jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What are some tasty vegetarian sandwich fillings?

1. AliciaC profile image100
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

What are some tasty vegetarian sandwich fillings?

2. wellnessguidesja profile image62
    wellnessguidesjaposted 6 years ago

roasted bell peppers, heirloom tomatoes, pickled cucumbers with grainy mustard

3. Kris Heeter profile image79
    Kris Heeterposted 6 years ago

sprouted seeds, olives, mushrooms - not necessarily in the same sandwich smile

4. Alexander Pease profile image60
    Alexander Peaseposted 6 years ago

For people who do eat eggs, I would say that a good vegetarian filling is an egg salad.

A simple cucumber sandwich with a little salt and pepper, would also make a good vegetarian option.

5. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

Avocado and watercress. Together divine, with other things they are good. I am a huge fan of avocados. They are full of vitamins, flavor and 'good' fats. The good ones are supposed to help keep the bad ones down. Like in nuts.

6. Hyphenbird profile image93
    Hyphenbirdposted 6 years ago

Peanut butter, almond, cashew or other nut butters are healthful and filling. One can have a veggie hamburger or a fresh sandwich of hummus and watercress. Avocado is great for a spread on almost anything. I like tomato and cucumber on toasted brown bread. Yum.

7. Claudia Tello profile image77
    Claudia Telloposted 6 years ago

I love avocado in my sandwiches. One of my favorite combinations is fresh white cheese, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts and avocado mmmmm… delicious! Sun dried tomatoes are also a very nice addition to vegetarian sandwiches and, last but not least, plain, simple and easy peanut butter, which leaves one satisfied for long hours.

8. rmcrayne profile image98
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

Alicia I wrote a hub on this topic a couple weeks ago:

http://rmcrayne.hubpages.com/hub/Veggie … thout-Meat

9. veggie-mom profile image72
    veggie-momposted 6 years ago

I just wrote a vegetarian sandwich hub yesterday, Portabello, baby kale, red pepper & swiss sandwich, http://veggie-mom.hubpages.com/hub/Port … s-sandwich

Let me know what you think!

10. profile image71
    ElleBeeposted 6 years ago

Ahhh! So many.... I am a failed vegetarian many times over, but sandwiches are one area I succeed in!

Some of my favorite items include - avocado, hummus, flavored cream cheeses, sprouts, cucumbers, portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese, spinach, basil, olives, the possibilities are endless!  I am a big fan of veggie paninis (tomato and mozzarella... yum, yum!). Going in the non-vegetable direction of vegetarianiasm, there's always peanut butter, jelly, nut butters, or nutella!

11. veggie-mom profile image72
    veggie-momposted 6 years ago

Super quick, easy & delicious vegetarian sandwich filling made with mashed chickpeas. read more

12. profile image0
    rmcleveposted 6 years ago

One different type of sandwich you can make is a quinoa burger. Simply cook the quinoa until it is sticky, mixed with chopped nuts, curry powder, and cranberry. Pan fry until golden. It tastes like stuffing, has tons of protein, and makes an awesome sandwich!

working