making your own is so much more satisfying, as you can put exactly what you want on it, how many times have you ordered or bought one and had to spend a good few minutes painstakingly picking all the little onions/chillis/sweetcorn?

Sweetcorn is my enemy big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mine is mushrooms. smile Those disgusting little grey slimy things that all the pizza delivery places insist on hiding under great globs of cheese just to annoy me........

11. marisuewrites profile image58
    marisuewritesposted 15 years ago

To me, Dominoes' crust is cardboard like; Pizza Hut wins, but I find that different locations are not consistant with excellence...when you find a good one, the pizza is fresh and the buffet and salad bar is delicious!

12. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

Yuck - both way overpriced and nasty to boot!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL

It is a bit like asking: "What would you prefer - A poke in the eye with a stick or a kick in the goolies?" lol

1. LondonGirl profile image81
        LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Pretty much, yes!

13. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL And why nobody is even considering Papa John's? Out of those chain places I find it suiting my tastes the best smile

1. Junkster profile image60
      Junksterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think the original poster may have been from the UK, we don't have that chain over here.

We basically have dominoes which is more of a takeawy or delivery place, Pizza hut which is more of a sit down restaurant and a similar chain Pizza Express which tends to be in big cities/posh places.

I'm going to a great italian restaurant in the Northwest of the UK tonight for my dad's birthday, their pizzas are great, stone oven baked and authentic italian recipes, I think I'll go with that kind as my final answer smile

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That explains it, thanks Junkster smile

14. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 15 years ago

I don't like either. Papa Johns is good as far as being ranked among those. My favorite is a place down here called Cannoli Kitchen. Their pizza is amazing and they have all the other italian favorites (eggplant parm sub... amazing!) They deliver for free. I'm going to be so sad when I have to move!

15. Dottie1 profile image61
    Dottie1posted 15 years ago

Pizza Hut and Dominoes both went out of business in my home town.  Could not compete with Papa Gino's or Captain Pizza.

1. Lisa HW profile image60
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The same in my town.  There was a Pizza Hut sitting at the edge of town for quite a while - and then one day I looked, and the whole building had disappeared.  lol  Dominoes disappeared as well.  On the other hand, a Papa Ginos has been in town for as long as I can remember, and a second one seems to be surviving as well.  Between them and a couple of local pizza places, I don't think too many people were too interested in either Dominoes or Pizza Hut.

16. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Neither!  Gotta be Godfathers (started in Omaha--my home town) or Pappa John's (I own stock!).
    Or Pizza Picazzo's--a Sedona, AZ one and only soon to go national--great; gourmet.

But seriously, different pizzas for different occasions!

17. febriedethan profile image80
    febriedethanposted 15 years ago

I have to choose Pizza Hut because there is no Dominoes in my town smile (I'm from Bandung, Indonesia)

18. marisuewrites profile image58
    marisuewritesposted 15 years ago

Used to go to a Godfather's Pizza in Okla that was really good; however, pizza is my least favorite foods, right above liver and onions.   EEEEEEk   !   but, raising 250 foster kids, we did have lots of pizza nights.  smile

19. profile image0
    Rainbow Briteposted 15 years ago

PIZZA HUT!!!

20. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

I'm in the "neither" category as well. I don't think I've ever eaten Domino's. For years there was some boycott we were supposed to do of Domino's. Can't remember why -- just remember we weren't supposed to frequent that company.
    Pizza Hut isn't my fave, either.
    Prefer Roundtable (although it's $$$).
    If I'm doing takout, Little Caesar's is my pick, as it has really cheap pizza, although the crust is awfully doughy.
    Overall, I vote for Papa Murphy's take and bake. Great value. And the "delite" thin crust pizzas are wonderful.
    Note to Mark: And the mushrooms are fresh, not canned/gray!

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Supposedly, MM, Domino's gave a bunch of money to pro-life causes.  Very baaad....

21. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 15 years ago

I am not very fond of Pizza, I like Burgers instead. But if i have to make a choice then i like the Pizzas of Pizza Hut better.

22. johnb0127 profile image62
    johnb0127posted 15 years ago

Pizza Hut, Dominoes is TERRIBLE

23. parkerk393 profile image68
    parkerk393posted 15 years ago

Pizza Hut. However I do really like the Dominoes Oven Baked Sandwiches. Those are good... Now I can't decide... Haha

1. Junkster profile image60
      Junksterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We don't even get them over here, I've seen them advertised during NBA games I get sent over on DVD though

24. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Actually Papa John's , but I would choose Pizza Hut 2nd and Dominoes Last.smile

25. Silver Freak profile image61
    Silver Freakposted 15 years ago

Papa John's or Papa Murphy's

26. RavynSteel profile image68
    RavynSteelposted 15 years ago

Well after what I heard about my local Domino's, I'd have to plump for Pizza Hut.

27. Bob Cedar profile image59
    Bob Cedarposted 15 years ago

Dominos, the new bacon ranch chicken sandwich is awesome!

1. JamaGenee profile image79
      JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Nice that you pick a pizza place for its sandwich.  lol

1. Bob Cedar profile image59
        Bob Cedarposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, truth be told I would pick neither, there's a place here in Austin call Brooklyn Pie Company. Their pizzas crush all others! But between the two I would take dominos for the sandwich.

28. JamaGenee profile image79
    JamaGeneeposted 15 years ago

Neither.  Papa John's is the bomb!

29. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 15 years ago

I like any Pizza that I dont have to pay for!!

Home-made second choice

Little Ceasers $5 big hot n cheesy 3rd

30. Deltachord profile image59
    Deltachordposted 14 years ago

I like Papa John's more and I like to make my own pizza including crust. Little Ceasers is good too.

31. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

It is Pizza Hut for me anytime!

32. OtoyaCasanova profile image61
    OtoyaCasanovaposted 14 years ago

Pizza Hut, no more no less..
    Triple Cheese Crust Pizza, always loved! XD

33. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I like Pizza Hut BUT I wanna so go and try CiCi's just 'cause it's all you can eat and cheap cheap cheap lol

1. OtoyaCasanova profile image61
      OtoyaCasanovaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd love to try CiCi's however... i haven't seen one here in manila sad

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that's not fair. You could always go to their website and recommend them putting on in manila...I did that and now they have some out in cali smile

Ooh, i'll keep that in mind.. I can't wait when it comes here to manila big_smile

34. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

pizza hut - they have a pizza buffet

1. profile image0

What about CiCi's they have it too for way cheaper and more pizza choices. I so wanna go there

Has anyone else been there before?

1. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

no i never heard of it

35. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Havent tried Pizza Hutt since Ive been in the states but have Dominoes ..6/10

Last pizza I had was a NY style one from down the road-lil Italian place oh it was the bomb! smile

36. goodfriendiam profile image61
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

Dominoes. And crazdwriter I don't think C,Cs is all that it is cracked up to be. Believe me when I say, its cheap for a reason.

1. profile image0

aaaa burst my happy bubble why don't you. lol I'm still gonna go just to see for myself. big_smile

1. goodfriendiam profile image61
        goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am the same way, I got to go regardless....lol

37. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Has anyone tried Dominoes Bacon Cheesburger Pizza?  It's very rare to find outside of a non-college town and is loved by many drunk college kids.

1. profile image0

Nope never tried it and it sounds gross lol

1. dohn121 profile image80
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not if you like bacon cheeseburgers...All's it is shredded American cheese, ground beef and real crumbled bacon atop a cheese pizza.  You can also get a thing of ranch dressing on the side.

1. profile image0

Well since yuo break it down like that now it dos sound good especially with ranch I LOVE dipping pizza in ranch dressing. Yes I am a weirdo get over it lmao. I think it's the cheese burger part that threw me off. I actually saw a piece of pizza in a cheese burger lmao

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think Ive seen the advertisement Dohn , must look out for it

It's tastes best with a side of ranch dressing and er, if you're drunk lol

While in college, there was a pizzeria downtown that served pizza topped with cold shredded mozzarella...If you wanted a slice, you'd just say, "Cold cheese please" and the pizza guy knew.  I tried it sober and damn near got sick...Seems like certain things just really are better when you're drunk.

38. WeddingConsultant profile image67
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Everyone who said Pizza Hut is their favorite better beware of a greasy heart attack.

1. profile image0

lol you want greasy try the pizza they serve at Costco. or as I like to call it Price Club. The grease literally DRIPS off their pizza lol

Funny, that's its former name!

1. profile image0

Yep it went from Costco to Price Club back to Costco. they couldn't make up their minds lmao

2. WeddingConsultant profile image67
        WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're right, their pizza gets the greasiest of all time award.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6221896/2/istockphoto_6221896-greasy-pizza.jpg

Whoa...talk about grease... i've never seen pizza grease that many..
          the closest one was a certain Export/Import shop in Alabang... it had grease to fill your hands and such...

39. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Yep Costco is the greasiest pizza around I think...I still love eating it though. I know bad me bad me lmao. It does drip down the hands and rolls down your arms too. you leave fingerprints on your cup after taking a drink. lmao
    So bad and yet so darn good!

40. love my yorkies profile image60
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

I'll take Pizza Hut over Dominoes any day, but my preference is Mazzio's or Ken's.  And if I want a really awesome pizza, i make it myself from scratch.  deff better than anything you can buy.

41. david-n profile image60
    david-nposted 14 years ago

Godfather's was the best but they closed all their locations here years ago.  Then I would have to say Mazzio's and then Pizza Hut followed by Domino's and Pappa John's.

42. lrohner profile image70
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

All I have to say is

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/wuerg/vomit-smiley-026.gif

I'd rather stick hot pokers in both of my eyes than to eat at Pizza Hut or Dominos. Give me Pepe's White Clam Pizza in New Haven's Little Italy any day!

43. RooBee profile image81
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

To be honest, neither! Big chains really suck, especially those two - at least the branches in my area. Grease, grease, and canned toppings. Ugh. I prefer to go with one of my local pizzerias which are usually right in the same price bracket. If I have to go franchise, I'll do Papa Murphy's take & bake (their DeLite crust is pretty sweet) or Papa John's.

1. Drew Breezzy profile image62
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Papa John is amazing but pretty heavy on the pockets! I prefer my local pizza joints to the big name ones.

44. Ms Chievous profile image65
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Papa Johns is good and fresh!.  Sometimes they have good specials

45. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

My wife's. She was previously married to an Italian and they had their own pizza shop he inherited from his dad. they divorced and the shop closed and she got all the recipes. LOL Excellent pizza

1. lrohner profile image70
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ralwus, is she possibly sharing any recipes? I'll grovel and beg if need be! smile

1. Ms Chievous profile image65
        Ms Chievousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yuummmmm  Do  a hub on them and we all can see big_smile

46. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Pizza Hut.

Super Supreme please... smile

47. profile image0
    americhickposted 14 years ago

pizza hut---by a mile smile  LOVE IT!

48. profile image52
    sreejaslposted 14 years ago

pizza hut!!

49. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

pizza hut or homemade

50. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

We like homemade pizzas the best, but if we order out--it's Papa John's...but that's mainly because our son works there, and we get a 50% family discount, lol! big_smile  But they do have really fresh ingredients, I agree. smile

I keep telling him, though, that we're ready for a change of pace, and it's time to get a job at Pizza Hut!big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)