Any dessert fans out there?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (43 posts)
  1. every1_loves_food profile image59
    every1_loves_foodposted 16 years ago

Just wondering what kinds of desserts people enjoy making and, of course, consuming! I recently tried a chocolate mousse with a twist... it's gorgeous! Give it a go!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Cappuccino-Choc … st-Dessert

2. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 16 years ago

I love desserts, but too much sand eating makes me ill....must keep it to a minimum!!

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Oh yes. I love the look of that one, I will have to try it. Here are a few of mine:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Ultimate-Chocol … nie-recipe

http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-Ten-American-Recipes

Not all desserts in the last one.

1. MrMarmalade profile image70
      MrMarmaladeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Will be cooking today
      Not concerned about missing the sleep.

2. MrMarmalade profile image70

Chocolate and Coffee Brownies

If you are not content with a double shot of espresso to kick start the day, here’s a great recipe to perk up those slow-to-start people among us (myself included). Although, as the saying for beer goes, “Brownies are not just for breakfast.”

I bought the ingredients and we had the Brownies for supper. one more than i needed.
      No worries about the sleep I have my own way of finding the way.
      Thanks a heap.

4. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

I think dessert should be my middle name.

Mark, I like your Top Ten American Recipes hub.  Meant to tell you that a few days ago, but it got lost in the jumble of my head.  Off to check out the chocolate one.

Did someone say chocolate?!?!

5. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

All I heard was chocolate.

6. crazycat profile image40
    crazycatposted 16 years ago

Most desserts we love has chocolate in it. I love chocolate but of course, I try not to pig out with sweets.

7. Alexis Froehlich profile image60
    Alexis Froehlichposted 16 years ago

Cheesecake!!!! 
    but since my 1st two hubs were about cheesecake, I guess that's pretty obvious   roll

8. bloggerjb profile image66
    bloggerjbposted 16 years ago

CHEESECAKE too! i love it.  i'll check out your hubs guys.

9. rainz profile image59
    rainzposted 16 years ago

Desserts are so sinful but yet it is so irresistable. I love Chocolates and Cheesecakes the most... YUMMY... How about a simple chocolate cake? I tried it only one time and it was quite successful but i believed it can be better.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Simple-Chocolate-Cake

10. profile image0
    roddmaposted 16 years ago

im a chocoholic bu tlike other things too.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-an- … -cream-pie

11. helpdeskian profile image59
    helpdeskianposted 16 years ago

26 hours and no reply???? I will break the quiet. I am bold enough. I will tell the world that I am a fan of dessert, and am very american in choosing my sweet of choice. I love apple pie with a little vanilla ice cream or peach cobbler with ice cream. something about the hot and cold sensations at the same time. OMG, let me stop before I find myself in the frozen food aisle of the grocery store!  Dessert is so underrated now a days.

12. elisabeth reid profile image66
    elisabeth reidposted 16 years ago

I confess....my name is Lisa and I'm a dessertaholic.  I love food in general but frequently view the meal as justification for what comes later -- dessert.  All kinds, from chocolate to cheesecake to fruits to pies and cakes and tortes and souffles and crepes and cookies and ice cream...and....and....

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/LisaMznutz/Smilies/drool.gif

The only thing I might like more than eating dessert is making it.  I'm tellin' ya...there's nothing like the smells that come from the kitchen and the satisfaction that comes from pulling something beautiful and delicious out of what seems like thin air.

1. AuntySa profile image61
      AuntySaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Well my name is Lisa too and "ditto!" big_smile

Not sure the cooking is actually better than the eating! - but I love it too.

Food, food, food - love it all.

13. Karen and Lesley profile image60
    Karen and Lesleyposted 16 years ago

Well I suppose that is a silly question - I mean who wouldn't like deserts.

Anyway I'm laying off the chocolate kind and trying to be healthy.

I had a fruits of the forest upside down desert with a difference.  Instead of having sponge on the top it had, oh sorry it wasn't fruits of the forest it was strawberry and peach on the bottom and then a topping made from ground almonds, butter, egg, and maple syrup all combined together put on top of the fruit and then baked for 20mins.   It is delicious and also it doesn't leave you bloated.

14. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 16 years ago

Mark actually wrote about my favorite dessert:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Smoked-Trout-Creams-

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

That's your favorite dessert? Well, I am impressed - big_smile Thanks.

15. Princessa profile image83
    Princessaposted 16 years ago

Usually i do prefer to have just a starter and a biiiiiiiiiig dessert.  The more sinful the better! 

Even better, I could do just with cheese and dessert.  My mouth is watering just now thinking about a cheese fondue followed by a chocolate fondue....

16. TessaEvans profile image54
    TessaEvansposted 16 years ago

Anything with chocolate is a sure winner for me.  Mars bar crispy cake is so tasty, but not for those counting calories.

Hot chocolate fudge cake with clotted cream (being from Devon, UK), and I am in heaven!

17. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 16 years ago

I like anything at all with fruit in it!

Patty

18. MyGenie profile image59
    MyGenieposted 16 years ago

Check out the most decadent cake of all

http://hubpages.com/hub/Legend-of-the-Hummingbird-cake

19. Kitchy Wytch profile image60
    Kitchy Wytchposted 16 years ago

Oooh delicioso!

