Why should we support immigration laws?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (71 posts)
  1. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Yesterday the President of Mexico addressed a joint session of Congress and took the opportunity to not only point the finger of blame at America for Mexico's current out of control drug wars but to castigate the sovereign State of Arizona for its audacity to enforce Federal Immigration Law at the state level, parroting Obama's claims of profiling.  His rants were met with a standing ovation by the congressional Democrats.

Meanwhile, here in Tennessee, Memphis to be exact, four (4) police officers were gunned down by two.....wait for it....illegal immigrants from that great nation of ( We enforce our immigration laws and yes, we ask for papers) Mexico during an attempted arrest.  The illegal aliens came out shooting, firing AK47s at the officers killing two, one of whom was the Police Chief's son.

If the immigration laws were enforced these officers would still be alive.  Don't tell me these hispanics were simply looking for a better life.  Don't tell me we need them as they are doing jobs the average American won't do.  Don't talk to me of amnesty as the only means of solving the illegal immigration problem.  Try these arguments on the mothers, fathers, wives and children of our slain officers.  Illegal is illegal.  As a member of the law enforcement for 25 years I can no longer stomache this administration's race baiting and claims of profiling, nor the liberal's so called 'compasion' for the illegal.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yours is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on the topic of immigration.  Your....well I'll be charitable and call it logic, won't stand up to even a rudimentary challenge.

How many police officers were gunned down by African-Americans last year?  If we simply deported all Africa-Americans, those officers would still be alive.

How many officers were gunned down by ignorant rednecks last year?  If we had simply incarcerated everyone who gets their marching orders from FoxNews, those officers would still be alive.

Ignorant is ignorant.  It's no wonder that you are offended by concepts like compassion and justice.

I doubt that the wives and children of those slain officers are comforted to know that you are using the tragedy to promote an agenda of hatred and intolerance.

Have a nice day.

tobey100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ridiculous?  Turn off your mouth, turn on your little liberal brain and read what you just wrote.  Illegal aliens killed two police officers (not that that matters to you because obviously they had it coming for harrassing two innocent foreigners).  African-Americans are not illegals.  Rednecks are not illegals.  American Indians are not illegals.  Most retards are not illegal either.  You can try your best to make this into something it's not but for any thinking human you'll come across as the ridiculous one.  Noone except those of your mindset consider the illegals as just people that only want a better life and that most of them are honest and hard working, as long as you forget the fact that they violated FEDERAL LAW by entering the country illegally.  THAT IS ALL THIS IS ABOUT.  What part of illegal don't you understand????  There is no argument you can offer, no way you can sort of bend the truth.  Hatred and intolerance!  You're damn straight.  I've spent 25 years chasing those you and others like you strive so hard to protect.  If you violate the law you have committed an ILLEGAL act and you better bet I don't tolerate or like that kind of behavior especially when spineless weanies like yourself try to defend those acts and ridicule those that want to uphold the law.  Do me a favor, from now on if you notice I've posted something to a forum, sign off and go watch Family Guy.  Maybe you can find the episode where they ridicule the Veitnam Vets at the Memorial Wall.  That ought to be right up your alley.

1. watchya profile image60
          watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wonder what ought to be right up yours ! LOL Wow ! What a short mind big_smile

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I realize that you'd like to be able to spout your hateful nonsense without challenge, but it ain't gonna happen.  Post more of your B.S. - or whatever Glenbeckrushity tells you to post, and you will get a response.  If it makes you cry, so be it.  Maybe you'll think twice before sharing your uhhmmm.....
          thoughts with the community.

1. TheSituation profile image64
            TheSituationposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Ron!!  Go read my new hub on immigration...I even think you might agree with some of it... wink  or not

2. watchya profile image60

Ignorance is bliss. Tobey must be a very blissful guy ! lol

3. Bill Miller profile image60
        Bill Millerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, this is the most amazing post I have ever read. African Americans and rednecks would be deported for what reason?

There are at least two police officers who are dead because of illegal immigrants and you found a way to excuse that.

You see, we can't do anything about our homegrown scumbags but we can and should do something about the illegal variety.

By the way, the president of Mexico when asked what they do with suspected illegal immigrants in his country said, we ask for their papers and then deport them.

