jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What does 'Quick and Easy' food preparation actually mean to you?

1. GoodLady profile image94
    GoodLadyposted 5 years ago

What does 'Quick and Easy' food preparation actually mean to you?

Does it mean you open a packet and heat? 
    Does it mean making something very simple (but good) such as frying or poaching an egg on toast? 
    Or does it mean making food from scratch in a quick and easy manner, such as making a plate of pasta, or grilling a burger with salad, or turning left over roast chicken for example into a tasty, balanced (nutritional) meal?

2. sparkleyfinger profile image92
    sparkleyfingerposted 5 years ago

It means something that can be made in15 mins or less, at least in my mind smile

3. collegedad profile image75
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

It means that it is quick to make and the clean up is minimal. I can cook most anything in the can it arrived in!

4. Debby Bruck profile image75
    Debby Bruckposted 5 years ago

Quick means 15 minutes and the meal is on the table. Easy means it takes a few ingredients to whip it up and after preparing that meal a few times, I would not need to look at a recipe because I would have it memorized. I have a basic rule: prepare 3 items on the plate and it makes a meal. For example: salad, protein, vegetable or soup, whole grain, green vegetable. Some recipes require no cooking, just mixing ingredients, like a fresh salad and dressing.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

To me it can be any one of those. For me the goal is to be in the kitchen as brief a time as possible--it is almost a "thing" with me. I absolutely hate cooking and being in the kitchen so the faster I get it done, the happier I am.

6. prektjr.dc profile image85
    prektjr.dcposted 5 years ago

Quick and Easy to me means that a recipe is less than 20 minutes, about 5 ingredients and about 5 steps to prepare!  To me it would be something either from scratch or in combination with a packaged food.

7. sfrentz06 profile image60
    sfrentz06posted 5 years ago

I think it can be anything you open and heat, or prepare in 10-15 minutes.

8. BrightMeadow profile image78
    BrightMeadowposted 5 years ago

I am in agreement with most of the people here.  Less than 20 minutes.  5 or less ingredients-- preferably ingredients that you are actually likely to have on hand-- and 5 or less steps.

Easy to me does not involve a lot of complicated steps and ingredients that I've never heard of.  I do prefer something from scratch or semi-scratch as opposed to "Open the package, add water, voila!"