20. Gimar profile image60
    Gimarposted 16 years ago

The last time I went out for a good meal, I had chocolate cake with a little chile powder in it--a little too much chile powder for my taste, but it was interesting.

In general I like the old standards, like cookies and ice cream, yum.

21. Astralbex profile image58
    Astralbexposted 16 years ago

I love my desserts, theres nothing like a bit of indulgence ; anything chocolatey is my favourite.

Stressed = desserts! smile

1. MrMarmalade profile image70

I have a book 'Death by Chocolate.' I will find it and feed you a couple of them slowly
      Just don't die on me.
      I do not wish to be charged with manslaughter

22. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 16 years ago

Alittle chili powder on vanilla ice cream is good.

23. Lifebydesign profile image64
    Lifebydesignposted 16 years ago

love paula dean's stuff minus the lashings of cream, and fancy chocolaty gateaus that you just about can eat only on an empty stomach. Actually a really good rich chocolate brownie would go down well right now..yumm.

24. RavynSteel profile image68
    RavynSteelposted 15 years ago

Mississippi mud pie...trés sickly but absolutely gorgeous in small quantities! Homemade of course...I bless the day I bought my chocolate cookbook!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Looks like we finally agree on something. I love Mississippi mud pie. My waist line is not so keen, but.... big_smile

25. Catherine Behan profile image61
    Catherine Behanposted 15 years ago

Hi everyone,

Always on the hunt for nutritious desserts, I found a collection that I am trying.  This one sounds really good and I will be trying it soon!

Chocolate Cheese Mousse
    ©2007 Kathleen Lane

Serving Size   

Ingredients
    6 oz sugarfree dark chocolate bar (Carb Safe Recommended)
    8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
    3⁄4 cup sugarfree Splenda
    1⁄4 tsp salt
    1 tsp sugarfree vanilla
    2 egg yolks
    2 egg whites
    1 cup heavy cream 

Cooking
    Put chocolate in microwaveable bowl.  Place in microwave and melt on high power for 1- 2 minutes.   Remove, mix well by hand, and set aside to cool.  Whip cream and set aside. Thoroughly clean beaters and using another bowl, whip the egg whites to soft peaks.  Gradually add 1⁄4 cup Splenda to egg whites.  Set aside.

Put cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl and blend with a hand mixer.  Add 1⁄2 cup Splenda, vanilla and salt.   Add egg yolks, one at a time, blending well after each one is added.   With mixer at medium speed, gradually add chocolate to cream cheese and egg
    mixture.  Fold in whipped cream.   Then fold in egg whites.   

Pour mixture into 8 individual serving bowls.  For mousse texture, cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.  For an ice-cream like texture, cover with plastic and put in freezer for at least 4 hours.  Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.   

Catherine

26. profile image49
    ana0jposted 15 years ago

I like sweets thats why i like chocolates. I love Chocolates and Cheesecakes the most for my desert. And i also like ice cream for my dessert I love cold after eating.

jake cruise

27. BeatsMe profile image53
    BeatsMeposted 15 years ago

Taros. Whether they are in beverage form or cake or pie. Whether they are served hot or cold. They are just delicious'coz they're sweet. tongue

28. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I love apple crisp because it tastes like apple pie, but has far less calories if you cut out certain ingredients.  Also, for those of us who love pie I read a cook book when I was younger about using orange juice concentrate as a substitute for sugar, which is more natural than using splenda or something of that kind.  My grandpa is a diabetic and he loves apricote pie made with a tiny pit of orange juice concentrate.  It actually tasted very sweet and great.

29. stevemark122000 profile image59
    stevemark122000posted 15 years ago

Fresh Strawberries with Home made Shortcake and Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

1. thranax profile image73
      thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yumm much smile

30. doncarlin profile image61
    doncarlinposted 15 years ago

I am a big dessert fan. Unfortunately this often means I must spend a lot of time at the gym.

31. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Love em. Enough said smile

32. dutch84 profile image60
    dutch84posted 15 years ago

chocolate cake and cookies!

33. lelfaulkner profile image60
    lelfaulknerposted 15 years ago

I just love them and would rather eat one than have a main course most of the time. My favourite is melting chocolate pots with vanilla ice cream. Check out my recipe for it on:http://hubpages.com/hub/cookeurope

34. profile image0
    Pam Poundsposted 15 years ago

A sweet oven crispella with Nutella sauce.  A recipe I got from Gourmet Magazine...to die for!!!

35. Pete Michner profile image69
    Pete Michnerposted 15 years ago

If you get the chance, I suggest trying a Filipino treat called turron http://flickr.com/photos/guccibear2005/2231429454/
    Plantain bananas and jackfruit wrapped in a spring roll and dipped in brown sugar then fried. MMM smile

36. Neko-chan profile image63
    Neko-chanposted 15 years ago

I love desserts too, and I have a recipe for a wonderful chocolate mousse pie, and whole lots of sinfully delicious chocolate recipes, from Chocolate Enough Cupcakes to Chocolate Decadence Cake.

I'll have to post more hubs in future. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)