This just goes to show that politicians in Mexico are just as hypocritical as the ones in the United States!

I'm sure you will defend your babble so get to it.

4. Bill Miller profile image60

This guy

Sometimes it helps to go back to the beginning roll

He's not talking about races. He's talking about 2 different kind of Americans. Isn't he ? the only one that brought racisim to the conversation is you. lol

1. Bill Miller profile image60

Are you able to read and comprehend?

Yes. How about you ? hmm

Really, you read his post and my post and determined I was talking about race?

"Wow, this is the most amazing post I have ever read. African Americans and rednecks would be deported for what reason?"

That quotation mark at the end of the sentence is known as a question mark. You see, I asked why citizens of this country would be deported!

Comprehension would dictate that you knew that. You clearly didn't know that.

I have wasted enough time proving your lack of reading comprehension and will now continue with people who are able to.

how twisted!  Not bothering replying. I'm sure you're a lawyer roll

lol lol lol

Its in your best interest not to reply, the mere fact that you are still attempting to defend your wrong position is comical, but like a lot of others on here not unexpected!

If you would like to continue then do so, I'm sure those who can comprehend the written word will get a huge kick out of it!

Your choice.

And no I'm not a lawyer, merely someone who made it through the first grade where you learn about quotation!

2. watchya profile image60

Sure ! the best thing !
                  As I said before :

the best thing you can do. Your mind is too short and comprehension is too long.

2. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Men regard it as their right to return evil for evil -- and if they cannot, feel they have lost their liberty."      Aristotle

Revenge or apathy seems to be the predominant attitude  this country now displays with little regard for justice.  I guess where the rubber meets the road with the upcoming elections will be when we will know the outcome of this whole mess.

Again, revenge or returning evil for evil has absolutely nothing to do with my statement whatsoever regardless of how many times folks try to make it so.  Enforce the law.  If you don't like the law (which about 30% of people don't) then garner a majority and get rid of the law.  This is nothing more than stating the results of turning a blind eye to enforcement.

1. rhamson profile image72
          rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tobey,

I agree with you that the illegal workers need to go home, 100% period. 

The method is what is the question between you and me.  I think by making the employers of these illegals the ones who should be the target rather than the illegals themselves is what should be the focus.  Take away the need and make the American worker more in demand is all I have got to say.

Rounding them up even to a greater degree will not curb the illegal to stay home.  Take away his job and means of supporting his family back home will definitely make a far vaster change.

My statement about evil for evil was only to reflect that we should not demonize these people and more so based on a few bad ones.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
            Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said. What needs to happenis comprehensive reform of the immigration system, which President Obama has called for, which Senator John McCain went tobat for and President Bush attempted. Central to that effort  (if it's worht attempting at all) will be some form of a colorblind employee verification system.

3. The Morbius profile image60
      The Morbiusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't typically support the correlation between immigration issues and crime.  Crime will happen and criminals are simply criminals regardless of status.  I've read many a story of the immigration system failing miserably and those that fall through the cracks moving on to criminal endeavors.  However, the crimes they commit are simply that....crimes.  Even with tighter immigration controls...a crime by an illegal immigrant is bound to happen at some point.  Therefore, making an argument from this angle isn't as strong as others.  Specifically, illegal immigration is simply that: illegal.  We have appropriate means of legal immigration.  The system is as fair as it can be.  Any argument based on sentimentality or human rights is null and void.  It is simply illegal.  We cannot be naive and assume that an open border would be of some sort of benefit.  Resources are finite...and an open ended population would deplete said resources...this is basic human reality.  We must take note of this and tighten the system.  No more sanctuary cities and laws...no more release of those illegal immigrants we detain.  No more unprotected stretches of border.

Keep in mind, I empathize with the plight of Mexican nationals seeking a better life.  But if a group of people cannot stand for themselves and reform their own nation...why must their inaction become our problem?  I support them...and would support an effort by Mexican citizens to take control of their nation.  To close the gap between it's two class system and eradicate the cancer of drug cartels.  But by allowing them to simply come to our country in illegal fashion does nothing to solve the core problems of the immigration tide to begin with.

