What do you like with your coffee?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Marla Rose profile image71
    Marla Roseposted 12 years ago

What do you like (have) with your coffee?  Pancakes and sausage, eggs and bacon, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, pastries, biscuit, biscotti, coffee cake, danishes, bagel, english muffin, croissant, etc.  Maybe you like a little sugar, cream, milk, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey, whip cream, a shot of expresso, or flavorings such as vanilla, hazelnut, chocolate, almond or other flavors.  What gets you going in the morning?  Or is there something else you prefer?

1. Madurai profile image57
      Maduraiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I prefer Marie brand biscuits.. Which will be a nice combination..

2. alezafree profile image91
      alezafreeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

More like what DON'T I like to have with my coffee. I can't think of a time, place, food, etc. that I would not like have with coffee. I LOVE coffee.

3. sparkhurst profile image60
      sparkhurstposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had to think about this and as a newbie coffee drinker, the only think that I have always loved with coffee is a home made biscuit.  Now you have to understand I am from the south where home made  buttermilk biscuits are all the rage but a dying art form if my peers are any indication.  Truly they are easier to make (when you know how) than breaking apart the frozen ones from the market.

4. calpol25 profile image59
      calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to be the first one to say that with my coffee I love a cigarette afterwards its great for kickstarting the day. Overdose of caffeine and nicotine purely heaven to me lol smile

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh I used to really enjoy a smoke with my coffee once... smile

But then I gave up smoking and not spilling my coffee, when my lips fell off! sad

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

always funny, PD.  How's my favorite Kiwi?  smile

I like cream in my coffee and a fresh beignet from a nearby restaurant.. in fact, I think I'll take a short trip to get one now that I've mentioned it.

2. calpol25 profile image59
          calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Love it PD smile lol lol

5. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

a gorgeous man to stir it.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

well....sometimes a little baileys hits the spot...once in awhile it's a treat!

1. tom_caton profile image79
      tom_catonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes! Lots of Baileys, or a very good Irish whiskey, Crested Ten is the best IMO

3. wetnosedogs profile image60
    wetnosedogsposted 12 years ago

I like my coffee just the way it is. I make it on the strong side. I'm not a breakfast person. But I drink coffee a good part of the day and it goes good with any along the side.

4. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Nothing.  If I have food at the same time I have coffee, I'll rush through the food (and sometimes not finish it) in order to concentrate on the coffee.  big_smile
    If I have no food with coffee (which is what I most often do) I'll rush through the coffee in order to get to the second cup of coffee (my idea of dessert) - and it's the second cup that I drink very leisurely.  hmm

5. AnnaCia profile image77
    AnnaCiaposted 12 years ago

Having the first cup of coffee in the morning is the best thing in the whole world for me.  I like strong coffee with cream and splenda.  I do not need anything else.

1. nina64 profile image68
      nina64posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you on this one!!!! Nothing gets my day going like a hot cup of coffee with cream and sugar to begin my day.

6. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

What do you like with your coffee?

I don't mind at all - as long as a cup is used! I hate burning my hands! sad

7. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Two small squares of 72% chocolate.

1. Hugh Williamson profile image76
      Hugh Williamsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AAAAAAAh yes, chocolate.

I drink coffee black but simultaneously munching on a chocolate bar complements it nicely.

8. how'd i get here? profile image59
    how'd i get here?posted 12 years ago

I'm not a coffee person...but I do love breakfast! Eggs, bacon, jelly toast, and fried onions. Yum.

9. emimemo profile image70
    emimemoposted 12 years ago

Have to have milk in it! I like milk tea also.

10. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

Coffee is what I have to have in the mornings after I wake up. With my coffee...Silence!!! It takes me a while to become "human" again after I wake up.

11. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I need milk and sugar in mine. Two mugs and banana..and supplements...wink

12. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...okay...what do i really like with my coffee...i prefer having my first one in bed with my sweet one next to me...it's a great way to start the day

What a cool answer.... How is Duncan Biscuit? smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

..thanks PD...it's a real answer. too.....g'mornin' my kiwi friend.....big_smile

....poor Duncan has bit the biscuit.......i feel setup on this one  lol

Bugger.. sorry to hear that mate! Poor Dunken then? yikes  You take care... there's nothing worse than losing a limp biscuit in your duvet or your coffee! big_smile

13. American_Choices profile image78
    American_Choicesposted 12 years ago

What a great thread - thank you!

My coffee is best served on Sunday morning with toast and cinnamon sugar with the love of my life by my side and tuned into CBS Sunday morning.

My favorite time of the week.

14. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 12 years ago

Green & Black's Organic Dark Chocolate, 85% Cocoa … hmmm, I'll be back to HP later.  smile

15. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Splenda, creamer, ...and a cigarette. On special occasions like vacations, I like to add a little Bailey's.

16. easybusinesslinks profile image60
    easybusinesslinksposted 12 years ago

Dunkin biscuits ....ya just gotta!

17. stclairjack profile image78
    stclairjackposted 12 years ago

double strong in a big mug, black,... over vanilla ice cream,.... motly ice cream,.... little bit of coffee to stir it up with.

heeee heeee

18. DonnaCosmato profile image86
    DonnaCosmatoposted 12 years ago

When I make coffee at home and can control the strength, I drink it black and serve it at every meal and snack, supplementing that with a cup whenever I need a break. At most restaurants or on other occasions when I'm served coffee, it usually needs some cream, milk, half and half or so on to weaken it.

19. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

Cookies and Pasties.

20. Turtlewoman profile image88
    Turtlewomanposted 12 years ago

Oohhhh coffee...there are so many things that pair well with a cup of freshly brewed coffee.
    Cream, caramel...
    Sunrises...pretty scene...good company....music....my IPad...good Hubs....

Be right back...gotta go make another cup. Extra strong, please

21. couturepopcafe profile image59
    couturepopcafeposted 12 years ago

I think Brad Pitt (sans Angie) on Saturdays and Sundays, maybe going into Monday. Then I'd need to recuperate Tues-Thurs. If my heart can take the excitement, then Brad with Friday afternoon coffee is ok and back to Saturday morning coffee.

22. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 12 years ago

I love  the original Black Forrest Cake (Schwarzwaeldertorte) from Germany with my coffee. Yummy!!! I wish I can have that now.

23. Moon Daisy profile image79
    Moon Daisyposted 12 years ago

I love espresso with a spoonful of honey in it.  And my favourite thing to have with it (or rather dunked in it), is a granola bar.  It's simple, but the two things together are so nice.

24. Moon Daisy profile image79
    Moon Daisyposted 12 years ago

Oh I agree.  I tried some espresso with a little whiskey in it, and the mixture was hedonistic!

25. amithak50 profile image60
    amithak50posted 12 years ago

I like taking chips like Lays

26. couturepopcafe profile image59
    couturepopcafeposted 12 years ago

A view of the beach and a creative, well-heeled companion.

27. nonslick50 profile image67
    nonslick50posted 12 years ago

Cup of stiff black coffee. A dish of chocolate almond ice cream on the side. A Hershey's chocolate almond bar will do in a pinch.

28. Kristen Haynie profile image93
    Kristen Haynieposted 12 years ago

For some reason, I need to have my coffee by itself. I feel that I can't really enjoy the coffee if it's smothered by accompanying food. If I can, I will have coffee and then breakfast. If I have to, I will have coffee after breakfast. As long as I have enough time to sit down and enjoy it, that's the important part!

29. Nicole S profile image64
    Nicole Sposted 12 years ago

I'm in love with eating shortbread cookies with my coffee. They go so fast though!

30. vespawoolf profile image93
    vespawoolfposted 12 years ago

I take strong coffee with whole milk. Serve it in my favorite mug with a bagel and cream cheese or a cream cheese filled pastry and I'm a happy camper!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)