jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your favorite meal to prepare for your family on hot days when you don't

1. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite meal to prepare for your family on hot days when you don't want the oven on?

My kids get sick of sandwiches lol.  We do a lot of fruit plates and veggie trays, sandwiches, and other cold dishes.  I often use the crockpot for quick throw togethers also.  What do you cook on hot days where you just don't want to heat up the kitchen?

2. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

We do a Bbq outside - steak or chops with salad or a stirfry in a wok outside . Sometimes we will have ham & salad or prawns .
    When really hot we sit in the pool. I put prawns,crackers etc on a platter by the pool & take a drink as well !

3. randomcreative profile image94
    randomcreativeposted 5 years ago

I also like to use the crock pot instead of the oven when I can on hot days.  This is one of my new favorite crock pot recipes.
    http://www.sweettreatsmore.com/2011/06/ … iches.html

4. vespawoolf profile image98
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

You can buy a grocery store rotisserie chicken. Take the meat off the bone, season it with Mexican spices and sautee briefly in a little bit of olive oil. Then make some fresh guacamole and pico de gallo. Microwave some corn or flour tortillas and wrap everything up like a burrito. You'll have a wonderful meal the kids will love, without heating up the kitchen too much. I hope that helps.

5. Jenn-Anne profile image84
    Jenn-Anneposted 5 years ago

We make a big ol' batch of pasta salad and keep it in the fridge. It is perfect for hot days when you don't feel like cooking anything.

6. Silverspeeder profile image61
    Silverspeederposted 5 years ago

I don't know whether you have heard of the ex boxing champions lean green grilling machine? But i like to grill some chicken breasts for about 15 mins, lay them on a bed of rice with red kidney beans and salad onions and pour chilli sauce (preferably home made) all over it, some fresh tomatoes always goes well with this dish too.

working