And until that day comes...where Mexico decides to stand for herself.  Her President should keep his comments to himself regarding our laws.  He has zero credibility and standing...as he is the leader of a nation in the grasp of corruption and drug cartel influence.  Chastise not, Mexico...your true problems lie at home...not abroad.  And until that nation tends to its own affairs...then we must act accordingly...and defend our borders from those that choose to enter our land...contrary to the procedures we have established for LEGAL immigration.

1. KFlippin profile image61
        KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great post.  Although on a personal level, as the fella that posted this topic is relating, the illegal person should not have been in the country to commit the crime, so those folks would still be alive, unless of course you believe in karma and destiny and all that, and that someone or some other thing would have killed them just as dead at the same time.

And on Calderon and his facetious crap -- I could hardly believe that our own President sucked all that up and stood by him, about as alarming as seeing the crazed Akmadidajob (sp?smile) clasping hands of togetherness with Brazil and ......was it Turkey?  Or am I just thinking Turkey, because it's all a bunch of turkey?

4. Instrumentally profile image60
      Instrumentallyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well I think the borders should be enforced more I mean if you went to Mexico illegally you'd be shot on sight or jailed right away. Here Illegals get pampered too and have better rights than an American citizen, you know something is wrong about that.

2. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Could not agree with you more Tobey. It is sad to know that the families of these officers will have to live with knowing that the country failed to protect them even though they were law enforcement servants who made their lives about protecting us. sad

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just send everybody but native Indians back to Africa! It will solve all problems right away.

Nobody wants to do that.  My parents are from Wales but they came here the right way.  We're all immigrants at some point but we came the right way.  ENFORCE THE DAMN LAWS OF THE LAND.  That's all I'm for.  If it's a bad law or the majority doesn't like it, get rid of it but until then enforce the damn thing.

1. The Morbius profile image60
          The Morbiusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean the indians that worked their way from Africa up through Asia, Alaska and Canada before entering the new world and proceeding to kill and conquer each other until their ex-neighbors and friends came up through Europe, across the atlantic ocean and settled the whole thing?

Better send back the Eskimos, too.  In fact better take the whole human race and cram it back into the olduvai gorge and let 'em destroy each other.  That'll solve the crime, and immigration too!

You may have something there!

2. KFlippin profile image61

!! Excellent. 

And how about the Europeans go back to the Middle Eastern Countries, Americans go back to Europe unless they can prove Indian ancestry, and just give the whole country to Mexico, wait for the economy to collapse, and then 20 years from now we'll head back over the ocean and settle the great land of America once again......... But, of course, the Irish and the Welsh should be allowed to stay right where they are, most likely the only European populace which largely track back genetically for thousands of years to the very ground they still walk upon.

1. wilderness profile image95

Would I have to live in france?  I don't wanna live in France - they have funny food.

1. KFlippin profile image61

Well, maybe you could work out a family swap, no government intervention of course, a non-profit, extremely liberal, private agency to help reverse immigrants and conquerers to return to their homeland of choice. smile

3. watchya profile image60

lol lol lol

3. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

But the United States has chosen to NOT enforce Immigration laws for nearly 40 years now under both Democratic and Republican Leadership.

So the real issue is HOW?  And that's the sticking point.

Do you think people would shut up about enforcement if there were an easy way to do it without supposed "racial profiling" they use as their counter?

I'm very much in favor of enforcement.  But you have to figure out how?

The jails in most states are near capacity now.  And you can round them all up and send them all back... but it won't make any difference until you truly secure the borders... they just come back.

1. wilderness profile image95

A multi-pronged "attack" will be necessary.  I certainly can't design one in a few minutes of thought, but consider:

1.  Declare an amnesty.  Illegal aliens have 90 days to pack up and leave.  After that any and all real and personal property confiscated as the result of criminal activity.

2.  After the 90 days, an Arizona type law enacted nation wide; local police to aid in apprehension of illegal aliens.  This should be temporary, but would kick start the programs.

3.  Enlist help from other nations.  Illegals to be turned over to appropriate embassies for them to handle.  Any embassy routinely turning them loose to be closed; putting known criminals onto American streets will not be tolerated.  An illegal that does not wish to give his nationality can rot in jail until he does.

4.  Prohibit any and all American documentation from going to illegal aliens.  Specifically to include driver's licenses and other forms of state accepted ID and/or licenses.

