jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

What are your favorite beers to drink in the fall?

1. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

What are your favorite beers to drink in the fall?

Each fall I look forward to the pumpkin ales.  My favorite is Pumpkinhead Ale from Shipyard Brewery in Portland, Maine.

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image83
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

I hate to admit this, but when it's 90 degrees plus and humid like we saw a lot of this torrid summer, I like a Bud Light Lime slightly frozen. But those days are over.

The Yuengling and Dundee Oktoberfest brews are quite tasty this time of year, and reasonably priced.

Of course, you could go to Munich and make it really real. I did that one fall.

bankscottageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'll have to try the Yuengling and Dundee.

3. MyWifesFood profile image56
    MyWifesFoodposted 5 years ago

Fall is my favorite time of the year to drink beer. I go to with the Chimay Blue, Maredsous 8, and I agree, Yuengling Oktoberfest is a good one.

4. hockey8mn profile image76
    hockey8mnposted 5 years ago

It is the same all year round for me, whatever my dad has in the fridge.  If he has none or I am not at home, I go out and buy the cheapest beer that doesn't taste like urine.

5. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Hey banks....I don't drink beer....I don't drink alcohol of any kind...but that's not why I'm here..  You live in PA...don't you?    Glimmer Twin Fan just published a hub on Quits and quilt makers, etc in PA.   Just wanted to let you know!!

Thanks.  I saw the Hub.  I may call a few to see if they would make the t-shirt quilt.

6. Midasfx profile image65
    Midasfxposted 5 years ago

Shipyard pumkinhead is the best fall seasonal beer.  It is really tasty if you rim yhe glass (magherita style) with a little bit of cinnamon sugar and out a dash in the beer as well. It really enhances the spiced pumpkin flavor.

Great suggestion, I'll have to give it a try.

7. Kyricus profile image61
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

I tend to stick with the Oktoberfests. I don't know that I really have a favorite. Myself, I don't like pumpkin ales so I stay away from them. But then again, I dont like much pumpkin anything so I'm not surprised.

I like the Oktoberfests also.

8. Trish303 profile image73
    Trish303posted 5 years ago

Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale I love the stuff and it is the only time of year to drink beer

9. Aisha Jilani profile image60
    Aisha Jilaniposted 5 years ago

well i really don't drink, but when sometimes i do with my friends i prefer to drink Heineken beer, its really good.

10. Gary Holdaway profile image81
    Gary Holdawayposted 5 years ago

I love Corona, all year round, however I'm not much of a drinker anymore. I used to love a social binge once in a while, and I was damned good at it, however the dislike of the after effects and the way in which my reasoning and logic changed were displeasing enough to way out the positives.

working