5.  Put teeth into employment laws.  Fines up to and including confiscation of businesses.  For now leniency can be shown if a business makes a good faith effort to verify citizenship or "green card"; birth certificates, drivers license, SS card, etc can be used.  ASAP put into effect a national "work" card to verify ID for work purposes.  Private industry would, I'm sure, be willing to take on the responsibility of verifying ID for work purposes for a small fee.  Again, if such enterprise is found to have too many "mistakes" shut them down with fines and jail for top officials.

6.  After the amnesty forbid any form  of benefits to illegals.  No food stamps, no housing, no government checks, no medical care, etc. unless their embassy agrees to cover costs.

7.  Private people hiring illegals to also be fined heavily up to confiscation of real property such as homes for repeated offenses. 

8.  Abolish the concept of anchor babies.  A child born to illegal parents is not an American citizen.  Such things as immediate family/spousal immigration and citizenship need to be addressed and expedited.

9.  Anyone caught aiding or assisting an illegal entry to receive 5 years jail time and confiscation of any materials being used.  Consider the same penalty for those knowingly aiding an illegal to maintain residence here.

These thoughts are certainly not the final solution, but could at least be the start of true immigrant reform.  All need modified, all need additional thought, but I think the concept is there.  Strike at the problem from many directions at once and provide reasons not to become an illegal alien; not to help an illegal alien; not to hire an illegal alien; a reason to just stay away from the whole thing.

4. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

Sorry wilderness, but none of that will happen. This isn't about illegal immigration. There is a much larger issue at stake here -- all of which you've heard before. But I believe this "larger issue" is what's driving Obama's agenda.
       First, the Dems want the votes in 2012. So Obama's (Pelosi, Reid, et al) plan is to allow in as many illegals as will fit into a confined area. Then give them amnesty before the Presidential election. Of course they will vote Democrat.
       Second is that Obama wants to erase the border completely. He's been hinting at this in various ways. For example, the United States is not an "exceptional" nation; "we are one people" (Mexicans and Americans); "borders don't define who we are"; and so forth. And now Obama has directed that ICE should not assist Arizona in its fight against illegal immigration.
       There are some serious sticking points. If the border was erased how many Mexicans would flood the U.S. and its welfare programs, hospitals, schools, etc.? It could be hundreds of millions.
       The situation with ICE not helping Arizona is extremely serious. It means that any state will not receive federal help unless that state meets strict federal guidelines. To put that another way: If you don't behave you will be disciplined. Sounds eerily similar to Nazi tactics. So say goodbye to states' rights.
       Obama is a very scary man. I didn't have religion before. But I'm buying a Bible tomorrow.

1. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The United States of Mexico come live the dream!

2. wilderness profile image95

Well, I think you're right in that nothing will happen, but I hope not.  I DO see where several more states are toying with the same idea as Arizona.  And I do think most Americans are thinking the same way - they're just not vocal enough.  There may be some hope.......

1. profile image57
        foreignpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, wilderness. Other states are considering similar measures. And this is very interesting. Will Obama subject these states to the same thumbscrew tactics he's using on Arizona? Will they be scared away from exercising their sovereign right to enforce laws that have been in place for years?
           Obama is refusing to enforce federally-mandated immigration laws, and is also preventing states from doing the same. But this has been an issue for the last four administrations. Only now is it coming to a head. Which leads me to believe that open borders is close at hand.
            Trouble is, even with universal health care, there's no way this country could withstand the deluge of bodies crossing the border seeking treatment. Of course, under ObamaCare, we pay for five years before the plan kicks in. This would give newly-amnestied "immigrants" time to pay into the system.
           It's a Ponzi scheme of the highest order. I wonder if the word "Ponzi" is mentioned in the Bible? Or "Madoff?"

3. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"any state will not receive federal help unless that state meets strict federal guidelines. To put that another way: If you don't behave you will be disciplined."

Same thing happened with No Child Left Behind.

Rick Perry of Texas was pushing the Super-Highway to erase national borders.

Some people feel this sudden push to get illegals out is the Republican party trying to diminish votes for Democrats....although, How can illegal immigrants vote???
      OR get welfare???
      You don't just walk in there and demand it...you need tons of paper work, proof of ID, birth certificate, etc, etc.....how can you say they get stuff for free?

5. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Thank you for your service.

Don't worry. We are about to deport them all. And send obama with them.

We also should sue the Mexican govt. for addicting and stringy out out kids. It is a fact that most drugs come from mexico... I hear the leant leftists spout it all the time.

One can only hope the Natl Guards from all the states will start rotating the borders, and start treating illegals like our good friends the Mexicans and Iranians.

Hahhhh Yes new immigration policies based on the humane nations like China's and North Korea's. We should ask Libya or one of those Human rights nations to draft it for us... I bet the leant leftists would love that.

1. lovemychris profile image76

The drug running in this country is run by the CIA.
      The gangters buy their guns here.
      None of you care about that because you think the second amendment trumps life itself.

That's got to be news to the Mexican Mafia, they sure thought they were in control.

That's what they ( your Bosses) want you to think. Mexicans know very well who's Boss. LOL

Based on your previous posts I think I will choose to ignore you.

the best thing you can do. Your mind is too short and comprehension is too long.

6. watchya profile image60
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

When did politicians stop being hypocrites ?

I don't know, when?

never.

Did you need that answer ?
        yikes

No, but you saw fit to answer the question, so thank you.

7. watchya profile image60

"Wow, this is the most amazing post I have ever read. African Americans and rednecks would be deported for what reason? "

Because your country is racist maybe ?

When did redneck become a race?

Racism in not only bout race, it's about hatred for different ideologies and social status.
        And you were the one putting red necks in the same bag of other races, not me LOL

Racism is about race...only! What you are talking about is bigotry, two different things.

And no I didn't put them into anything, I was responding to the person who did.

And who was that ?

8. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

This issue isn't about race. It's about economics. And power. And control. Obama is buying time. At some point in the near future, the pieces will fall into place sufficiently that Obama -- with Calderon at his side -- will announce that the United States and Mexico will erase the southern border.
       This isn't amnesty. This is a full-blown uniting of two countries under one flag, with one set of laws, one head of state, and a bilateral Congress consisting of Mexicans and Americans.
       Some people will argue that this is good. It will erase numerous problems emanating from Mexico to include illegals. And those residing in Mexico, for example, will contribute into the universal ObamaCare and the Social Security network. Advocates of a united Americas will argue that there is no other way to handle hundreds of millions of people and their basic needs. But it will also create a host of new problems.
       It's too bad Texas educators now advocate the teaching of the free market system in their new textbooks. Free market enterprise will be reduced to an afterthought.
       I think I found the word "Pelosi" in the Bible. This does not bode well.

9. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

May 22, 2010       New Book from Global Research: The Global Economic Crisis     

Nafta Superhighway Returns From The Dead
    Rick Perry set to push revamped agenda to sell freeways to foreign-owned private companies and convert them to toll roads

by Paul Joseph Watson

"key component of the NAU transport system was the proposed Trans Texas Corridor, a massive 4,000 mile network of highways that were to be sold to the Spanish company Cintra and operated as toll roads - creating a huge new tax on the American people which would be paid directly to a foreign-owned private company.

Texas Governor and Bilderberg invitee Rick Perry launched a PR stunt in January when he claimed that the Trans Texas Corridor was dead, when in reality as Jerome Corsi and others pointed out, the project was merely to have its name changed and its design slightly altered.

“Close examination shows Perry’s declaration from Iraq involves yet more public relations efforts by the governor and TxDOT to defuse criticism from voters and reposition a hugely unpopular initiative by dropping the designation ‘Trans-Texas Corridor,’ or ‘TTC,’ while still allowing TxDOT to proceed with the components of the original TTC plan that had been scheduled for implementation now,” wrote Corsi.

Corsi’s warning that the TTC was still very much in the pipeline has proven accurate with the news that the authority of the Texas Department of Transportation, TxDOT, will run for at least 2 more years with a fresh injection of $2 billion in state funds that will be allocated to new transport projects.

Using the cover of a special session of the legislature, Perry will push “a measure that allows
    “Gov. Perry wants to get the legislature to reauthorize through 2013 the ability of Texas to enter into Comprehensive Development Agreements, or CDAs, with foreign developers to develop Texas highways under public-private partnerships,” Hank Gilbert, a board member with TexasTurf.org, or Texans Uniting for Reform and Freedom, told World Net Daily.

“We are fighting to defeat any attempt by Gov. Perry to extend CDAs,” he said. “Without CDAs, TxDOT will have a difficult time getting foreign development companies to come into Texas to convert our freeways to toll roads.”

Perry’s attempt to force through toll roads owned and operated by foreign companies as part of the wider agenda for a NAFTA Superhighway and a North American Union is a perfect example of how those in power try to neutralize dissent by pulling dirty tricks - claiming a project is dead and then simply renaming it and continuing with the same agenda."

Isn't he a TP hero??? and i'm sorry, but that is funnier than tea-bags....tp movement?

BTW--same thing PNAC did...re-named itself. The agenda is still the same.

Perry is "one of them"....and he's a hero cause he wants to secede?? he wants OUT of America and into CanMexiCa!!

10. watchya profile image60

tongue

cool

11. JON EWALL profile image60
    JON EWALLposted 13 years ago

tobey100
    I happen to see a representative of the Phoenix police organization testify at a AZ state commission regarding the AZ immigration bill. His testimony explained what the loses were to the citizens caused by illegals in Arizona. He read off the names, the causes and results of police officers killed in the line of duty. The list was very long, so long that he used up all of the time allotted for his presentation. He stated that the police organization supported the immigration law.

Each and every elected official takes an oath of office when accepting the duties of his/her office.

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Summary of Federal Immigration and Nationality Act Section 8 USC 1324
    "Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."
    Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):
    A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:
    assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or
    encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
    knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.
    Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime. Anyone employing or contracting with an illegal alien without verifying his or her work authorization status is guilty of a misdemeanor. Aliens and employers violating immigration laws are subject to arrest, detention, and seizure of their vehicles or property. In addition, individuals or entities who engage in racketeering enterprises that commit (or conspire to commit) immigration-related felonies are subject to private civil suits for treble damages and injunctive relief.

President Calderon of Mexico speech before our Congress denouncing Arizona' immigration laws was inappropriate and inexcusable. Members of Congress who applauded his speech should be remembered in the next election when casting a vote.

President Barak Obama, Attorney General Holder, Homeland Security Director Napolitano, All Democrat leaders and members of Congress are guilty of breaking the immigration laws and should be made accountable to the citizens and taxpayers of our great nation.

Maybe it's time to consider impeachment of our public servants in the near future.
    I'm sure you heard it before '' We Are A Nation Of The Rule of Law '' really. Let justice be served.
    The Constitution calls for equal justice for all, not social justice for all.
    Wake up your elected official representative in Washington ,HE WAS ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE TO DO THE WORK OF THE PEOPLE.

1. lovemychris profile image76

TOO LATE!!
      We never held Bushco responsible for ANYTHING!
      They broke laws--proveably...JUDGES said so....and you say nothing about it.
      We who do are called idiots....get over it....blah blah blah.

You deal with Bush adminstration before you say ONE WORD about anything else!!!

Or you are nothing but a partisan.
      You say laws are laws....well prove it!
      You don't get to just ignore Republican crimes and attack democrats and Obama.

12. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Gordon Duff – Veterans Today May 17, 2010

Millions of illegal aliens, thousands members of dangerous drug gangs, have taken over city after city, state after state. Do you really think our government couldn’t have closed the border in days? The illegals are here for a purpose. They killed trade unions, suppressed the minimum wage, worked as slaves for corporate agriculture, filled our prisons and courts, all of this and more was part of a plan. Follow the money. Illegal immigration is a product of lobbyists who fought to protect it, the National Association of Manufacturers and the US Chamber of Commerce in particular. Big agricuture spent millions to keep our borders open and their hero, California Governor Ronald Reagan, chief “coyote” of all time.

1. JON EWALL profile image60
      JON EWALLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lovemychris
      You can't be serious about illegals killing trade unions.
      If you seen some of the protesters on tv, you would be more informed to what occurred.
      SEIU, AFL-CIO members led most of the protest denouncing the AZ law.They didn't even read the law to know that it was the federal law.

Things have been kind of quiet since the media exposed the radicals and racist union organizers.
      Suggest you try to get the facts right.

CAN YOU  EXPLAIN WHAT LAWS WERE BROKEN? ( Bush )

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)